What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel

griffo346

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Standby is when the unit is turned on and has power, but you've hit the power button on the remote so it just goes into standby. IIRC, the time shows up on the box LED display instead of the channel.

Furry

when i turn it off it has a red light which i belive is stand by

but when i turn it on again the red light still apears

as for turning it off and then the clock apearing mine doesnt do that

[furrycat]

Coach
Still think it is a dish or LNbF problem so there isn't too much you can do ATM. How long have you had digital for?

griffo346

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Still think it is a dish or LNbF problem so there isn't too much you can do ATM. How long have you had digital for?

about 6 months or so could it be a faulty box?

[furrycat]

Coach
Dont think the box would be the problem- as I said, the LNB could be faulty or the dish has become misaligned or is damaged. But nevertheless- the techie should figure it out

[furrycat]

Coach
:lol: Give it to 'em for me :fist:

Should be an easy fix though. You'll be up and running on Monday (if they show up). Until then you'll have to put up with FTA :(

jed

First Grade
griffo346 said:
i will demand a free month or discount of some sort
If there's been a problem from the Foxtel side of things, this won't be a problem. I once demanded compensation when it had been not working for 3 days, so over a week should be no contest.

Good luck

MrCharisma

Bench
griffo346 said:
Hey Everyone

I am in request for info on how to reset my foxtel box as i have no signal and havent for 9 days i have rang foxtel and they tell me they have a tech comming out on monday

HELP im going :crazy: without it :lol:

Are you on cable or satelite because that maybe whats going wrong...

MrCharisma

Bench
griffo346 said:
Hey Man i have a satelite

I haven't read your entire thread because I'm lazy. I work for Foxtel (I can hear the boos coming) so I'll see what I can do.

Firstly, I assume you've reset the box with 'back' and 'select'

Secondly, try turning the box off at the power point, let it rest for 1min and then turn it back on.

From what it sounds, you're LMB is down or fecked and either needs a replacement or a booster box.

Go into your Set Up and look in the signal test. If it seems weak, you need to get onto Foxtel on 131 999 to get a repairmen out.

griffo346

First Grade
MrCharisma said:
I haven't read your entire thread because I'm lazy. I work for Foxtel (I can hear the boos coming) so I'll see what I can do.

Secondly, try turning the box off at the power point, let it rest for 1min and then turn it back on.

From what it sounds, you're LMB is down or fecked and either needs a replacement or a booster box.

Go into your Set Up and look in the signal test. If it seems weak, you need to get onto Foxtel on 131 999 to get a repairmen out.

Hey Man

I already have done all that they say a dude could be here monday or tuesday that would make it 12 days i havent had signal :(:crazy:

daslacker

Juniors
Have you tried changing your cable connection?

Your foxtel box or signal strength maybe stuffed.I don't know but,I don't have
sat.

We have 4 foxtel boxes in my house and my sisters foxtel box had no signal when
using the RF in/out.Everyone elses were okay.I got a scart plug(which came with one
of the boxes)that has s-video and composite input/output.Pluged that into the foxtel
box and got her dvd cables which i ran from foxtel to the TV.In the setup switched
video output from PAL to s-video(i think) and that worked.Still got foxtel to change
the box.But yer might be worth a try...if ya haven't already

Furrycat
Does the signal strength have any bearing on the pic quality?
My signal strength is 7dBmV but downstairs has 10dBmv and looks heaps better.I
have HD LCD downstairs SD plasma.Maybe it's just the low bitrates foxtel feed.

[furrycat]

Coach
MrCharisma said:

I already said all of that you slow bastard :fist:

Latest posts