What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France wants to host 2025 World Cup

jim_57

Staff member
If we get a pool of 30 - 40 quality French players in SL that are making an impact, then the NRL clubs will sit up and take notice, just as they did with the class of 2017 Englishmen. England's starting World Cup team were littered with top quality talent playing in the NRL.

I wouldn’t bet on it. Justin Olam has gone from Digicel Cup to arguably the best centre in the NRL within 4-5 years but NRL clubs haven’t exactly been pillaging the Hunters & PNG.

There is a potential vast source of raw talented players just to the North of the NRL that has barely been looked at before we start asking why they aren’t looking at France. NRL scouts have Queensland, NSW & NZ and it seems they barely look outside those sources.

magpie_man

Juniors
I wouldn’t bet on it. Justin Olam has gone from Digicel Cup to arguably the best centre in the NRL within 4-5 years but NRL clubs haven’t exactly been pillaging the Hunters & PNG.

There is a potential vast source of raw talented players just to the North of the NRL that has barely been looked at before we start asking why they aren’t looking at France. NRL scouts have Queensland, NSW & NZ and it seems they barely look outside those sources.

It wasn't that long ago they were barely even looking in NZ

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Fair call

I slightly digress, but as the game here gets more insular i can't see when the world cup will be played here again as the NRL/ARLC don't want anything to undermine SOO.
The last thing they would want is a successful and entertaining world cup for the reason i have stated.
I'm 100% certain the world cup in France will be a success on and of the field and attract new sponsors and new fans to the game.
Here's to the 2025 RLWC 🍷

Hartwood

Juniors
I slightly digress, but as the game here gets more insular i can't see when the world cup will be played here again as the NRL/ARLC don't want anything to undermine SOO.
The last thing they would want is a successful and entertaining world cup for the reason i have stated.
I'm 100% certain the world cup in France will be a success on and of the field and attract new sponsors and new fans to the game.
Here's to the 2025 RLWC 🍷
According to NSW gov, Australia are bidding for 2029

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets hope we have a more international friendly administration by then than we do now.
Let’s hope we have a more rl friendly nsw govt by then!

great to get France confirmed. We are def going. Fly into Barcelona for a few days, train to Perpignan, hire car to tour the region and catch games, hopefully final is in Paris, train up there for few days then fly home. Be awesome!

been to Perpignan for a SL game, lovely little city and the region is beautiful.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fingers crossed Toulouse can make a bang in SL and not get relegated between now and then.
If opener is in Paris I wonder where final will be?

Coastbloke

Bench
Fingers crossed Toulouse can make a bang in SL and not get relegated between now and then.
If opener is in Paris I wonder where final will be?

Paris makes sense for the opener because they can have France as one of the teams.
The Final unfortunately will 'probably not' involve France (personally hope it does of course) so maybe a 'big stadium' in the heartland?

Latest posts