What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Pritchard wanting out of Penrith

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Just heard on the tele, that 2nd Rower Frankie Pritchard is wanting out of Penrith? does anyone have any more info on this?

Geez Penrith are losing some great players, I bet they cant wait to get Petro in there!!

gong_eagle

First Grade
The place is falling apart (penrith that is)

Now Pritchard wants to join Panthers exodus

Glenn Jackson | July 11, 2007

Penrith have spiralled deeper into crisis, with New Zealand international second-rower Frank Pritchard requesting a release from the club.

The Herald understands Pritchard, who has played nine Tests for New Zealand and is regarded as one of the most explosive forwards in the game, asked to cut short his contract on Monday.

The stunning development comes on the back of the club's decision to offer club co-captains Tony Puletua and Luke Priddis releases last week, with further speculation fullback Rhys Wesser and lock Trent Waterhouse were unwanted by the club.

The Panthers declined the verbal request, apparently issued by Pritchard's agent, but the 24-year-old is still considering making a formal application to move to the English Super League.

With the Panthers struggling on and off the field and his friend Puletua on the outer, Pritchard - who is contracted until 2009 - wants to move on.

Already, the Panthers have lost prop Joel Clinton, five-eighth Peter Wallace and halfback Craig Gower for next season, and the loss of Pritchard would arguably be felt more than any of them.

Panthers general manager Michael Leary did not immediately return the Herald's calls.

Priddis has been selected in premier league this weekend, almost three weeks after he was rested by coach Matthew Elliott. Priddis's future is also up in the air, with his manager, David Riolo, saying: "I've contacted quite a few clubs on his behalf. The difficult thing is that most clubs have got an established hooker and it makes it difficult to place Luke at this stage."

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The Panthers declined the verbal request, apparently issued by Pritchard's agent, but the 24-year-old is still considering making a formal application to move to the English Super League.

He is still facing some serious charges. If convicted it could affect any visa application.

mxlegend99

Referee
Let's hope he gets charged then.

Why the hell does Frank want out, but Priddis and Puletua are given that option and WON'T leave us. Frank is by far our best second rower. The only issue is he tends to be rather lazy. I thought Petero would fix that problem. God i hope he gets the chance to.

Im sick and tired of good kiwi talent heading off to that piss poor competition and basically ending their international careers

Mr Saab

Referee
Petero....better hope the Broncos make the semis in 2007 as you wont be seeing them ever again.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
...i had Penrith forward pack to be one of the most dominant packs for 2008..

it looks like it may not be heading that way.

Black Majik

Juniors
I have heard that his manager was speaking to Elliot about another player and asked the question, about releasing Frank, in passing.

Elliot said NO. End of subject.

legend

Coach
I think he'll be released but stay in Australia with a Sydney club. His stepson plays in my sons team and he has a newborn as well. Pretty hard to move them all O/S when he has firm roots in the local area.

Still, stranger things have happened.

He should go to the Eels.

brooksy19

Bench
Poor penny panthers, does anyone out there like Mat Elliot.. Bonehead decision to sack Lang for that clown.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Either way Penrith could field one of the youngest sides on record next year, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

The Colonel

Immortal
legend said:
I think he'll be released but stay in Australia with a Sydney club. His stepson plays in my sons team and he has a newborn as well. Pretty hard to move them all O/S when he has firm roots in the local area.

Still, stranger things have happened.

He should go to the Eels.

Was set to a few years ago I believe...... not long before his first grade debut.

Not good days at the Panthers....

richie8u

Juniors
to tell you the truth, i just dont care anymore, if this had of happened 1 or 2 years ago the Panthers fan would be up in arms, but we have been broken, we just want one more person to leave, Mick Leary, a semi trained monkey could do better,

Latest posts