What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Pritchard wanting out of Penrith

Johns Magic

Referee
Ice777 said:
Not sure if this is just damage control but he seems pretty adament.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22056004-23214,00.html

Panthers hold onto star trio

July 11, 2007
PENRITH Panthers general manager Mick Leary has confirmed second rower Frank Pritchard, fullback Rhys Wesser and lock Trent Waterhouse are staying at the NRL club.

The trio were believed to be on their way out of the Panthers but Leary called a meeting with the whole team this morning to ease concerns over their playing futures.
"They're going nowhere," Leary said today.

"I had a talk to them because all these rumours and innuendos were about but as far as we're concerned they'll be here."Last week the Panthers offered co-captains Luke Priddis and Tony Puletua releases, while the club had already lost halves Craig Gower, Terry

Wallace
and prop Joel Clinton for 2008.Priddis said he was shocked when he was told the Panthers no longer wanted him, but Leary said the club was sticking by its decision.
"Nothing's changed in that situation. It's a decision that's been made and we'll leave it at that," Leary said.

Pffft

pantherz9103

First Grade
Pritchard, Waterhouse and Wesser going nowhere. Let's put innuendo no 31246 about Penrith players to bed can we please?

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: Gower wasnt going to Union in France either... wasnt that about a week prior to him signing the deal? If that?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Frank_Grimes said:
I would suggest he may not share their enthusiasm right now, given recent events surrounding the club.

was just thinking myself "i bet Petro is chopping at the bit to get down to penrith and met his new PL team"

Lime_Green

Juniors
Mick Leary confirmed that the Panthers have refused the request for a release, doesn't change the fact his manager requested a release.

If the Panthers continue their poor form and player exodus I doubt Pritchard will still be there come '08.

choc_soldier

Coach
Eddie. said:
Looks to me the club is in a full blown crisis

* last on the Ladder, poor crowds
* 3 Club Captains on the outer
* Pritchard wants out
* Rumoured Waterhouse and Wesser want out
* Lewis now dropped to the bench, amidst many other senior players
* Wallace in the Twos, Clinton gone

Incredible.

Elliott obviosuly a popular bloke, LOL

You can see it, I can see it, all the Panthers supporters can see it.

But obviously not Panthers management. They've been denying until they're blue in the face that we are a club in crisis... :lol:

But at least the CEO has conceded that "there is a lot of concern".

http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=850

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm glad that we're getting rid of players. Whoever first came up with the idea to get rid of Priddis and Big T, should be calling all the shots. Gower was past his best, and him wanting to leave works our brilliantly for us. Priddis and Big T being on the outer with the club is a promising sign that our management and/or coach realises that these guys just aren't doing their jobs good enough. They are WAY overpaid for what they deliver. We have juniors just as capable, with far more spirit. If we don't get rid of them, hopefully they lift their game. Otherwise they can play for Windsor Wolves.

I'm not sure why Pritchard wants to leave... apparently Adamson isn't getting along too well with our players... so maybe that's it. Fortunately we won't release Pritchard. Hopefully he is happier next season after all these changes take place. This is a very bad sign that he is unhappy. Our management better fix whatever this issue is.

The biggest mistake we have made in terms of keeping players... is not Wallace, Big T, Gower or Priddis. It's Joel Clinton. A front row of Clinton/Petero/Woolnough and Puletua would have been insane. Could have used Grant in the second and had a brilliant forward pack all around. Clinton is always putting in 100% and is our best defender more often then not. The penalties or dropped balls he costs the team are worth the impact he has on the game IMO.

From what we CURRENTLY have, i'd like to see:
1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Geoff Daniela
3. Michael Jennings
4. Michael Gordon
5. Luke Lewis
6. Richie Williams (Carney if we are getting him)
7. Wade Graham (Firman will get this spot though)
8. Petero Civinoceva
9. Paul Aiton
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Nathan Smith
14. Frank Puletua
15. Tim Grant
16. Junior Moors
17. Keith Peters / Masada Iosefa / Maurice Blair

I would be happy if Luke Priddis, Tony Puletua, Rhys Wesser and even Brett Firman found new clubs for next season. I like the first 3 players. But i'd rather my team be winning then sticking with players who are getting worse each season. And honestly... those guys are being overpaid and underperforming.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Glad to see someone else isnt scared to give young Graham a go.

Greg Alexander-->Brad Fittler-->Craig Gower-->Wade Graham

dragonfire

Bench
If they want to go the Panthers should just let them go, obviously they cant go anywhere while bound into their contracts but i wouldnt want guys who want out playing for my team. But yeah does everyone think Elliot is behind all this?

mxlegend99

Referee
For Pritchard leaving? i doubt it. Elliott really rates him. Matt Adamson doesn't get along very well with our players. He might be the main reason. Although maybe Pritchard isn't happy that Puletua, Priddis, Gower etc. aren't being treated like the immortals they thought they were.

I'm glad our club has given these guys a wakeup call. No sooner is Big T told to look for another club, and we see him play his best game of the season. He wants to finish his career with us. Hopefully he plays well enough to stay in first grade.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Adamson has a dodgey history with penrith, its not surprising the players hate him, the fans arnt his biggest fan, nor we're some of the older hand players

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah. I personally have no problem with him. But if he makes our players unhappy, he really should get the boot.

And if Elliott is making the guys we want for next season unhappy... i think he should also get the boot. I really don't care how the likes of Gower, Priddis, Big T etc. get along with him, as they're the past. If players like Jennings, Daniela, Pritchard, Grant etc. aren't too fond of him... i'd be very concerned.

Hopefully we improve next season and that makes our players happier.

Big Mick

Referee
matt adamson is a c**k...always has been...always will be.

Single-handedly destroyed out club in 01-02...and now doing the same. Prick.

choc_soldier

Coach
Gotta agree Big Mick - he appears to be the constant over both periods.

But I think as long as Elliott is there, so will Adamson... unfortunately.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Good responses here from penrith fans, these blokes are fans, probably around (im assuming here) the age of some of these good young players, and they hate adamson for what he did years ago

now lets assume these local juniors were also penrith fans growing up, no doubt the hatred of matt adamson was instilled in them long before he became a team mate... elliott bringing back MA is a big big mistake imo

panthersballboy

Juniors
Yeah not sure what Elliott was thinking bringing Adamson back. He was public enemy number 1 went he left the place. Our senior players were at Penrith then and would remember all the trouble he caused. No doubt they would be in the ears of the younger guys letting them know what a wank he is. Then the bloke has the nerve to try and make a comeback in the playing squad, that would have caused major issues with the current players.

Adamson should be the first to go before Priddo and T. Priddo and T should be relegated to premier league where they will realise they need to lift their game to get a 1st grade spot. They'll either come good again, or if not can look elsewhere in 2008 and get a better deal than what they could get now.

Latest posts