What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezing

NPK

Bench
Ok, how many of you have had the game freeze on them?
I'm curious because we have paid over $80 for a game that has bugs that the developers and beta testers surely should have encountered and addressed these before it was released.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
mines frozen about 4 times during the play of the game.

once it didnt actually freeze
the players froze but i could still change player and the time was ticking down

Razor

Coach
Hasn't frozen at all.

Just closed one time, but I'm running a system below the 'minimum system requirements' so that would be the reason as it happens with the newer EA Sports games as well.

Dover

Juniors
I have the PC Version and running a fairly good machine (Higher than recommended). I have had to restart a game twice due to the game stopping (Both times at penalties).

My main problem is the game takes a long time to start (once in the game it's very quick) and I am using Keyboard controls, but often it won't respond to keyboard, only mouse, therefore i have to restart!!

bartman

Immortal
Sounds like with consoles, saving after every game is the go.

With PC versions, another thread said you have to remove the Demo program from your PC, or else it will cause problems?

Looking forward to trying my PC version out tonight!

Forum Idiot

Bench
I've got the ps2 version and i have played about 5 hours all up since yesterday arvo and it has frozen 2 times in the menus and it has frozen once during play and it has done that thing where no-one moves but you can still change player and pause the game and stuff twice.

so in about 5 hours of play the game has f**ked up times. it is incredibly annoying. id say that the beta testers havent done their jobs right. im not happy having paid for a game that freezes every hour or so. its a waste of my time. HEY VODKA WHY DIDNT YOU DO YOUR JOB CORRECTLY?! ;-)

Mario

Juniors
Forum Idiot said:
I've got the ps2 version and i have played about 5 hours all up since yesterday arvo and it has frozen 2 times in the menus and it has frozen once during play and it has done that thing where no-one moves but you can still change player and pause the game and stuff twice.

so in about 5 hours of play the game has f***ed up times. it is incredibly annoying. id say that the beta testers havent done their jobs right. im not happy having paid for a game that freezes every hour or so. its a waste of my time. HEY VODKA WHY DIDNT YOU DO YOUR JOB CORRECTLY?! ;-)

If it is freezing randomly like that in both the menus and ingame then it is likely that you either have a faulty disc or your PS2 is overheating.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
For me it hasn't froze but my sister was playing as the Dragons and she saved after every game but halfway through one against the Roosters when they were lining up to take a kick it froze. Hasn't happened when i played it though. Hope this doesn't happen often.

HBG

Juniors
As some of you guys know I was involved in testing the game. On the most recent build I had, it was near perfect. This was on PC. I never had a lockup of any sort on this build with the equipment I had being a Duron 1 Ghz, 512mb, Geforce 4 32 mb card, as well as a Celeron 933, 256mb, Geforce 2 32mb card.
I did have problems on my notebook, but then again it is a P2/366 with no 3D type card. :)
I bought the PS2 version, and it runs great. However, I did have a problem this afternoon, when I went to load the Competition, and it wasn't there. However, I soon realised that I was only saving my settings, and not the competition (DOLP!!!).
Anyway, anybody who buys a PS2 MUST buy a memory card, as most games require them now. $60 is a bit to shell out, but Trublu do a cheaper version around $40-50.

Crippler

Juniors
Mr BuLLdOgS said:
mines frozen about 4 times during the play of the game.

once it didnt actually freeze
the players froze but i could still change player and the time was ticking down

same thing happened to me on the xbox.

reminds me of the Fifa 99 bug where if you run the ball into a goal to score instead of kicking it , everyone stands still until the time runs out.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
could it be a disc manufacture rather than a coding problem ?

Im sure if it was freezing while sidhe were testing they would have done something ?

Maybe this is news to them ?

Priddo

Juniors
i've only had the thing were it freezes the players but not the time.... wonder whats the go with it...... but thats the only real bad thing thats happened in about 10 or so hours of play.

MR REF

Juniors
mine has frozen 4 times. once was when i kicked the ball into touch and all th players raced over the side line to get the ball and they all stood there. all the other times was at the end of a game when the score sheet came up.

Its a bit odd that were told that the problem could be a faulty disc or over heating playstation. its happening to too many people.

So what are we to do? get the game refunded? only play it for an hour and then give the ps2 a break?

Latest posts