What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Elite GF *LIVE

druzik

Juniors
Last nights game was superb... much better than the 2008 and 2009 games I saw while over there.

The French flair was there, but it seemed to come off a lot more, that is less mistakes, the players knew their roles. The play the ball I thought was quite fast... at time NRL fast! Or is that just me?

I loved the stadium, it looked fantastic in the spring sunshine.

Did we get an indication on the crowd size. Knowing that Pia and Lezignan between them only have a population of 15k, I think if they had 10k it would have been great... but I would call more like 5-6 k

I bet the are partying in the streets of Lezignan once again. That makes it three in a row and also they get the triple crown this year, Elite league leaders shield, Premiers and Lord Derby Champions! Not bad for a town of 10k!

Chris "Beetroot" Beattie was easy to spot with his red face... at least with the green and white he didn't blend in as much as the other Pink Jerseys :D

So it wasn't just me who had the crappy stream, it kept cutting in and out every couple of minutes.

I might see if I can download it tonight :)

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Some of the tries were absolutely brilliant.

Cheers for the link flamin, my stream was garbage last night and I missed quite a bit so I might check it out again.

Druzik, I think the crowd was around 7k according to Rugbyforumxiii, bit dissapointing, but still a good turn out for the size of the towns involved.

jim_57

Staff member
Some great play from what I saw, was quite suprised at the level of play and speed of play. Some players there that could handle full time football for sure, for me just illustrates the need for Toulouse in SL as soon as possible.

Anyway great game I really enjoyed it, now for Montpellier to bring home Elite 2 and go for promotion.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Great standard of footy and goes to show the potential for rugby league to increase its profile in France.

However, the game attracted less than 7,000 spectators in a great stadium. It goes to show the future is not the Pia's or St Gaudans, as these clubs just don't have the support to attract greater crowds.

The Elite needs to get behind the Montpelliers, Albies, Lyons, Toulouse or Marseilles which were once power houses of the past. The 'small' clubs have had their chances so the game needs to move forward with the slant more towards the bigger 'potential' clubs with a mix of small clubs notibly Lezignan, Limoux, Carcassone, Villenueve, UTC, Avignon.

This should take care of tradition and the future.

Also, wouldn't it have been a good idea to have had Montpellier v Palau (elite 2 final this weekend) as a double header to the elite as the small crowd suggests not too many locals bothered to attend the game which should be promoted as an event for all league supporters!

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Yeah some solid players on show hey! I was impressed with their ball skills and overall athletic ability great show!

winnyason

Juniors
Simply put the elite needs a better mix avignon is a nice size city the additions of albi and montpellier would get bring in potential with teams who have good support.
Lyon need to get house in order.