What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freshie off to ESL

Pazza

First Grade
MEDIA RELEASE: DAVID VAEALIKI
27/07/04
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club wishes to advise that player David Vaealiki has been granted a release from the final year of his contract to take up an opportunity in the English Super League.

David has this morning agreed to terms with the Wigan Club for the next 3 seasons.

“David has made a great impression on everyone at the Club since arriving from New Zealand in 1999. He has a tremendous opportunity to set himself up for life, and he goes with our blessing. I know all Parramatta supporters will join me in wishing him all the very best,” Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald said.

David Vaealiki played 93 First Grade matches for Parramatta, making his debut in 1999. He scored 32 tries in First Grade.

Adam Spadam

Juniors
Thanks for the memories Dave, my personal favourite was the try he scored against the roosters in the 2000 qualifying final, when Phillips dropped the ball.

All the best... :)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If anything positive is to come out of this, Ben Smith will be in the front line next year.

eels_fan

First Grade
MEDIA RELEASE: DAVID VAEALIKI
27/07/04
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club wishes to advise that player David Vaealiki has been granted a release from the final year of his contract to take up an opportunity in the English Super League.

David has this morning agreed to terms with the Wigan Club for the next 3 seasons.

“David has made a great impression on everyone at the Club since arriving from New Zealand in 1999. He has a tremendous opportunity to set himself up for life, and he goes with our blessing. I know all Parramatta supporters will join me in wishing him all the very best,” Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald said.

David Vaealiki played 93 First Grade matches for Parramatta, making his debut in 1999. He scored 32 tries in First Grade.

Possibly a sign that we are freeing up money for a big signing (the rumour in the other thread bout possibly getting Kimmorley from the Sharks may be true!!)

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yeah, I recall a sturdy debut v Canberra in a hard game. One of the best of the young blokes to come through in the SMith years. A great, young player, and combined with Lyon to form one of our best ever centre partnerships. He will be missed heaps.

This has made me quite sad. :(

Adam Spadam said:
Thanks for the memories Dave, my personal favourite was the try he scored against the roosters in the 2000 qualifying final, when Phillips dropped the ball.

All the best... :)

Great try...plus the 3 he scored in the first 10 mins of the season against the Panthers in Round 1 2002.

Ahhh the memories.

Y2Eel

First Grade
with tahu holding 1 centre spot looks like it will be between o'dwyer and ben smith to battle it out unless someone comes back from is holiday........ :clap:

Utey

Coach
Lol i dotn liek the chances. I would fancy O Dwyer there but Smith looks like he can hold his own as well.

PJ Marshal

Coach
well our once international centre pairing of the Killer and the Freshman is gone!

Thanks for the memories Freshy! and good luck with Wigan!