What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From an Eels fan to you raiders fans, Good luck !

Green River Eel

Juniors
Hi Raiders die hards, this is not a gee-up blog or a troll blog, i actually dont mind the Raiders, just wanted to say good luck with stuart and give a few observations if i may.

When RS signed with Parra, i must say i was pretty happy, i put my support behind him, and thought the guy was a straight shooter and had some spine, but that all changed today.

A few mates that supported the Sharks and Roosters warned me about him and said he will only bring trouble and will quit when the going gets tough.

Fast forward to today, and they where spot on.

For you Raiders fans i hope he goes good for you, your team punches above its weight year in year out, so you guys deserve a winning team.

But Ricky has shown some really poor personal traits that will raise their head again.

How he can look in the mirror after the straight out lies he has fed us the last few weeks is beyond me, leaving us is a cowardly move from him and he has lost a huge amount of respect from many people.

Ricky lied through the teeth to us eels fans, he spoke of unity and guts, of sticking it out, he basically fed us bullshit all year, to say that most of us are gutted after todays announcement would be pretty spot on, but theres many that are very happy he is gone.

Ricky has left his troops at their biggest time of need, like a soldier leaving his troops in the trenches 1/3 of their way through a battle after talking all the talk, he walked like a self serving coward.

Him blaming the board is bullshit, him using his daughter as an excuse is also a low move, its the same excuse he has used at every club.

If i sound upset, i am, and please take the guy on with serious caution, he is a proven liar, just go back and watch our last press conference, listen to his spin, he gave us plenty of promises and delivered zero, he is a poor leader of a team, and how anybody can now buy into his spin i have no idea.

RS will not be your saviour, you will see after a while what he is all about.

So good luck to you Raiders die hards, i wish you fans all the best, but i wish RS nothing but distain and a lack of respect.

BEWARE OF RICKY STUART, Just ask us Eels and Sharks fans.

Cheers and all the best for the next 3 years.

Last edited:

Green River Eel

Juniors
I dead set feel sorry for them, i have a soft spot for the raiders, Stuart is a complete myth, not only that but with him its RS first team second, he says all the right things, loves talking the 'we are a family' stuff, but offers zero tactics on the park and zero leadership, its all spin with RS, just wait till he starts blaiming the refs to take the pressure off himself, then wait till he starts saying the team you have just doesnt have the cattle to compete.
Every club he has left is fully aware of the real RS, im seriously feeling for the raiders fans and like im guilty of, they wont see it till its too late.

I can guarentee he will leave the raiders a worse place than when he came to it, and probably turn them from a club that always punches above its weight, to a team thats divided and struggling.

Good luck raiders fans im feeling for you.

Tone83

Juniors
I find it an intriguing social experiment to see if it's even physically possible for the raiders to be in more disarray. Sticky is the perfect man for the job, how low can a club go? We're about to find out.

cb4

First Grade
The same thing at the Sharks...

But I dont think he is a bad coach. He got us to the pre-lim with a pretty ordinary squad.

His problem at Cronulla was he couldn't adapt to his climate. Instead of recruiting smart, he recruited expensive on a club that was already financially crippled.

He also fell out very quickly with the people in charge of him. And he lost the locker room but couldn't except that. By the time it was too late, the damage was done.

Again, I think he is a very good coach, but outside of coaching is his problem.

I am looking on with interest purely on a recruitment year for Ricky. It's already hard to get marquee players there so I am looking forward to what he can do, and what excuses he uses in the media. He is very good at it.

We've had a few rotten apples at our club which divided the club and Furner couldn't manage that too well, not sure many could have.

Ricky looks to have got the squad under the same umbrella , they are united again.

Our strength and conditioning coach has restructured the training program , he has admitted he got it wrong in 2013. The players are already fitter than what they were last year , quite a few players have dropped weight .

This may be Ricky's doing or he has played some part but the club has opened its purse strings , from some reports we have been very amateurish off the field, more money has been put into the medical/recovery side , a new gym was built.

Sticky has the players he has , 2014 can go a couple of ways. We should do better than last year if the attitudes are right , Ive never seen a side that give up like we did in 2013.

Our spine isnt great , Milford should be fullback , that's ok he has X factor . Campo understandingly was off the pace , he needs to have a big year. We either run with a rookie in Cornish as his halves partner but there is a rumour Wighton could be in the halves with Campo. McCrone is looking likely the hooker , apparently training in that position.

We have some good youngsters Vaughan , Milford , Lee already in the NRL but some that could get a start this year , Hawkins , Mago , Pengai , Ahern to name a few.

I believe we will target some big names for 2015 , we have some coming off contract , if we get them thats another thing.

2014 will be interesting

Green River Eel

Juniors
As i said ive always had a soft spot for the raiders, since their golden days they have continuously punched above their weight, im always worried playing the raiders, they can pull of an upset win against anybody, so in no way am i having a shot at the raiders or their fans.

When RS came to Parra i thought he was a good coach and man manager, but the cracks started early with him blaming the refs after every loss for our teams disgraceful display of the basics, and it was week after week, we were never beaten by the ref, we deserved EVERY penalty we got.

RS is all smoke and mirrors, nor do i believe he can bring unity to a club, infact the opposite.

He was a great half himself, yet sandow went backwards under him and lost all confidence, RS is a half killer at every club he has been at, he left parra with a worst record that kearney, and the basics in our game went backwards at light speed.

He knew what he was taking on before he came, he talked the talk then left us in the lerch, that says a lot about the man, not to mention he lied through his teeth.

The whole milford drama said a lot about him too, milford at least was honest, how hypocritical is RS.

Am i a bit sour about RS, yes for sure, but i think RS is toxic to have at a club, its all about himself, im worried for the canberra club, a club i like that RS will put them in a hole that will take years to get out of, i hope its not the case.

At least with the raiders you guys are so good at home you should win about every home game, that will bring his average win/loss to about 50%, which im sure he has taken into account when signing with you guys.

When RS came to Parra i thought he was a good coach and man manager, but the cracks started early with him blaming the refs after every loss for our teams disgraceful display of the basics, and it was week after week, we were never beaten by the ref, we deserved EVERY penalty we got.

if you want to split hairs there was the odd 50/50 call that went against us but we would immediately follow it with a penalty so blatant it was like we were daring the ref to blow the whistle

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Stuart so far has managed to tick every box besides milford but that was a lost cause anyway. All good news so far.

natheel

Coach
Stuart so far has managed to tick every box besides milford but that was a lost cause anyway. All good news so far.

We were saying the same things this time last year. Just wait till the team starts losing and see what he does...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Well we will have to wait and see. There will obviously be losses because the clubs fired our two best players in the space of a few months. What I want to see with Stuart is some progress in improving the way the club is run. Already we do alright in certain areas. I'll give the man a chance before I slit my wrists.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
have several $10,000 cheques made out to the nrl, because ricky will blame anything and everything else but himself.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
the level of butthurt going on with Parra fans is off the effing charts. :lol:
:lol:

Yeah so butt hurt we lost the biggest myth in RL :lol:

I was angry and pissed the way the grub went about it but in the long run it will be a massive win for us.

Enjoy the next 3 years of shit, get ready for the excuses.

nick87

Coach
Yeah, you are perfectly happy without him, which is why your here in a scarcely populated Raiders forum trying to troll

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah, you are perfectly happy without him, which is why your here in a scarcely populated Raiders forum trying to troll
:lol: Trolling???

That was my first comment in the thread and only replied because of your butt hurt comment, hardly trolling I doubt any parra fans are butt hurt. Relieved more like it, good luck Raiders fans you will need it.

nick87

Coach
You'll have to explain what Parramatta fans are doing here?
Unlike you pack of metal midgets over in Parramatta, we haven't proclaimed him as the 2nd coming of Jack Gibson

He's a coach, like almost every coach in professional sport, his success and failure will largely hing on the talent of his squad... my father in law, a quality cricketer in his day once told me "the easiest way to be a good captain, is to have a good team"

I would think if you were as happy to see him go as you claim, you would probably just be content to be done with him. Instead you guys are lobbing in a Raiders LU section that is rarely posted in, to troll

Butthurt, big time.

Tone83

Juniors
As a casual well wisher of parramatta I was annoyed when sticky went there because I know he's shit, just a terrible human being in every sense, and if possible an even worse coach. I was happy for him to go, and happier still to see him inflict himself upon the raiders who I enjoy watching go from debacle to debacle like a spectacularly drawn out car crash.

No butthurt here, just extreme smug satisfaction.

Cartman

Juniors
I can't see how you could paint Parra fans as butthurt. I am a lifelong Raiders fan and a huge Ricky Stuart fan, but only based on his Raiders playing days. I have not seen much to make me exited to have him as a coach, and if any thing Parra fans would be glad to have gotten rid of him. The only anger I assume they would have is the way Stuart came to their club pledging to turn things around and imo left them in a worse position when he bailed halfway through the job.

In the end he exercised a clause in his contract and our management showed their usual ineptitude in decision making and signed him.

As usual I will go into the season fully supporting the team and hoping for the best, but I am not confident to predict how we will go. I figure we have surely hit rock bottom by now :lol:

If we make it through the season with no drunken rooftop selfies I think I will celebrate it like a GF win. :p

Im looking forward to seeing how it goes, with a game plan thats apparently more upbeat...ill wait till halfway through the season to make any other judgement

Latest posts