What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From sugar to S*&t

BF

Juniors
Roosters for sure... add to the list of Canterbury rejects Brett Firman.

NGR

Juniors
he was playing some good footy at the Broncos before heading to Souffs.

he went to crap at Souffs and he could not get out of the place quick enough when his contract was up.(don't blame him)

i know he got picked to play origin while at souffs but the Maroons were desperate in 2005.

thats why it is funny.:lol:

Congrats... You just made yourself look like an idiot...

Danish

Referee
Roosters and Souths would have to be the firm favourites for this gong.

The last really good recruitment the roosters made would be going back 8-9 seasons. Every established first grader purchased over the past 8 years has been a disappointment, except perhaps Roberts.

Souths too have just had horrible runs with buying established players. Asotasi hasn't really gone backwards but certainly hasn't shown the kind of form he was in at the bulldogs. Cusack and Luke have been respectable certainly, but thats about it.

I'd say the Roosters have the title sewn up for the sheer number of big name duds we've bought in the past 5 years, but Souths certainly would be in second, with daylight third.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ashley Harrison I never rated at Brisbane, but had a pretty good 2004 and 2005, went backwards after going to the Roosters, has got that form back for the Titans. Good on him.

Fletcher really busted his gut nearly every week in a pretty sh*t Souths team.

Luke Stuart, well to play every season since they got reinstated in 2002 is amazing. He's played well.

Neville Costigan at the Raiders. I hate everything about that punk (having said that, I always did) and wish the games he played for the Raiders could be stricken from all official record books.
couldn't catch a cold at canberra (ridiculous) even if he did catch the ball he would just knock it on before the tackle was completed hated him running the ball

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
warriors and cowboys have f**ked a few players up over the years as well

Warriors don't count because.

A) We never buy sugar, we just buy discards from other clubs.

and B) The sugar we turn into sh*t is usually our own products.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
most clubs just have a direct sewerage pipe to DFS, could go back to the dark old days under supercoach sheens when he brought his "superstars" with him that did sweet f$ckall. Last real "name" signings we have made that i can think of are matt sing and travis norton and both went on with it or in singy's case actually improved. Like pete said, majority of our recruits are already sh*t, scott minto ffs!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

dubby

Bench
most clubs just have a direct sewerage pipe to DFS, could go back to the dark old days under supercoach sheens when he brought his "superstars" with him that did sweet f$ckall. Last real "name" signings we have made that i can think of are matt sing and travis norton and both went on with it or in singy's case actually improved. Like pete said, majority of our recruits are already sh*t, scott minto ffs!!!

Scott Minto :lol:

Travis Burns failed at NQ which surprised me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
pretty much shows when our most successfull 6 outside of him has probably been justin smith

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos have had mixed success with recruits.

I mean we've had Kevin Walters, Gorden Tallis, Chris Johns and Glenn Lazarus all shine up here but for every one of those recruits we've had a Billy Noke, Anthony Mundine, Joel Clinton and Scott Prince.

In the past four seasons my assessment of the players we've recruited is...

Gone forward:
Ben Hannant
Michael Ennis
Peter Wallace
Antonio Winterstein

Stayed the same:
Joel Clinton
Ben Te'o
Ashton Sims
Israel Folau
Aaron Gorrell

Gone backwards: