What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From The Newcastle Forum...

eels_fan

First Grade
They've caught onto the 'Burt's Gone' bandwagon!!

And all the fans want Newcastle to sign him straight away!!

:lol:

chloe

Juniors
Assuming the rumours are true, if I was Luke Burt I'd carefully assess all my options and apoligise to Brian Smith profusely.

hindy_fan

Juniors
yeah i agree,i think newcastle are the only nrl team that would consider signing him them and maybe even souths

Hurriflatch

Referee
It all depends on what was said

If Brian has said

"Your nothing and your mother wears army boots"

then Burt has every reason to be angry

if however Brian said

"Your form hasn't warrented selection for you next week and Riddell did a good job with the boot so I'm going to play again Petersen next week, but if you show form in reggies you could ge your spot back"

then yeah Burt would need a re-think

rowdy

First Grade
i think burty would be pretty accepting of that, I dont think he's someone who is blind to how his form is going.

btw...how is peto's injured finger? Any news...dont know if its been mentioned anywhere else...

eels_fan

First Grade
I'm thinking it may have been something more along the lines of:

"Burty, you've been a good team player over the years, but your form isnt improving and with Petersen playing better than you, Riddell and Morris kicking well, there is no room in first grade for you. Also, with John Williams and Reddy going so well in Premier League...theres no room there for you either... Your no longer in our plans. Have a nice day."

eelsta

Bench
IF he does go lets not all start bagging out the poor bloke or the team he goes to
Remember he was an eel for a long time

hindy_fan

Juniors
i would be sad to see him go he has been apart of our team for awhile but the simple fact is he is the weak link in our team.

Jono078

Referee
You cant blame us Newcastle fans for wanting him... I mean we lose a back a week :(.

And I find that he plays better without the goal kicking duties.

So he would be great for us atm...

Hurriflatch

Referee
The bagging he cops (if any) will depend on the real reason(s) behind him leaving if it is proven to be true.

Alex28

Coach
eels_fan said:
They've caught onto the 'Burt's Gone' bandwagon!!

And all the fans want Newcastle to sign him straight away!!

:lol:

dude...have you not seen our backline? he'd be a superstar and safe as houses in our backline of duds...

Glen

Bench
He would be a decent signing for Newcastle at this stage. Miles better than most of their backline, fairly cheap and they wouldn't have to wait til next year since they need help now. Probably just a rumour anyway

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
eels_fan said:
I'm thinking it may have been something more along the lines of:

"Burty, you've been a good team player over the years, but your form isnt improving and with Petersen playing better than you, Riddell and Morris kicking well, there is no room in first grade for you. Also, with John Williams and Reddy going so well in Premier League...theres no room there for you either... Your no longer in our plans. Have a nice day."

hahahaha thats some funny sh$%

Macca_

Coach
All thoughts on the guy aside (playing wise) you have to have some respect for a guy who takes a pay cut to stay at the club. He has been a good club man and despite what side of the fence you sit with him he deserves some credit for that.

Sure he may not have got as much elsewhere, but he may have. Look at Pat Richards going to England for 330k. Way overs for mine. Luke could have done the same or could have said I want to listen to offers and see whats out there.

Thats my understanding of what happened when he last signed, I could be completely wrong. If it went down different then disregard it all as garbage. Remember I just spent a weekend in Newcastle...

Macca_

Hindyscrack

Bench
Macca_ said:
Sure he may not have got as much elsewhere, but he may have. Look at Pat Richards going to England for 330k. Way overs for mine. Luke could have done the same or could have said I want to listen to offers and see whats out there.

Macca_

Comparing Richards with Burt? The simple fact is that he took a paycut because there would have been minimal market interest in him.