What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From what I saw Green is overrated but Inu and Hayne were quite good.

Utey

Coach
Pazza said:
I've only seen Green play one game but i was very disapointed in his lack of involvment. The game was there to be won, he didnt step up. A few brilliant touches doesnt make a first grade player.

You havent seen him enough, he has had a very injury interrupeed season. In 2004 he was going very very well when he had a full season under his belt.

Kornstar

Coach
I agree with UTE, i have watched him for 2 years and he is fantastic, this year they had alot of injuries and they didn't have the best half next to him, he had to basically do everything, put him with Marcus next year and i think you will se a big improvement in him when some pressure can be taken off him!!

greena

Juniors
Doesn't matter how you try to cut it, Green at half or 5/8 he will never play in the halves with Smith, it would be the slowest halves combination in league.

Firstly, Morris had a reasonably successful 2005 outside Smith, forget the game against the Cowboys, if you use that as a guide you would sack 3/4 of the side that won the minor premiership whic is more than was hoped for at the start of the season.

As for Green, I doubt that he will make a permaent PL player let alone 1st grade. I think his best chance is to try and develop into a hooker.

Players like Hayne & Inu have shown some promise in JF but have also show their inexperience at time, I've witnessed a couple of shockers from Inu in particular. Hayne certainly looks to have more ability at this stage but both need to work on their physical strength if the are to take a permanent role in PL.

Stagger eel

Staff member
greena said:
Players like Hayne & Inu have shown some promise in JF but have also show their inexperience at time, I've witnessed a couple of shockers from Inu in particular. Hayne certainly looks to have more ability at this stage but both need to work on their physical strength if the are to take a permanent role in PL.

when you consider the age of both players and the fact that this off season will probably be their first where they get to train with a senior sqaud, I believe they will both show great improvements on their game.

They've both shown enough to suggest they will be fine players in the future.

Utey

Coach
greena said:
Doesn't matter how you try to cut it, Green at half or 5/8 he will never play in the halves with Smith, it would be the slowest halves combination in league.

Firstly, Morris had a reasonably successful 2005 outside Smith, forget the game against the Cowboys, if you use that as a guide you would sack 3/4 of the side that won the minor premiership whic is more than was hoped for at the start of the season.

As for Green, I doubt that he will make a permaent PL player let alone 1st grade. I think his best chance is to try and develop into a hooker.

I disagree with the Blake Green issue. Actually there isnt an issue.