What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From what I saw Green is overrated but Inu and Hayne were quite good.

Kornstar

Coach
Daize said:
I watch Blake Green week in week out, he is nowhere near first grade standard. In fact one game this year he was playing that badly that Matt Cameron gave him the hook and blasted him in the sheds and believe me it was deserved. This is only because he seems to have a chip on his shoulder, big headed and arrogant when he is on the field. The best quote I have hear about him was during the grand final when someone noted he "takes the wrong options but looks like a good ball runner"

Well when he has to play outside a 7 that is pretty crappy and he has to take over and make things happen, can you blame him for having a chip on his shoulder? Plus lets face it, we don't have the biggest forward pack, the ones we do have are injured for half the season. Matt Cameron also makes some poor decisions, you tell me David Williams is better in the second row or you tell me Googs should have been in the centres to start the GF???

David Williams plays a similar game to Delaney, yet for the last 5 weeks he has been in the back row and has been nowhere near as effective, yet i remember many games this year where he has busted his way through the defence and ran 70 metres to score a try......

I will agree that Green has had some poor games but he is 19 isn't he? You have to agree though that he has had games where more often than not, he has been the difference and his vision and skill have pulled off a victory, i have seen many times this year where Green has decided that we are going to win a game and he has made it happen!

I think if he is going to have JT as coach next year and a player like Marcus either inside or outside of him (whichever way they start) then you will see him have a better attitude.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dave Williams actually played in the centres in the grand final with Googs slotting in the backrow.

fish eel

Immortal
I think if he is going to have JT as coach next year and a player like Marcus either inside or outside of him (whichever way they start) then you will see him have a better attitude.

I like seeing the young kids actually show a bit of bottle, things arent going the way they want, but still put their head down and let their performances do the work. It shows they've got real character, and separates the Micahel Witt's from the Tim Smith's.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
They didn't start that way though.....

ok! Googs told me on monday he was always playing in the backrow and Williams slotted in the centres, Googs was also very sick before the match which is why he only last 15 minutes in the first half before he came off.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
Dave Williams actually played in the centres in the grand final with Googs slotting in the backrow.

They certainly did not start that way, it wasn't until Googs came back on the field that they switched.

Still not the ideal way of playing a GF though is it?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Kornstar said:
will agree that Green has had some poor games but he is 19 isn't he?

True. But this is my argument that he isn't ready for higher grades. The biggest reason why I believe that people talking about him playing first grade next year have no clue

Kornstar said:
You have to agree though that he has had games where more often than not, he has been the difference and his vision and skill have pulled off a victory,

No I don't. I think he has lost just as many games through his often selfish options. He is a strong ball runner but just isn't a creator for his team.

Also, Chris Law and Jonathan Tavinor are not bad players. They are at a similar level to Green, maybe just a touch behind.

Jodeci

Bench
Daize you must be kidding me. I to have watched Blake and the flegg boys every week since he has started playing Flegg. He is a class above the pack. He didn't have one of his best games and all of a sudden people are talking him down. I would suggest that some of you people actually watch our flegg boys.

Chris Law is a shocker, to even mention his name in the same sentance as Blake will do me. Chris cant kick the ball more then 20 metres, nor can he throw cut out passes like Blake

Tavinor is ok.

Jodeci said:
Daize you must be kidding me. I to have watched Blake and the flegg boys every week since he has started playing Flegg. He is a class above the pack. He didn't have one of his best games and all of a sudden people are talking him down. I would suggest that some of you people actually watch our flegg boys.

Chris Law is a shocker, to even mention his name in the same sentance as Blake will do me. Chris cant kick the ball more then 20 metres, nor can he throw cut out passes like Blake

Tavinor is ok.

Spot on.

Kornstar

Coach
True. But this is my argument that he isn't ready for higher grades. The biggest reason why I believe that people talking about him playing first grade next year have no clue

Just for the record, i am not one of the people touting him as playing First Grade next season, i think he needs to prove himself in P/L first, i am touting him to be next to Timmy in the future but certainly not next year.

Jodeci

Bench
I would even suggest once John Morris is finished with us, the Blake assumes the no.7 and Timmy moves to 5.8.

Tim needs to be at second reciever, reason being that he can throw those cut out balls to Tahu and Big Ben Pies. Plus more time to kick down field and organise the backline in regards to 2nd man plays, decoys, run arounds, etc.

I think Blake at 7 is good as he can run one side of the ruck as well.

Blake needs a good season in PL first before we can assume anything

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Jodeci said:
Blake needs a good season in PL first before we can assume anything

This part makes sense. And Kornstar I know you weren't one of those guys but I was just highlighting a point.

Jodeci, you can't tell me that Green performs well under pressure and has been their best player in flegg this year. I think for consistency Sorensen would win best player. Green has his major flaw of not reading the play well. He needs to seriously work very hard on his game (as Tim Smith did) to press for higher grade selection. Reminds me alot of Michael Witt unfortunately. What is in his favour is that he doesn't go missing and tries to the end but as a playmaker he is currently limited.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
how many tries did Jarrod Hayne score this yr in the lower grades?

Flatch we'll have to provide those stats but probably not as many as you thing as he started playing grade late after the SG Ball competition had finished, he also only played the last few games of SG Ball due to a leg injury sustained in the trials.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It will be interesting to see how he goes.

Hopefully for our sake he fires and has a blinding 2006 season.

Pazza

First Grade
I've only seen Green play one game but i was very disapointed in his lack of involvment. The game was there to be won, he didnt step up. A few brilliant touches doesnt make a first grade player.