What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Row Depth

hineyrulz

Post Whore
it's not looking to good depth will be sorely tested. i missed the game how bad was fui's tackle?

number8

Juniors
I think we'll see a bit of Robbo, Hindmarsh & Morro up front in the comming weeks. More game time for Cordoba who was very stong tonight & some A Grade for Weller & Zeb who I think will come in for possibley one of the afore mentioned pushing up front. At least until Tahu returns in which case the kids will drop back & O'Dwyer will take the back row or bench spot.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
with tahu back next week, why not put benny on the bench, using him as a running back-rower. cordoba to start, hindy to rotate as he is now but also robbo to share the workload a bit more with him.

Am i crazy to think this:crazy: :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I said it would be a problem a few weeks ago and it's now come to fruition, we just need to battle away and get as far as we can.

btw Jake and everyone Weller hurt his ankle at training and it looks like his goneskies for the season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dragons_Head said:
with tahu back next week, why not put benny on the bench, using him as a running back-rower. cordoba to start, hindy to rotate as he is now but also robbo to share the workload a bit more with him.

Am i crazy to think this:crazy: :crazy:

T won't be back on Friday.

strider

Post Whore
I just don't think we should move O'Dwyer out of the centres - he has been outstanding there - great defence (as expected) but also great attack which I didn't think he had in him.

He's shown he can play great there when given a settled situation - don't move him around (to the forwards or bench) and take him out of the rythm he's found

Utey

Coach
Put Hindy in the Front Row ;-)

Peter Lewis had a good game in Prems. As did Junior Paulo.

xr62nv

Juniors
wagon has played a bit of prop before .. even for a good stint in the game against canberra (think it was)

you can't go into the game only having 2 props, because if one goes down injured, or even sent off again (for whatever reason) you're going to end up having a lightweight pack, and against any team, it'll be pretty hard for the forwards to gain any ground with only 1 prop in the entire 17.

8. cayless
9. riddell
10. cordoba
11. hindy
12. robinson
13. morrison

14. marsh
15. widders
16. wagon
17. Lewis (offloading ability would be vital)

by the way .. can taia play a bit of prop off the bench .. has he done it in PL before?

Hellsy

Immortal
strider said:
I just don't think we should move O'Dwyer out of the centres - he has been outstanding there - great defence (as expected) but also great attack which I didn't think he had in him.

He's shown he can play great there when given a settled situation - don't move him around (to the forwards or bench) and take him out of the rythm he's found

Very Very true... but he would probably move aside when Tahu returns anyway.
Gee Chalky is gunna cause us some grief in the coming years!!! He has really really proven himself this year

Hellsy

Immortal
Perrymatta said:
Sorry you lost me there, but just out of interest why drop chalky?

Not 100% but perhaps Jake was thinking that Chalky would stay in the centre position, the lineup he gave was for 8-17, not 1-7

strider

Post Whore
we WILL lose Fui - its just a matter of how many weeks

unfortunately I believe it has the potential to derail our season - cos I just don't think we have anyone who can step up and offer what he offers annd and Fui is soooooo imortant for us.

caylo has stepped up of late but we need at least one other impact front rower .... cordoba did well again last night - but he really has to make a huge step up to in any way cover for fui's loss .... and i don't see anyone in PL that can be the one to step up and do the fui role

Hellsy

Immortal
Gee Caylo was bloody good last night want he????? He really played his heart out!

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Cordoba/ Cayless - Hindmarsh and Robbo can help out. Morro and Wagon to take care of the back row. Ben Smith to help out from the bench when Tahu slots back in the centres.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Give Weller a run

Hayne was given a shot and killed it when he wasn't in top form in reggies in fact 2 weeks before Hayne made his debut almost everyone had Inu ahead of him.

Hurriflatch

Referee
ah missed that

well that's just great

another one down

Well his too damn good for the wing so throw Hayne the #10 jersey :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
ah missed that

well that's just great

another one down

Well his too damn good for the wing so throw Hayne the #10 jersey :lol:

dude - i thought hangin with HJ so much would have prevented these kind of things :lol: :lol:

True EEL

Bench
Jake the snake said:
Well I would.....

Have Hindmarsh Start at Front rower with cayless

Wagon To starting Lock

Huaraki in on the bench for Wagon.

Hindmarsh
Pig
Cayless
Robo
Morrison
Wagon

Pj
Widders
Cordoba
Huaraki

well we don't always agree on things, but here is the man with his finger on the pulse on this occasion

Hindy up front on a more permanent basis, leaving Cordoba as at least one legit prop on the bench (and he has been playing well there anyway) and Wagon into the backrow is exactly what i think should and will happen

at a pinch (as some have suggested) O'Dwyer could be moved to lock (or even Ben Smith) but really this would only happen to accomodate Tahu back into the side (or Burt somewhere)

good call Jake, i made it in the Dragons side thread.....

10. Hindmarsh