What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui Fui Moi Moi take a bow

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelz47 said:
hurri i think you are wrong there, i dont believe fui signed his own name for melb if you know what i mean

Your right his manager signed the contract (if thats what you meant) but it was still legally binding.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Fui will be resigned year by year like widders, i cannot see them letting him go, he is a massive impact player probably the best in the league.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Deano's year has been vintage to say the least I'd say another one like that would secure him a longer deal, if not with us def with another club.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yep

I know this year is far from over but Morris, Wade, Burt, Fui and Deano all come off contract next year

Might be others as well.

yy_cheng

Coach
Fui is adding the impact vella did in 2001 with Quick STRONG Runs and quick play the balls. He hits harder in defence than Vella though.

Cannings has been a dissapointment.....I think we should release him early and we got to get Big Jack running like Fui does.

Avenger

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Yep

I know this year is far from over but Morris, Wade, Burt, Fui and Deano all come off contract next year

Might be others as well.

2 maybe 3 out of those 5 will head to the Gold Coast. Burt and Fui are the only ones that are certain to stay IMO.

shiftysmith

Juniors
im sure june 30 this year both him and grothe signed for two years,i remember because i was worried we would lose him

yy_cheng

Coach
I remember debating about morris' contract a few weeks ago and I remember pulling out 1eyed's article as proof. However, someone mentioned that he was signed for 1 with an option on 2 just as with Deano for this year and next.

The Colonel

Immortal
Most definitely only one with an option for another. It all depends on how a few things pan out....

Avenger

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
I wouldn't call Blake or Marcus THINGS !!!

Morris at the moment is twice the player that Blake and Marcus are. I seriously cannot understand some of you people. Here we are 2 games away from a grand final. Both Smith and Morris have been outstanding and some want to look too far ahead and change our number 6!!!!!!!!

Morris is only 24 for christ sake. Barring injury, he will be the 5/8th for all of next year and possibly beyond. Blake cannot even crack a couple of good games in premmies yet people are talking him up as if he is the next Kenny.

yy_cheng

Coach
I did not imply that Marcus or Green will take over but then did you expect that T.Smith and B.Smith as well as J Reddy would perform as they did?

Furthermore, I am not a Morris Basher. I reckon he is well suited to playing along with Timmy and I hope he will be with the blue and gold for a long time.

If you want to be a realist however, we will lose players.

Other clubs will go out for our players and our PL players and I think Timmy would be the longer term player to build our team around so the importance would be to keep him before Morris.

In 2 years Morris would be 26, he would be looking to sign a 2-3 year MASSIVE contract and if he performs, we may not be able to keep him.

But then if the Salary Cap goes, well.........

Avenger

Immortal
Next year there will be some tough choices to be made. They will be:

Burt or Williams?

MoiMoi or Cannings ?(no brainer for me)

Tsoulos or Afamasanga?

Mckinnon or Reddy? (I cannot decide)

Morris or Green/M. Perenara. keating will eventually replace Morris.

Cordoba or H. Perenara?

Delaney or Mateo?

PS my choices are in bold.

yy_cheng

Coach
In the official Parra forum, someone posted the 1st and PL team and I definitely reckon we have the best combined 1st and PL team.