What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fui update....

Hellsy

Immortal
OK everybody... I have had some info handed to me...... and trust me it comes from someone very reliable.

Parra are appealing Fui's suspension and it will be held on Friday morning.

Don't ask me to name the source, for further details, or even an update after the appeal as I probably won't get it before the media does anyway.

Enjoy the speculating :D :D

Eelectrica

Referee
Good news.
The only thing I want to know is what method they used to decide if we could appeal or not? Did they toss a coin, draw straws or pick the decision out of a hat?

I'm guessing they ran a poll in a Chinese newspaper and a whole of let of confused people voted yes, we could appeal.

eelaholic

First Grade
Go Fui!!!!

Great news Hellsy, from a more than trust worthy source I'm certain!

Hopefully there is more good news come Friday!

Hellsy

Immortal
Not sure how they decided... from the sounds of it they always wanted to but had to do some routine investigating and looking at video's and then of course wait for permission to be granted to be able to...... Rome wasn't built in a day....

eloquentEEL

First Grade
He's not likely to get off completely (as there was some contact) which means that he can't play this week regardless.

By my calculations though he could be available for the next match (as this would be his 2nd week suspended) IF they can get it downgraded from the reckless grade 2 to a careless grade 1.

From my understanding, he had 36 carryover points and 3 prior high tackles (each carrying 50% loading = 150% loading on top of whatever he gets). a careless grade 1 carries 75 points + 112.5 points loading + 36 carryover points = 223.5 points = 2 matches + 23.5 carryover points. A careless grade 2 is another 50 points + 75 points loading = 125 points which would see him miss an extra match. Now this is assuming that there is no discount. However, I'm not sure how it works if they are contesting the grading (in effect pleading guilty). Maybe there will be some sort of discount after all. Anyway, before I continue to thoroughly confuse myself and everyone else, we'll just have to wait and see.

even if he does somehow manage to make himself availabe this week, I can't see Brian including him at such short notice... which means Newtown would have to watch out big time.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yup.
There is not alot of chance that Fui will play again this year.

As Jess posted previously and was told by many forum members that she was incorrect.... in actual case she was 110% correct as her source is the same as mine, and you CANNOT get a better source than this. TRUST ME.
"Our original case to the tribunal was that Fui did not make direct contact with the head. Now we have new video evidence we have to go back and say "Ok.. so Fui did make contact, but we don't think it is as bad as what you think it was""

Eelementary

Post Whore
If Fui misses the GFQ, he's already missed 2 matches - that's more than enough, considering the 'hit' that he was charged for.

In my opinion.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah.. I agree.. unfortunately Fui's bad record is not going to help him.
I hope our lawyer can get him off, but the message I got was more one of how many games will Fui miss next year, not will Fui be eligible for the GF if we make it.

We all live in hope though, even my source :D :D

parra pete

Referee
If the appeal is successful, it is my way of thinking that it is not downgraded, but totally dismissed. The Appeals Board WON'T set a NEW penalty. They do not have the authority. That is done by the judiciary. He is either guilty as charged - or not guilty as charged. From what I have seen of the video he'll get off (that's looking with one eye though, and a hopeful heart)
In other words...He won't go from 9 weeks to 5, he'll go from 9 to zilch.
IS that the correct line of thought.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's just not right.

It was a nothing hit. Nothing

But because of a 'bad record' he'll get 9 weeks....

It's a disgrace, really.

Hellsy

Immortal
Well ParraPete if your line of thought is correct then my source was not at all confident. Actually the hit on the Brisbane player was a definate and the video evidence proves that. The only thing is that the hit (depending on the angle it is viewed at) seems to not make as much contact as first thought.

I am honestly unsure, it was a very cryptic call as there were alot of details I was not privvy to know.

Hurriflatch

Referee
yes, but if the Appeals are a gulity or not gulity only

then Parra can argue that the charge is not a grade 2 reckless high tackle evne tho it made contact and say it should've been a grade 3 careless but it wasn't charged as that therefore the case should be thrown out.

Hellsy

Immortal
Like I said...I am honestly unsure.
Don't shoot the messenger I was just sharing info to you all that I had been privvy to.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hardly understand the Grading or point system and the ramifications behind it, however I do see that there might be a slight glimmer of hope when you consider the Fact that Fui was named at 20 for the weekend, that's all I know.

Hopefully we'll know more by lunch time Friday.