What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Steam Ahead On Ground Construction

Yadamish

Juniors
Just been down and had a look (as were a few others) and seeing as they have top dressed the area in front of the stand I imagine there is going to be grass and not concourse seating in front of the stand which is unbelievable. :x

Completing the concourse seating was a stated objective in the list outlined by Costello for what the money was to be used for when the money was granted so I wonder why it is not being done.

The others down there also could not understand no concourse seating plus the positioning of the scoreboard/screen. :crazy:

Anyone with inside info on why no concourse seating? :?

Quigs

Immortal
QUOTE: Anyone with inside info on why no concourse seating?

I was on the hotline to Big Baz about it and he said,

"Of course the concourse will be installed in due cause because its par for the course. You tell young Yadamish this is not a cause for concern within the club because we won't be sitting there cause we have better seats of course. If you set a course to the north and look up that is where we will be sitting.

And of course I had to concur with Big Baz re the concourse

Hope that clears the air

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Yadamish

Juniors
Some photos from today clearing showing the status in front of the stand taken from behind bay 14?

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg
[/img]

IMG_0211.jpg

From these you can see the corporate boxes haven't been started at the top of the stand. The photos from the road show some of the function rooms and entrances.

There is certainly plenty of room for concourse seating otherwise why build it so far back but going by the location of that footpath in the SW corner there is none going there.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
looks great. massive improvements. Screen is well placed for TV replays especially for afternoon games. Score is visible from all parts of the . The finish looks modern industrial which I like.

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
looks great. massive improvements. Screen is well placed for TV replays especially for afternoon games. Score is visible from all parts of the . The finish looks modern industrial which I like.
ha ha

luckily we dont have that many usually

Surely

Post Whore
Whats the seating capacity 70 odd, and please don't tell me this is 10mill.

coolumsharkie

Referee
1100 B.O.S I think I heard, some part of the 10 mill went to fixing up the ET stand or something also....:S

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
They probably will next time there are funds available.
Take off the 2 million for the screen, electrical(they charge a frikken fortune those bastards) elevator(probably a mil) there is not a whole lot left.
Seeing it costs around 250k now to build a basic house, I think the money has been spent in a timely & wise manner.
I look forward to the finished product in Sharks Colours.

Yadamish

Juniors
The money was supposed to cover the following upgrades, not just the new stand:

"The venue must provide equitable access and amenity for its patrons, comply with the Building Code of Australia and other statutory regulations and the upgrade will:

Deliver an equitable access facility through the provision of a new lift to the ET Stand, compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act for the equitable distribution of covered and concourse seating, new level path around the whole field of play and upgraded amenities.

Improve patron safety and security by installing additional fixed seating to complete the concourse seating around the field of play, creating more covered seats, creating new entry plazas to the east of west of the facility including new ticketing booths, secure entry points leading to new defined circulation paths, new PA system, public area lighting upgrades and a closed circuit TV system.

Environmental improvements to the west side of the facility by removing the old structures and establishing a riparian zone for the protected mangrove stormwater channel, shoring up the plaza area to stop erosion of the bank, creating one new access bridge from the western carpark to minimise intrusion through the mangroves, creation of a water reuse initiative to collect stormwater from the facilities for use in field irrigation, installation of a solar array on the grandstand roofs to assist in reducing energy consumption from non-renewable energy sources, to improve the family hill area to stop erosion of the bank into Woollooware Bay.

Community improvements to create a multi-function facility through the provision of community meeting and function rooms, additional parking facilities on the western side for use by venue hirers, Sutherland Shire Council for special event and beach overflow parking, and for major city event parking and bus shuttle.

Amenity improvements for the community through rebuilding the dilapidated southern end fronting Captain Cook Drive. "

Taken from the following Press Release

Peter Costello
Treasurer
11 March 1996 - 3 December 2007
Media Release of 21/04/2006
NO.024

coolumsharkie said:
Didn't they improve the corperate facilities and the players dressing rooms in that figure?
yep.
the refs room is gunna be the old gym, the sharks will be using the fitness first. they were going to be building a new gym and offices, and that may still happen in the future, but for the next few years they will have their own section and office across the way.
there is also other costs from last year, they had to put a new sub-station in, plus a couple of new,very big, switchboards, new mains cabling etc, plus the lights adds up to a helluva lot, as reefy said in his way, lol.

Ausguy

Coach
once again it will be better than what we had before... hopefully they do the concourse seating but who knows... im more concerned about our season being over before our first home game....

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
thank all the greenies & lefties for the wasted money on solar KRAP.
Greenies just love the idea of spending $1 million in order to save $500k. To them thats economic sensem because they know, that somebody other than them, will always pay for the short fall.

merkinS!