What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Steam Ahead On Ground Construction

McLovin

Staff member
So it's Toyota Stadium. Front (or back, whichever you prefer) looks a heck of a lot better than what we used to have...

Yadamish

Juniors
Hi All,

One week to go. Photos from yesterday and today at the fan day.

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

I love that shot from the north hill looking south, it kinda has that look of an english soccer ground, nice and rectangular. Needs concourse seating to make it look complete.

Yadamish

Juniors
They were in the process of putting it up late yesterday afternoon when I took the first lot of photos.

It should be further back, those reserve seats near on the south and west of it will have either limited or no view, the PB stand will have trouble seeing it. Is there going to be one on the other side ?

U.K SHARK

Juniors
It is certainly an improvement. Now all they need to do is get rid of the infernal power lines up the other end!

How much are the tickets for this stand?

McLovin

Staff member
They need some sort of heating at the ground. That, or more hot chocolate vans...

McLovin

Staff member
Family hill is gonna be chockers on gameday i recon. Now that the other side has payed seating...

Ausguy

Coach
Family hill is gonna be chockers on gameday i recon. Now that the other side has payed seating...

Now there is a good point.... im liking that idea. i swear when i was younger the hill was bigger.... anyway looking forward to it.

where are the opposition fans going to sit now the southern end has no room...

McLovin

Staff member
I say put them in front of the new stand. That way, we can throw things at them from higher ground...

Southern Shark

Juniors
I'm worried about the numerous speaker poles around the fence. Why not put the speakers on the front of the stands or on the transmission tower out of the way. Ever sat with a pole a metre infront or to the side of you such as in the old Sheridan Stand. Drives you crazy. What is the betting that they will be torn down by round 12 either by fans or management. Who needs sound at the footy.

90% will be doff doff music (handy for the Bulldogs Faithful) or more likely relentless Toyota advertising that will drive us mad.

If I wanted to be brainwashed I'd go and live in the Castle Hill Biblebelt and attend Hillsong each week.

They're not putting up all those speakers for nothing. Expect an absolute barrage of advertising next week.

Southern Shark

Juniors
On second thought it could be part of the multi purpose venue type setup.
Hire the venue out for Rock Concerts and other events.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm worried about the numerous speaker poles around the fence. Why not put the speakers on the front of the stands or on the transmission tower out of the way. Ever sat with a pole a metre infront or to the side of you such as in the old Sheridan Stand. Drives you crazy. What is the betting that they will be torn down by round 12 either by fans or management. Who needs sound at the footy.

90% will be doff doff music (handy for the Bulldogs Faithful) or more likely relentless Toyota advertising that will drive us mad.

If I wanted to be brainwashed I'd go and live in the Castle Hill Biblebelt and attend Hillsong each week.

They're not putting up all those speakers for nothing. Expect an absolute barrage of advertising next week.

I LOVED THE SHERIDAN STAND !!

And I am not Crazy

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

spider

Coach
they had as many speakers on the east/western sides previously

i couldn't give a toss if they did push advertising between the 2 halves

afterall - its the sponsors that fund the team to a large extent