What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Steam Ahead On Ground Construction

Yadamish

Juniors
The southern stand is not sold out. You can buy tickets there now through Ticketek. You could not buy them earlier because it was not definate that the stand would be ready for the game so they weren't being sold and hence were being shown as allocation exhausted. This is not the case now.

Quigs

Immortal
should be named the SSS

southern simmo stand

Don't be stupid Spide ..... there is only one name for that erection.

And I am quite prepared to be the one to cut the official pink ribbon on the

(wait for it.... wait for it)

THE PARIS PAVILLION.

But I reckon you'd do a De Groot on me Spide, and ride through on your trusty steed and slash the ribbon with a large shinning sword.

(youngens - do a google thingy on Jack Lang, DeGroot, Sydney Harbour Bridge)

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
ha ha

you would safe quigs - im pretty sure of it

Yes Spide you might be right. I've heard a strong whisper that you haven't mounted anything for years now.

On another note I reckon the club will eventually have to name something after Paris.

I believe it is only a matter of time that he will break the club record for the most first grade appearances with 329 starts.

Admittedly he would of only played rugby league in about 26 of em.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Ausguy

Coach
right.... got my tix... bay 42.... in the new stand to the west side of the stand so i can see the scoreboard.... anyone else sitting up there? il take some pics if ya like....i wont be sitting there everyweek but thought i would considering its gonna rain.

Thursday, 17 April 2008 Grand stand for first home game
By Brad Forrest
space.gif

viewimages

Pride of place: The new southern stand at Toyota Stadium. Picture: Chris Lane

A THIRD grandstand, new lighting, new spectator turnstiles, new dressing rooms, new refreshment areas.

These are some of the improvements which will go on show when Toyota Stadium hosts the Sharks' first home game of the season against Penrith at 7.30pm on Saturday. Both teams will play in their "retro" jerseys.

The new southern grandstand, which seats 1200 spectators and corporate boxes, is where a lot of the $9.6 million Federal Government money has gone. Underneath, a huge function area can cater for nearly 400. But big money has also been spent on the new lighting (15 light towers) around the ground and much bigger entrances.

Even the Andrew Ettingshausen Stand has had a facelift, with new television and radio facilities, refurbished sponsor boxes and a lift.

Sharks and opposing teams find bigger and better dressing rooms, including hot and cold baths, with the Sharks getting their own floor in the nearby Fitness First gymnasium.

http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/printerFriendlyPage.asp?story_id=1225767

Oh sh*t, I almost lol'd.

While on turnstiles, I heard that the club has outsourced that role rather than use their own casuals. It seems a few too many were allowed in on a wink.