What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullback of the year

Fullback of the year

• Billy Slater

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Anthony Minichello

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Brett Stewart

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Matt Bowen

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Wade McKinnon

Votes: 19 18.3%

• Total voters

Phillips

Referee
Brett Hodgson, followed by McKinnon (who has been in great form over the last couple of weeks)

Peachey has also impressed me, too bad he's heading to the UK next season, i would have liked a club like Souths to sign him...

Matt Bowen also deserves a mention

smeghead

Bench
For the entire season weighing it up it would be between Hodgo, McKinnon & Slater. But lets not kid ourselves. The beak will win fullback of the year. Hell he could be an amputee and still win. How silly would it look having the current Australian fullback not winning fullback of the year. It would be accurate but not in line with the picture they want to portray

Sun_Down

Juniors
This poll is stupid, those 5, were chosen in your opinion, so whats the point if people can only vote on an opinion of 5 fullbacks?

Boing Boing

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
One of the best if not the best defensive fullback in the comp, would be in the top 2 for support play, averages 151 metres a match (176 for his last 5 games), 12 linebreaks in 9 games, safe under the high ball and he only just makes the top 8? Must be a pretty star-studded 8 then because what he's doing for us is outstanding.

Mate, you are full of it. Clinton Schifcoske is without a doubt the best defensive FB in the comp.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
One of the best if not the best defensive fullback in the comp, would be in the top 2 for support play, averages 151 metres a match (176 for his last 5 games), 12 linebreaks in 9 games, safe under the high ball and he only just makes the top 8? Must be a pretty star-studded 8 then because what he's doing for us is outstanding.
the nrl is blessed with an abundance of talented fullbacks. other fullbacks has as impressive stats, some better. broaden your view, theres more than 1 team in the comp.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
Phillips said:
Brett Hodgson, followed by McKinnon (who has been in great form over the last couple of weeks)

Peachey has also impressed me, too bad he's heading to the UK next season, i would have liked a club like Souths to sign him...

Matt Bowen also deserves a mention

a parra fan also?

Azkatro

First Grade
Minichiello is a comfortable leader in this category, he was under a rare injury cloud early but bounced straight back to 100% form. Always dangerous and always safe at the back for the Roosters, NSW and Australia.

Next depends on what you like in a fullback. You can nominate playmaking fullbacks (Bowen, Hornby), attacking machines (Slater, Wesser) or defensive custodians (Hodgson, Schifcofske).

For what he's picked for, my next vote would be for Bowen.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
hodgson has shown up minichello for the 2nd time in a row this yr yesterday
he is without doubt in my mind the best fullback out there.
minichello is 2nd and schifcofske is the third
these guys are all round players. guys like bowen and stewart have way too many faults , despite the obvious they can run the ball.
peachey is right up there, hes form is brilliant. looks dangerous everytime he touches it

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Patten or Peach....but they aint there, so i'd say Hodgo....dammit, he aint there either.....Minichello

Poida_Raider

Bench
should probably have a poll with a fullback from each club, and people from one club cant vote for their own fullback.. its the only way it could turn out remotely kinda half accurate. but it wont happen, and i dont really care.

anyone who doesnt rate mckinnon either
a) doesnt watch enough footy
b) cant make a proper judgement on their own without massive media-hyped up bs making a player high profile.

there are a lot of unsung heros out there.

ParraDude_Jay said:

plus holds the record in the NRL for most meters ever gained in a single game. and achieved that in a losing team.

so whoever laughed @ a poll with mckinnon in it.... :?

White Poiner

Coach
go for hodgson, but you have missed out on a lot of good ones, Slater dosent even have a chance he cant tackle, pass, kick. All the f**k he can do is run really fast.
If you want that in a team.

Get some super glue and buy matty rieck, he would carve it up if he could f**kin hold on to the ball.

Latest posts