What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullback Recruitment Hit-List

Talanexor

Juniors
A lousy fullback in defence?!
Mmmm right.

Stoked that Gallant was signed though, maybe recruitment is listening after all?

And there is no way Bowen would be released, his value to the team far outweighs the time he has spent on the sideline.

Sorry, I should have clarified that a bit more. Bowen's tackling is excellent; it's all the other things he does without ball in hand that let him down a bit. Kick returns are really important for ANY fullback and he's been caught slightly out of position a couple of times too.

Hunt and Slater are involved in the attack very heavily at their respective clubs, both as ball players and ball runners. And yet they still make an extra 10-20m per kick return than Bowen does. I don't get the whole 'keeping him fresh' argument, especially with BJ at the club.

StinkyPete

Juniors
1.Gallant 2.J Williams 3.Tupou/Burns 4.Tonga 5.Malone 6.Bowen 7. Thurston

if i see some version of this next season i can die content.

Noa

First Grade
Man, I need to start watching lower grades.

Who's this guy you're talking about Noa?

Star FB for St. Brendans college, Yeppoon and player of the tournament at the recent Oz schoolboy championships. Supposedly has amazing speed.

Storm Bound :D.

Shorty

Staff member
Sorry, I should have clarified that a bit more. Bowen's tackling is excellent; it's all the other things he does without ball in hand that let him down a bit. Kick returns are really important for ANY fullback and he's been caught slightly out of position a couple of times too.

Hunt and Slater are involved in the attack very heavily at their respective clubs, both as ball players and ball runners. And yet they still make an extra 10-20m per kick return than Bowen does. I don't get the whole 'keeping him fresh' argument, especially with BJ at the club.
Yes but Slater does extremely risky plays that sometimes cost his club points, he can also be terrible at rushing in.
Hunt does well at support and running the ball back but has f**k all creativity.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a fullback that fills out all of the requirements extensively.
Bowen doesn't and won't ever run the ball back hard enough, but who cares really? It didn't stop the Cows in 04,05 and 07.

Let's see how Gallant goes next year before ousting one of the best Cowboys players ever out of his strongest position.
If something's not broken, it doesn't need fixing.

I was one of the vocal Watts supporters, but Payne was sorely missed and now understand that Watts is probably best off the bench for impact or playing a 5/8 role.

yappy

Bench
Gallant is gold. The last Magpie junior that couldn't get a go at Wests Tigers and found an NRL home was a dude called Ray Cashmere, you might remember him. Razor is a great guy and player - but Shannon is better. He'll give you 100%.