What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furner should step down immediately...

TimW05

Juniors
we have lost 4 in a row now...

we have a full strength team (or close enough) and will probably lose 5 if not 6 in a row again...

furners hopeless.. theres no ifs or buts about it..

he had potential as a great coach last year.. now he has nothing

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think that was the last straw for everybody.

Even the so-called "posos" have had enough.

We looked absolutely coachless today. If there was a game plan I can't see any evidence of it.

My choice is Ricky Stuart. Not everyone's favourite person but I rate him as a coach.

I think Ricky has done a tremendous job with a team that can't afford to use the entire cap.

The Sharks may not be world beaters but he can get them to slug their guts out for him and the players respect him. Unfortunately I can't say either about Furner.

We have a very talented squad and IMO, with the right coach, should be pushing for a top 4 spot.

This season is an absolute shambles. I've followed the Raiders since 82 and I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in the team.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mogg, number 7.

The guy can play, but number 7?

The green machine deserve better.

skeepe

Immortal
I've stood up for Furner more than most, but today was diabolical. The players are doing all the right things except scoring, and that's 100% a coaching issue. In the past I haven't joined the anti-Furner brigade because a lot of the problems weren't his fault, particularly the woeful ball security at the start of the season.

I was optimistic at the start of the season because Furner has a lot of potential as a coach, and hegir some great results last year, but he's been in the job long enough that he needs to show more than just potential.

If the Raiders don't improve for the rest of the season, then I sincerely hope we start 2011 with a new, more experienced coach.

I think that was the last straw for everybody.

Even the so-called "posos" have had enough.

We looked absolutely coachless today. If there was a game plan I can't see any evidence of it.

My choice is Ricky Stuart. Not everyone's favourite person but I rate him as a coach.

I think Ricky has done a tremendous job with a team that can't afford to use the entire cap.

The Sharks may not be world beaters but he can get them to slug their guts out for him and the players respect him. Unfortunately I can't say either about Furner.

We have a very talented squad and IMO, with the right coach, should be pushing for a top 4 spot.

This season is an absolute shambles. I've followed the Raiders since 82 and I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in the team.

I dont think Ricky would be the absolute answer.

he has some talented players at the Sharks and he is struggling.

Timbo

Staff member
Graham Murray, Steve Folkes, Ricky Stuart, etc...

I don't care who, but someone who knows what they're doing has to take over.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Yeah i'll join the bandwagon aswell, things need to change immediately.

Ricky Stuart was the best halfback this club ever had, surely he would be able to turn our halves into something more respectable, even Graham Murray would be a good choice.

Cryptic

Juniors
Sorry Dave... The "Captain" has to go down with the ship...

As for Ricky... NO

Get Hagan...

Im lucky I was cookin dinner for most of that 2nd half and didn't have to directly watch that crap.

It's not going to be easy to get of the Furners. We should all put our money together, buy the Raiders and oust them.

Im lucky I was cookin dinner for most of that 2nd half and didn't have to directly watch that crap.

It's not going to be easy to get of the Furners. We should all put our money together, buy the Raiders and oust them.

I'm not even a Raiders fan but ill be on this bandwagon. And yeah you guys need to get a coach, Stuart and Henry will be the best bet

From Rothfield's (yes i know he's an idiot who's wrong most of the time, but make of this what you will) blog:

What has been Ricky Stuart’s role in all this? If he is Ferguson’s mentor and he has the Sharks’ best interests at heart, surely he could have talked the kid into staying.
Or, dare I say it, does Ricky want the the Sharks to fail after he goes?
GUS BLANCH
gus blanch of paddo (Reply)
Mon 05 Jul 10 (08:18am)

Geez, that’s a tough question to answer. When Ricky walked in and asked for a release about six week ago, I said at the time he should have negotiated a release straight away. Ricky is like a father to the young winger and of course he could have kept him at the club. I know that when Shane Flanaghan fronted the kid last week, he told him he’d been talking to Ricky about the decision. There is mail Ferguson is going to the Raiders which has now created all this speculation that Ricky will be going home to coach the Raiders. I don’t know what the story is there but I can tell you that Ricky is extremely close to John McIntyre. But how is the CEO Don Furner going to sack his brother David and keep family peace. I can also tell you Don and Ricky have a 20-year friendshipn so you never know what might happen.
Phil Rothfield
Mon 05 Jul 10 (08:29am)

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg.../comments/sharks_must_sack_disloyal_ferguson/

Last edited:
No.

And as good as Blake Ferguson is, if our next signing is anyone but a halfback this club is bloody well kidding itself.

I reckon the club would sign anyone half decent who would be willing to come here at any price regardless of whether we have a need in that position. At least they could then say look we're doing something to strengthen the team, and that might serve to deflect some of the pressure on the coach.

Latest posts