What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furners Job Safe

Cryptic

Juniors
I've been saying all year give the guy a break... Not much more to add over what some have already said except this, it could be worse, we could be the Titans (I might add their coach also isn't going anywhere and their seasons went from top 4 to wooden spoon).

Edit - Found some interesting stats, it shows that our best players in attack aren't being supported enough in defence... Although on the plus side you sorta expect your smallest players on the park to miss the most tackles (not to meantion they are generally the only ones mid field who are out there for the entire game, minus Fensom):

Stats Leaders
Top tryscorer – Blake Ferguson (12)
Top tackler – Shaun Fensom (902 & 47.5 per game)
Most missed tackles – Josh McCrone (60) & Sam Williams (3.8 per game)
Top line breaks – Josh McCrone (9)
Top offloads – Shaun Fensom (29)
Penalties conceded – Shaun Fensom (17)
Top try assists – Josh McCrone (14)
Most metres – Blake Ferguson (2631 & 138.5 per game)
Tackle busts – Blake Ferguson (83)
Errors made – Blake Ferguson (36)
* All statistics are current as of the completion of Round 20, 2011.

Last edited:

matt

Juniors
Couldnt agree more

That's about it isn't really, Biles a solid type of bloke IMO.

We could be like one of those other clubs that ditch the coach,whinge,get new coach,whinge,ditch the coach whinge, ring talkback radio,whinge and cry, REPEAT.

f**k that circus off.

UNITY.

supera

Juniors
that furner won't come under pressure is unfathomable for mine.

it isn't about the results per se - the issue for me was the complete lack of ideas when our season was slipping away. there should be a review to ask why orford wasn't subject to a comprehensive medical, and why he was still picked long after it was apparent that he took away from our cohesiveness; why we got hammered by Melbourne and made one late change the next week; why tongue was continuously picked at hooker when there were better options.

we as fans deserve a bit better than "it's all fine, it was the injuries" I reckon. it was more than injuries. our coaching staff didn't have the creativity or the tactical nous to turn it around. just kick it to ferguson...

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Cryptic - You can't compare us to the Titans, they have been playing awsome the past couple of season, very consistant team prior to this year. We've been rubbish for numerous years now.

Supera - Couldn't agree more

Absolute shenanigans going on here, how does a team of our calibre get BELTED by the knights... there is no way you can blame Campo not being there... there are bigger issues going on someone needs to start taking some accountability.

legend

Coach
Furner would have to have the lowest winning % of any coach with at least 50 games under his belt wouldn't he?

legend

Coach
At least Henry has his side on track for a top four finish this year.

Does anyone have the % for NRL coaches. Furner must be 40% or lower.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
i know furner is on 41%, elliot had 47% and Henry had 45%... but i think it is clear Furner has the most talented and more matured squads...

shear_joy9

Coach
Don Furner 58/152 = 38.2%
Wayne Bennett 17/28 = 60.7%
Tim Sheens 148/219 = 67.6%
Mal Meninga 66/125 = 52.8%
Matt Elliot 59/125 = 47.2%
Neil Henry 22/49 = 44.9%
David Furner 29/71 = 40.8%

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
Given the crap we gave Mal, he did pretty well considering the guys that followed him.

legend

Coach
That is a pathetic record, only bettered by his old man, but he has an excuse, building a team from scratch.

Dave Furner has no such excuses. He has a talented roster with a host of rep level players.

Cryptic

Juniors
A host of rep level players, sitting on a bench recovering from injury... Again if you MUST blame someone (appart from the players apparantly) then blame the training staff... something they are doing isn't getting the players in the right physical or mental frame of mind...

legend

Coach
Furner oversees the training staff as well so the buck stops with him.

a coach takes ont he role knowing full well he takes responsibility when the team succeeds or fails.

Yes, the players have to play the game but we use a poorly thought out and then poorly executed game plan. For that, Furner is responsible.

I don't know many coaches who can survive three years in the top job with such a poor winning % at one club.

It's nepotism pure and simple.

sydraider

First Grade
You pro furner lot can polish your turd all you like. Facts are this is the most embarrassing game I've ever had the misery of watching, we are losing to the spoon favourites who could barely find 17 players to take the field, there's no excuse for this its f**kn disgusting. We deserve the spoon on this game alone. f**kn disgraceful and here's me thinking the retirement of a club legend might spur them on for a win, clearly this go - lo coach was busy with something else this week

Latest posts