What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

MugaB

Coach
I reckon we will end up at the SFS. Higher usage would have definitely been in the business case for the stadium.

If the NRL are smart (big if), they will schedule the draw so we play there on alternate weeks so theres an NRL game at the stadium every week.
Thats exactly what i said, before all the chook fans here started harping on about having to share a world class stadium...
Selffish assbandits...
I also said if the bears ever were to return at some point, you could effectively have the roosters and rabbits full time along with 6 bears home matches, and also 6 Dragon (6 at WIN home games all year round

siv

First Grade
Where has the old SFS 2000 gold members car park gone now they want to put tennis courts in its place

Which I am totally against this stupid tennis court proposal, should be a better spot for thus rather than in critical stadium surrounds

Iamback

Coach
Now with the talk of the Penrith development being not on the site of where the ground is now, is it because they worked out they had to keep a hill at one end because of the piping running underneath on its current site and they want an all seater stadium ?

Correct.
When the Hill was done. The plan was to put a stand on the South end but piping stopped it

Quidgybo

Bench
It’s almost like there is no stadiums master plan
Presumably some of these decisions are being dictated by longer term master plans. We know that the northern beaches motorway will end somewhere around Brookvale and any future Metro branch will probably tunnel past the ground. We also know that the government is building a third CBD at Bradfield over the next 20 years, which includes zoning for parklands and recreation facilities adjacent to the the CBD, high capacity public transport infrastructure etc etc. As such we can assume they don’t also want to fund major stadiums at Campbelltown or Liverpool.

Thats exactly what i said, before all the chook fans here started harping on about having to share a world class stadium...
Selffish assbandits...
I also said if the bears ever were to return at some point, you could effectively have the roosters and rabbits full time along with 6 bears home matches, and also 6 Dragon (6 at WIN home games all year round
Who are these chook fans, Mugs?

Colk

First Grade
Presumably some of these decisions are being dictated by longer term master plans. We know that the northern beaches motorway will end somewhere around Brookvale and any future Metro branch will probably tunnel past the ground. We also know that the government is building a third CBD at Bradfield over the next 20 years, which includes zoning for parklands and recreation facilities adjacent to the the CBD, high capacity public transport infrastructure etc etc. As such we can assume they don’t also want to fund major stadiums at Campbelltown or Liverpool.

Comsidering the development at Bradfield, would there be any considerations to build a stadium there?

Valheru

Coach
I reckon we will end up at the SFS. Higher usage would have definitely been in the business case for the stadium.

If the NRL are smart (big if), they will schedule the draw so we play there on alternate weeks so theres an NRL game at the stadium every week.
With the Waratahs playing roughly February through to July and Sydney FC October through May there will be weekly content there the majority of the footy season anyways but yes NRL weekly would be great.

I've said to before but reciprocal rights are a MUST IMO between roosters and souths, make the 2 matches every year an event. I would also have Dragons play 4 games there a year and even Manly but I don't think their fans are too keen.

Wb1234

Immortal
What? It’s 700m from Belmore Station. About a five minute walk.

Campbelltown is in no way or shape ‘much better’ than Belmore. They’re both decent NSW Cup venues at this point. And there’s plenty of merit in exploring how much an upgrade would cost. As the main stand received a pretty substantial renovation not that long ago to become the Dogs training hub, it’s not in as bad shape as you suggest.

Where has the old SFS 2000 gold members car park gone now they want to put tennis courts in its place

Which I am totally against this stupid tennis court proposal, should be a better spot for thus rather than in critical stadium surrounds
think it’s underground beneath where the old one was but not sure

Perth Red

Post Whore
Peter V'landys has guaranteed another fight with the New South Wales state government unless promised upgrades to suburban grounds goes ahead sooner rather than later.

The boss of the ARLC met with premier Dominic Perrottet last week to thrash out an agreement to keep the grand final in Sydney, with money originally allocated to the upgrade of Accor Stadium now distributed elsewhere.

PointsBet Stadium, 4 Pines Park and Leichhardt Oval will be the beneficiaries, along with the previously announced rebuild of BlueBet Stadium.

"What it will mean is they will spend money on public facilities, it's must-haves, like toilets and food and beverage (outlets) and cover, so people don't get wet," the ARLC boss said.

Colk

First Grade
Peter V'landys has guaranteed another fight with the New South Wales state government unless promised upgrades to suburban grounds goes ahead sooner rather than later.

The boss of the ARLC met with premier Dominic Perrottet last week to thrash out an agreement to keep the grand final in Sydney, with money originally allocated to the upgrade of Accor Stadium now distributed elsewhere.

PointsBet Stadium, 4 Pines Park and Leichhardt Oval will be the beneficiaries, along with the previously announced rebuild of BlueBet Stadium.

"What it will mean is they will spend money on public facilities, it's must-haves, like toilets and food and beverage (outlets) and cover, so people don't get wet," the ARLC boss said.

I’n still shaking my head about Leichhardt. Have the Tigers requested this to happen (I am assuming so)? If they have, they are the dumbest club in existence and should be relocated outside of Sydney if they aren’t willing to help themselves by targeting the booming south west region

All hail King Peter .
He gets shit done .
Which is a far different result than the useless meek turds we had in charge previously .

Marlins

Juniors
I don’t understand all the hooray over LO getting abit of love. $60 million will go along way there in just bringing the ground up to scratch. The Tigpies aren’t the only club that play there either. It will benefit all grades of football. Plus $60M won’t take up a huge chunk either.

It will be interesting to see what size Stadium Penrith will end up with and how much money gets put towards it. 25k/30k seats is probably what they’re looking at, which will cost anywhere between 250M/350M. Roughly adding up that’s 310M/410M spent on Penrith & LO which would leave around $390M/$490M for the other two. For argument’s sake I’ll split it and that leaves $440M for Shark Park & Brooky.

There’s been money already spent in Brooky recently, so i don’t know how much they’ll need, and what capacity they’re going for. 18k/22k I’d imagine. So realistically they’ll only need
$160M/$200M. Which would leave Shark Park with over $200M.

If this ends up being the case I think it’s a superb effort by The NRL and NSW Gov.

we will end up with 4 fantastic grounds (or 3 if you exclude LO) with the right size capacities.

A million times better outcome then wasting it on a refurb of Homebush. Homebush no doubt within the next 20 years will be demolished and rebuilt anyways. It probably wouldn’t have had any chance if the refurb went ahead, and these clubs would’ve been left with dismissal stadiums for the foreseeable future. The Dogs do miss out but their time will come. Huge positives if we get something like this.

ground zero

Juniors
I don’t understand all the hooray over LO getting abit of love. $60 million will go along way there in just bringing the ground up to scratch. The Tigpies aren’t the only club that play there either. It will benefit all grades of football. Plus $60M won’t take up a huge chunk either.

It will be interesting to see what size Stadium Penrith will end up with and how much money gets put towards it. 25k/30k seats is probably what they’re looking at, which will cost anywhere between 250M/350M. Roughly adding up that’s 310M/410M spent on Penrith & LO which would leave around $390M/$490M for the other two. For argument’s sake I’ll split it and that leaves $440M for Shark Park & Brooky.

There’s been money already spent in Brooky recently, so i don’t know how much they’ll need, and what capacity they’re going for. 18k/22k I’d imagine. So realistically they’ll only need
$160M/$200M. Which would leave Shark Park with over $200M.

If this ends up being the case I think it’s a superb effort by The NRL and NSW Gov.

we will end up with 4 fantastic grounds (or 3 if you exclude LO) with the right size capacities.

A million times better outcome then wasting it on a refurb of Homebush. Homebush no doubt within the next 20 years will be demolished and rebuilt anyways. It probably wouldn’t have had any chance if the refurb went ahead, and these clubs would’ve been left with dismissal stadiums for the foreseeable future. The Dogs do miss out but their time will come. Huge positives if we get something like this.
if SHARKS get 200 million for a privately owned ground off taxpayers money. Some politicians will go to jail.

Marlins

Juniors
Th
if SHARKS get 200 million for a privately owned ground off taxpayers money. Some politicians will go to jail.
Thats the part I don’t understand. Maybe the sharks are giving the land back to the Gov for the stadium? Maybe Cronulla will have to pay it back? I don’t know.

Latest posts