What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wb1234

Immortal
Looking at this pic a lot of money and probably cheaper to build a new one tbh,
It looks hemmed in at both ends so no decent sized stands there, obviously needs a new corporate main stand and then the existing big stand looks like it needs a lot of work and maybe the pitch moving to bring it much closer.
View attachment 61144
There’s a massive park next door to the ground they can build it there if the train line is a issue

Perth Red

Post Whore
There’s a massive park next door to the ground they can build it there if the train line is a issue
Thats also got houses running along 2 sides of it, you'd never get it through planning building big stands that towered over them.

Wow all safe Liberal seats getting all the stadium upgrades. talk about corruption at its best. Gladbags resigned under icac investigations for rorts to Wagga Wagga. explain taxpayer money going to BROOKVALE privately owned club by millionaires. Shark park privately owned land gifted taxpayer money. Icac come an investigate the sports rort off the liberal party. ESPECIALLY the Sports Minister.

Nah get ICAC to investigate how the Labor Party can nominate someone to run for PM who knows no detail of the parties policies or basic economic knowledge. But I bet you’ll still vote for that clown Albo.

beave

Coach
The station is actually campsie which isn’t that close

it’s nowhere near kogarah or Campbelltown either.

it would probably need 200 million to be decent minimum

Campsie?? Have a look again at the station closer to the west...

Perth Red

Post Whore
I guess if you reorientated it and took up the park and current space you could build a proper stadium without impeding the housing, but that means the community losing a lot of green space and we know how much they love that, especially to see it replaced with a stadium drawing 20k plus people to it every other weekend!

Wb1234

Immortal
I guess if you reorientated it and took up the park and current space you could build a proper stadium without impeding the housing, but that means the community losing a lot of green space and we know how much they love that, especially to see it replaced with a stadium drawing 20k plus people to it every other weekend!
Yeh that was what I was getting at

knock down belmore and move the ground footprint 10 m towards the Peter Moore reserve

the only problem with belmore is the train line runs too close to be able to do much at that end

the hill area is absolutely massive.

im sure if Gus stays there they will get a new ground eventually with his connections

dogs won’t be left out

if ray dib was still their boss no way he would’ve allowed the dogs not to benefit from the stadium upgrades

they were one of the three of four clubs part of the Sydney mafia who the arlc are afraid of lol

horrie hastings

First Grade

Belmore Station is a lot closer to the ground than Campsie Station, the times i have got the train to Belmore Oval i have got off at Belmore Station and its about a 5 minute walk.

Edit, just noticed Valheru has mentioned it and Beave also.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Now with the talk of the Penrith development being not on the site of where the ground is now, is it because they worked out they had to keep a hill at one end because of the piping running underneath on its current site and they want an all seater stadium ?

Wb1234

Immortal
Belmore Station is a lot closer to the ground than Campsie Station, the times i have got the train to Belmore Oval i have got off at Belmore Station and its about a 5 minute walk.

Edit, just noticed Valheru has mentioned it and Beave also.
I just realised how close belmore oval is to the leagues club and station. They really should move back there

I’ve always thought the ground was far away from the leagues club

Now with the talk of the Penrith development being not on the site of where the ground is now, is it because they worked out they had to keep a hill at one end because of the piping running underneath on its current site and they want an all seater stadium ?
its not a bad outcome if this happens tbh , it means the panthers stay where they are til the new venue is built & not have to relocate to parramatta for 2 years

wazdog

Juniors
Thought it was interesting on NRL360 last night that the two merkins on the panel who work for the rag thought it was a nothing story. They say Easts were pointing out Souths are playing both stadia of one another to get a better deal. Smart play by Souths, if true.

I reckon we will end up at the SFS. Higher usage would have definitely been in the business case for the stadium.

If the NRL are smart (big if), they will schedule the draw so we play there on alternate weeks so theres an NRL game at the stadium every week.

Timbo

Staff member

it’s nowhere near kogarah or Campbelltown either.

it would probably need 200 million to be decent minimum

What? It’s 700m from Belmore Station. About a five minute walk.

Campbelltown is in no way or shape ‘much better’ than Belmore. They’re both decent NSW Cup venues at this point. And there’s plenty of merit in exploring how much an upgrade would cost. As the main stand received a pretty substantial renovation not that long ago to become the Dogs training hub, it’s not in as bad shape as you suggest.

Latest posts