What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Iamback

Coach
Oh FFS
where did the " safety " report say we needed a 45K seat stadium that based on the old one would be filled about 5 times in 10 years ?
A parramatta stadium sized venue of 30K & 500 million dollars saved would have sufficed

like I said
seems govts don't care about how many times it'll be filled against the cost

30k is too small for RU tests, Socceroo games etc

Iamback

Coach
oh I see
then maybe they play at accor 🙄 🤣

yes cause 40k looks great there... It is hard to judge fully because of Covid halting stuff but 2 soccer games drew between 35 and 40k at Accor.

England v Wallabies is at SCG because Commbank is too small.
There is 3 events straight away that are suited in the new venue.
ANZAC game drew 30k at SCG another one that is perfect for SFS especially with the march earlier that day

We are getting 3 brand new stadiums here. Updates to others

Spending $84m on basic updates and maintenance of Accor
Now spending $5m on looking into a roof for Accor and still isn't good enough?

Last edited:

gerg

Juniors
I see the RA has Accor Stadium a distant 3rd behind the MCG & Optus oval as the preferred venue for the 2027 RWC final at this stage.

Hmmmm, are they serious or is it just a ploy to get something done ?
will just a roof seal the deal ?
I'd doubt the NSW govt would do anymore then that tbh , but I suppose if they re visited the 800 million " rectangularisation " bringing up the 2 ends & squaring the venue off .. that'd be a good thing.
Hell if they did both the roof & the ends we'd have a half decent venue with 60K of the 75K seats in pretty good positions. Only the top tiers past about half way up on the western & eastern sides still utter crap

Probably more to do with getting a good crowd. They know their product is shit so who is going to fork out $250+ for a ticket to a boring game. Victorians... who are so insecure about their little 'sporting capital of Australia' tag.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Probably more to do with getting a good crowd. They know their product is shit so who is going to fork out $250+ for a ticket to a boring game. Victorians... who are so insecure about their little 'sporting capital of Australia' tag.
Actually, us Victorians are very secure about out 'Sporting Capital of Australia' tag.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Actually, us Victorians are very secure about out 'Sporting Capital of Australia' tag.
And quite rightly so. Sydney has a bridge and nice concert hall. Melbourne has sport. Perth has sun and beaches. Adelaide has wine and serial killers. Everywhere has something lol

Wb1234

Referee
Again , maybe

but if nothing is done with accor , then the MCG will not only host any game , it'll be the final & where the semi's are played will have no influence about it.
Melbourne are no chance

zilch

union needs to try and get back popularity in nsw and they will use the World Cup to try that

playing it in Melbourne will leave minimal legacy the sport is dead there

yes cause 40k looks great there... It is hard to judge fully because of Covid halting stuff but 2 soccer games drew between 35 and 40k at Accor.

England v Wallabies is at SCG because Commbank is too small.
There is 3 events straight away that are suited in the new venue.
ANZAC game drew 30k at SCG another one that is perfect for SFS especially with the march earlier that day

Spending $84m on basic updates and maintenance of Accor
Now spending $5m on looking into a roof for Accor and still isn't good enough?
Tough for soccer & yawnion .. they play at Accor
allianz is an indulgence in its present state , & the extra funds ( plus some more ) that were spent on it , could have gone to making accor half decent & maybe soccer & yawnion could have got a lot more then 40K to their bigger games & RA wouldn't be threatening to play its world cup final elsewhere... but... here we are

Melbourne are no chance

zilch

union needs to try and get back popularity in nsw and they will use the World Cup to try that

playing it in Melbourne will leave minimal legacy the sport is dead there
Legacies & popularity have nothing to do with it
RA have publicly said accor is 3rd .. gone on the record.
If the govt doesn't do something to get that venue into first ... the final is gone

RA won't be publicly humiliated by nothing tangible happening & then still hosting the final at that dog of a venue ..accor

Wb1234

Referee
Legacies & popularity have nothing to do with it
RA have publicly said accor is 3rd .. gone on the record.
If the govt doesn't do something to get that venue into first ... the final is gone

RA won't be publicly humiliated by nothing tangible happening & then still hosting the final at that dog of a venue ..accor
That’s not how you spell mcg

yobbo84

First Grade
Only for roosters members.

Goes on sale to public today.
Also Rabbitohs members yesterday. Though tickets were $50 and only behind the posts. I'm not paying $200+ to sit behind the posts for a regular season game. I'll wait for 2023 I think.

Valheru

Coach
Also Rabbitohs members yesterday. Though tickets were $50 and only behind the posts. I'm not paying $200+ to sit behind the posts for a regular season game. I'll wait for 2023 I think.
It's free for roosters members being our home game.

A perfect example of why reciprocal rights should be offered in this fixture from next year a

Is the parra light rail announced in budget going to help transport to Commbank?
The Stage 1 light rail already under construction has a stop near Commbank (Prince Alfred Square, about 400 metres). The Stage 2 extension will increase the catchment of the light rail system to include suburbs between Camellia and Sydney Olympic Park.

ive said it before...

why don't they knock down the hill at Mt smart & build a stand there , an open one
( cheaper) like the other end or one with a roof like the one facing the camera.
All that space is wasted. The capacity of the venue then goes up to 32 to 35K then.
Would be a cracking little venue too