What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
nothing to do with accor tho , just the event.
put that event on at the MCG & they turn up anyway , like origin & a potential GF because the ground has a rep & no one cares about the experience

meaning the NRL won't either
You quite often make valid points but this one lost me. Que?

taste2taste

Juniors

Fitzstupid is happy
The last 2 weeks have been a dream come true for Fitzy, so much to write about, pride jersey and now stadium funding being cut.

I'll be interested to see what he says on sports Sunday tomorrow after the stand collapsing, wouldn't it have been ironic if he was in the crowd and fell flat on his face:D

Maximus

Coach
are you suggesting there hasn't been 8 games of sooker played on ovals in australia dumbarse ?

Not in 2022 like you claimed. You claimed that mcg got 4 games and optus got 4 games and accor got 1 and that was somehow proof that accor is shit.

one sooker game moron a month earlier that wasn't part of that series
the MCG got four of them
acor zip

anything else i can help you with ?

And optus OVAL in perth got another 4

so much for accor being the premier rectangle sports venue in Aust eh

Colk

First Grade
How hard is it to get a new stand for probably the most used rectangular ground in Sydney?! 500k barilaro was to get should be redirected there

The fact that it is the most used is pretty disgraceful. Seriously should only be used for NSW Cup

MugaB

Coach
what a shthole, joke that’s considered acceptable for nrl.
Sorry perth pal, but whens the last time you've been there? Its as iconic to the tigers fans as the scg is to the dragons, roosters, as is bear park to bear fans, i remember all of my junior finals played at Liechardt oval, and its used for a reason, its a shame that the govt only care about the top end of the entertainment competition and don't give too hoots to the suburban stadiums that get the juniors to the colleseums they've built just for the TV teams.
Its not a knock on the NRL clubs, but on the NSWgovt to build these fields for everyone in Sydney not just for the top end...
@TheRam is right they (the nsw govt) got the money, they are too cheap to spend it, and now event centres like Liechardt oval that are centrally located for all codes being Soccer, RU, or RL are using a rundown version of what it once was, whilst the SFS was being built, Ieichardt and kogarah was being used for Sydney FC, these ovals serve a purpose, regardless which NRL club is attached to them... govts are stupid to think junior rep football is going to be played at homebush, commbank or SFS ...and so this happens

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee

I know it’s weedler but interesting nonetheless

the government was thinking about breaking its promise then the straw that broke the camels back was the arlc buying the gambaro hotel