What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

TheRam

Coach
I think we are talking about roughly the same thing but coming from it differently

I agree with the idea of a state bank and we used to have a state bank. I believe it was taken over by Westpac. I also agree that state governments have been awful (so has the federal government) with selling off public assets.

Nevertheless the states would still technically be constrained because a) they would still have to issue the federal reserve currency, the Australian dollar and b) there are reserve limits. For the total amount that a bank loans out that they have a limit or reserve in case the proverbial hits the fan. Although that hasn’t stopped it (the proverbial hitting the fan) happening on multiple occasions.

All in all, I agree that if people actually knew that their tax dollars weren’t supplying the federal government with money to spend but more to the point indirectly helping already rich people with their investments, it would be utter chaos. Nobody would work and I wouldn’t blame them.

Look I appreciate your thoughts and you are correct in some of your points especially the last paragraph, but it is so much worse then what you or many others think. Much simpler to fix too. If you could wave a magic wand and fix the economical system of any country or the world for that matter, you could literally turn everything around within a month and economies would start to function and thrive within a the year as they were intended to.

But we will never get there, because that is not the plan. As for States having restraints, yeah sure, I am not advocating they issue their own currency, but like I said, to big a topic for here and this is not the place for it. But State governments can be so profitable that they can easily run surpluses and build infrastructure programs without any problems raising capital at all, if they simply setup a proper State Bank and built up their asset portfolio as they should if they were actually working for us and doing their fiduciary duty. But they don't work for us.

Look if you want to know more look up Michael Kumhof and Irving Fisher - Chicago Plan Revisited. It is a great place to start.

As for reserve limits on the Australian Dollar that hasn't been technically true for many years now and the private banks that are the true issuers of our currency(which should be illegal) they manipulate it to the max. Look at the Aussie, NZ and US reserve ratio in the snippets I cut below. We ride the waves naked my friend.

1659753960454.png1659754014254.png1659754060370.png https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_requirement

Steel Saints

Juniors
So the NRL should set up a fund to do up grounds which are owned by either:

1. Their respective State Governments;
2. Their local council; or
3. Privately owned by one club (i.e. The Sharks).

I mean when do lessees usually pay for upgrades directly for properties they lease? Almost never.

Sorry but that is a daft idea and defies commercial sense.
But didn't the AFL chip in at the Sydney Showgrounds for GWS?

Colk

First Grade
Look I appreciate your thoughts and you are correct in some of your points especially the last paragraph, but it is so much worse then what you or many others think. Much simpler to fix too. If you could wave a magic wand and fix the economical system of any country or the world for that matter, you could literally turn everything around within a month and economies would start to function and thrive within a the year as they were intended to.

But we will never get there, because that is not the plan. As for States having restraints, yeah sure, I am not advocating they issue their own currency, but like I said, to big a topic for here and this is not the place for it. But State governments can be so profitable that they can easily run surpluses and build infrastructure programs without any problems raising capital at all, if they simply setup a proper State Bank and built up their asset portfolio as they should if they were actually working for us and doing their fiduciary duty. But they don't work for us.

Look if you want to know more look up Michael Kumhof and Irving Fisher - Chicago Plan Revisited. It is a great place to start.

As for reserve limits on the Australian Dollar that hasn't been technically true for many years now and the private banks that are the true issuers of our currency(which should be illegal) they manipulate it to the max. Look at the Aussie, NZ and US reserve ratio in the snippets I cut below. We ride the waves naked my friend.

View attachment 64616View attachment 64617View attachment 64618 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_requirement

Thanks.

Interesting about the US. Seems absolutely nuts to do that considering bad loans and the gambling of that caused the last financial crisis. Very worrying.

Anyway back to the topic at hand

Suitman

Post Whore
8 to 1

Einstein

8 to 1

accor is a dog
so says the EPL 😎

Arsenal sold out Accor twice in 4 days just a few years ago. Both crowds (vs Sydney FC and WSW's) were larger than the Origin crowd that year.
Give me Accor any day of the year over the MCG for watching football or RL.

Iamback

Coach
Arsenal sold out Accor twice in 4 days just a few years ago. Both crowds (vs Sydney FC and WSW's) were larger than the Origin crowd that year.

It really is a no brainer, no idea why he is arguing the point.

Is Accor the best viewing for any sport? Nope but for 70k plus crowds for these big games it is the best

Wb1234

Referee
It really is a no brainer, no idea why he is arguing the point.

Is Accor the best viewing for any sport? Nope but for 70k plus crowds for these big games it is the best
I’d say it’s barely better than Perth. A ground built solely for afl

who knows what sport accor was solely built for

Iamback

Coach

The sides of the field runs parrell to the stands on the side. So in what world is a ground where you 30m between the front row and halfway better?

Iamback

Coach

The sides of the field runs parrell to the stands on the side. So in what world is a ground where you 30m between the front row and halfway better?

Wb1234

Referee
The rake is as flat as a pancake

I’ve had centreline seats and even those were crap

nothing to do with accor tho , just the event.
put that event on at the MCG & they turn up anyway , like origin & a potential GF because the ground has a rep & no one cares about the experience

meaning the NRL won't either

Maximus

Coach
nothing to do with accor tho , just the event.
put that event on at the MCG & they turn up anyway , like origin & a potential GF because the ground has a rep & no one cares about the experience

meaning the NRL won't either

Have you worked out what the 8 games are yet?

Latest posts