What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

forby

Juniors
Won't happen
Unfortunately for them Labor will get in in march and pull out of any more funding
Theu stuffed up trying to build it mext door at the trotting track
they can’t build more than a 20 k stadium on the existing site. That is why the Paceway is the preferred site.
apparently the compulsory acquisition is still going ahead.

JD-Roo

Juniors
Just another follow-up from the Allianz Stadium articles:

Allianz Stadium named most innovative steel design for large projects at industry awards night

Australian Steel Institute

The new state-of-the-art Allianz Stadium in Sydney has been named Australia’s most innovative steel design for large projects at the biennial Australian Steel Institute (ASI) Australian Steel Excellence Awards.

The gala awards dinner at Doltone House in Sydney saw 26 state and territory winners (from an initial field of 85) vie for national honours in six categories:
- Buildings (Large Projects)
- Buildings (Small Projects)
- Innovative Cold Form Steel Building
- Steel Clad Structures
- Engineering Projects
- Young Designer/Detailer/Tradesperson.

In his address to last night’s (Nov 22) dinner, ASI chief executive Mark Cain said the awards recognise innovative collaboration by architects, structural engineers, building contractors, steel fabricators and steel detailers using steel as the primary building product.

Allianz Stadium was named the 2022 winner in the Buildings (Large Projects) category. Submitted by consulting engineers Aurecon, the $874m sports arena was recognised for its clever use of steel engineering. Aurecon said 85% of the modular steel work for the stadium roof was put together on the pitch and lifted into position, minimising time at heights and enhancing safety. The award recognised effective collaboration and teamwork between Aurecon, construction partner John Holland and the steel supply chain.

MugaB

Coach
Just another follow-up from the Allianz Stadium articles:

Allianz Stadium named most innovative steel design for large projects at industry awards night

Australian Steel Institute

The new state-of-the-art Allianz Stadium in Sydney has been named Australia’s most innovative steel design for large projects at the biennial Australian Steel Institute (ASI) Australian Steel Excellence Awards.

The gala awards dinner at Doltone House in Sydney saw 26 state and territory winners (from an initial field of 85) vie for national honours in six categories:
- Buildings (Large Projects)
- Buildings (Small Projects)
- Innovative Cold Form Steel Building
- Steel Clad Structures
- Engineering Projects
- Young Designer/Detailer/Tradesperson.

In his address to last night’s (Nov 22) dinner, ASI chief executive Mark Cain said the awards recognise innovative collaboration by architects, structural engineers, building contractors, steel fabricators and steel detailers using steel as the primary building product.

Allianz Stadium was named the 2022 winner in the Buildings (Large Projects) category. Submitted by consulting engineers Aurecon, the $874m sports arena was recognised for its clever use of steel engineering. Aurecon said 85% of the modular steel work for the stadium roof was put together on the pitch and lifted into position, minimising time at heights and enhancing safety. The award recognised effective collaboration and teamwork between Aurecon, construction partner John Holland and the steel supply chain.
Did they win the award for that peice of steel that was in the way of the restroom aswell...
Of does go under the category of poor architecture

MugaB

Coach
Did you ever see those Russian Winter Olympics memes taking the piss out of their infrastructure f**k ups? You know, like two toilets in one cubicle kinda thing? I’m sure there’s poles in front of dunny entrances there too
Those pics were at suncorp, not russia...
Its useful for the local two heads who needed to throw up often

Wb1234

Referee
Albo was on the Board at South Sydney. I knew him when I was in my late teens, and whilst he always supported Hawthorn, his first love was always the Rabbitohs. For his work and support, he was made a life member of Souths in 2013 (source: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2013/03/03/three-life-members-inducted-at-member-co-agm/).
Right after he won the election he was at a south’s game with the owners
Definitely a league man is Albo
Henson isn’t far from his house in marrickville

Pippen94

First Grade
Whilst I'm no AFL fan by any stretch, from what I know about Aboriginal culture, they do pass down their history orally. They do not typically write it down. So whilst I may not take the AFL's word on it at face value, you cannot outright discredit it on that basis of it being an oral history. It would though help if it was said which Aboriginal people's elders confirmed it.

It's bullshit. There's no evidence