What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wb1234

Referee
Well go on then, explain why you think what I said is hypocritical.
Either both aren’t fit for top level football of either code or they are

and cmon you prefer luton to lo ?
Take out that’s it the premier league and you may have a cultural cringe towards it and look at both stadiums critically

The Great Dane

First Grade
Either both aren’t fit for top level football of either code or they are
I've clearly stated that neither are fit for 'top level football'... So yeah you're full of shit.
and cmon you prefer luton to lo ?
Take out that’s it the premier league and you may have a cultural cringe towards it and look at both stadiums critically
I think I'd be in the best position to judge which is better given that I'm the only person in the discussion that's been to both...

Kenilworth Road is totally outdated and not fit for purpose anymore, especially not for a side that's going to be in the Prem. However it is also a genuinely unique and interesting ground unlike anything else in the world and offers a novel experience as a result. The facilities in the Kenilworth road end and concourse are better than anything on offer at Leichhardt, which isn't saying much BTW, and the necessity of the ground having to fit into a tight, almost claustrophobic, enclosed space between terrace houses helps capture noise and create an awesome atmosphere that's both difficult to explain and unlike anything I've experienced in Australia.

You also keep suggesting that it's a Premier League ground, but Kenilworth Road has never been used in the Prem before as Luton have only just been promoted to the Prem for the first time, and was never really intended to be used at such a high level and is being replaced as quickly as possible as a result.

Leichhardt on the other hand is all hype no substance. It's a pretty average suburban ground and no amount of Phil Gould's waxing lyrical about Sunday footy on the hill at Leichhardt will change that. The Tigers have had better options available to them for decades at this point, but have chosen to continue using LO over moving to those modern stadiums that are better suited to their needs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On a nice mild sunny winter afternoon in Sydney I’ll take Leichhardt
On a cold, grey, drizzly English winters day I’ll take Kenilworth Rd
But is either up to standard for a top league? Nope.

TheRam

Coach
I've clearly stated that neither are fit for 'top level football'... So yeah you're full of shit.

I think I'd be in the best position to judge which is better given that I'm the only person in the discussion that's been to both...

Kenilworth Road is totally outdated and not fit for purpose anymore, especially not for a side that's going to be in the Prem. However it is also a genuinely unique and interesting ground unlike anything else in the world and offers a novel experience as a result. The facilities in the Kenilworth road end and concourse are better than anything on offer at Leichhardt, which isn't saying much BTW, and the necessity of the ground having to fit into a tight, almost claustrophobic, enclosed space between terrace houses helps capture noise and create an awesome atmosphere that's both difficult to explain and unlike anything I've experienced in Australia.

You also keep suggesting that it's a Premier League ground, but Kenilworth Road has never been used in the Prem before as Luton have only just been promoted to the Prem for the first time, and was never really intended to be used at such a high level and is being replaced as quickly as possible as a result.

Leichhardt on the other hand is all hype no substance. It's a pretty average suburban ground and no amount of Phil Gould's waxing lyrical about Sunday footy on the hill at Leichhardt will change that. The Tigers have had better options available to them for decades at this point, but have chosen to continue using LO over moving to those modern stadiums that are better suited to their needs.

LO The 8th Blunder Of The World!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Interesting read on Suncorp

The most important takeaway from that article:

“Having the bones in the basics and the fundamentals done correctly means that over the years, we have been able to do some minor refurbs and get the hospitality to move with the times,” he says.

If you get the basics right – everyone with a good seat, and a good view – the rest of it can be modified.”

Wb1234

Referee

What a load of tosh

Vibing

Juniors
heres a certainty for our yawnion loving tosser

every stupor wugby game in Aust this weekend will post a crowd of .....

T

B

A

Latest posts