What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

King-Gutho94

Coach
there was a lot of NQ fans that sooked when the pics of the new stadium surfaced and there was no hill areas.

But then as soon as the same people go to QCB and experience the game in a mint all seater the whinges disappear pretty quick.

From someone that used to love the hills back in my teens and 20's but is approaching mid 40's, they're a relic of a bygone era and should be pissed off.
Yep I stood on the Hill at Brookie last year for the Manly/Parra game and despite the result which was great.

You are crammed in have to hold your beer tray while drinking, line up for 35 mins to get a drink and then walk through a crowd of people to get to the toilet.

Compared to Commbank stadium it was like going from a 5 star hotel with an ensuite for home games to a 1 star hostel sharing a room with 16 strangers. With the bathroom on another level.

It's 2023 its time to move with the modern age.

Pneuma

First Grade
A couple of sketches put together in 10 minutes by Cox and Partners.
What a joke.
Just dump the place from the NRL altogether.
Massive increase in crowds this season has been due to the great game itself but also the better stadiums that the game is being played at more often.
While we are at it, dump Brookvale as well. That is as bad as Leichhardt.
Two horribly embarrassing grounds for the NRL.
As for Shark Park, I am speechless. It's barely good enough for NSW Cup.
Lay off shark park. The beers cheap. Seriously though every time I come up for a game there I do wonder why I bothered. Love the club but ffs

MugaB

Coach
How anyone can justify spending $100mill of taxpayers money on a stadium thats only 10km from a $800million state of the art one is beyond me. The interview was all over the place, one minute its not fit for NRL next he's saying its about it being a community ground for amateur sport. I'm sure it can be made safe and more usable for amateur sport for a whole lot less than $100mill. if they want to continue its existence for that purpose.
But it is used for amateur sports... it always should have been fixed up anyways, its a shame its been neglected for so long... my issue isn't the money spent or the amount either its the use for only 3 NRL games a year, then whinge about wheres our govt handout to fix stadiums last few years.
the tigers should be fulltime as the SFS 2nd tennant or if souths is, then Accors 2nd tennant, none of this half and half shit

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shark Park will emerge as the prestige stadium in southern Sydney integrated with shops, restaurants, hotels, and apartments by the water and a stone's throw from North Cronulla Beach.
Tbf when your only competition is kogorah that isn’t saying much! Shark park is seriously compromised now by the other buildings and will never be a decent 4 sided 25k stadium

Wb1234

Referee
Yep I stood on the Hill at Brookie last year for the Manly/Parra game and despite the result which was great.

You are crammed in have to hold your beer tray while drinking, line up for 35 mins to get a drink and then walk through a crowd of people to get to the toilet.

Compared to Commbank stadium it was like going from a 5 star hotel with an ensuite for home games to a 1 star hostel sharing a room with 16 strangers. With the bathroom on another level.

It's 2023 its time to move with the modern age.
So if combank hadn’t been done you would’ve been ok parra moving to accor or allianz full time lmao

westerntiger

Juniors
the tigers should be fulltime as the SFS 2nd tennant or if souths is, then Accors 2nd tennant, none of this half and half shit
we had decent crowds at the old SFS when we were there 2009-12 but there was a lot of complaining from the diehards.

Pippen94

First Grade
news-leichhardt-still-3-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-4-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-2-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-5-600x400.jpg

Love it

Pippen94

First Grade
How anyone can justify spending $100mill of taxpayers money on a stadium thats only 10km from a $800million state of the art one is beyond me. The interview was all over the place, one minute its not fit for NRL next he's saying its about it being a community ground for amateur sport. I'm sure it can be made safe and more usable for amateur sport for a whole lot less than $100mill. if they want to continue its existence for that purpose.

Coz Leichhardt is one of busiest venues in the country

Pippen94

First Grade
A couple of sketches put together in 10 minutes by Cox and Partners.
What a joke.
Just dump the place from the NRL altogether.
Massive increase in crowds this season has been due to the great game itself but also the better stadiums that the game is being played at more often.
While we are at it, dump Brookvale as well. That is as bad as Leichhardt.
Two horribly embarrassing grounds for the NRL.
As for Shark Park, I am speechless. It's barely good enough for NSW Cup.

That argument doesn't work if ground is upgraded

Looks like an amazing spot for a ground with a stadium with plenty of potential for improvement. You could get that to 18-20000 with covered stands for a reasonable cost.
Sharkies would do well to hear that advice

I don’t think covered stands are much of a requirement in Port Moresby. The climate is fairly dry due to the city’s location and ticket prices will inevitably have to be cheap- much better to spend any upgrade money on larger, uncovered stands, probably with terraced standing areas to get the maximum number of punters in at the lowest cost. Spend any extra on player/media facilities and ground security.

Standing terraces sounds like a bad idea amongst a rabble of PNG locals.

King-Gutho94

Coach
So if combank hadn’t been done you would’ve been ok parra moving to accor or allianz full time lmao
Why would we have moved our Old Stadium was still NRL standard I didn't have a problem with it.

As a parra fan i am thankful the Wanderers came onto the scene and helped convince the Government to build a bigger and modern stadium in Parramatta.

Accor Stadium is an over-rated hole as well. There is no atmosphere unless its packed and SFA to do around the Stadium other then the Locker Room Bar which you can barely move anyway for a big event.

Wb1234

Referee
Why would we have moved our Old Stadium was still NRL standard I didn't have a problem with it.

As a parra fan i am thankful the Wanderers came onto the scene and helped convince the Government to build a bigger and modern stadium in Parramatta.

Accor Stadium is an over-rated hole as well. There is no atmosphere unless its packed and SFA to do around the Stadium other then the Locker Room Bar which you can barely move anyway for a big event.
So you wouldn’t have moved but want manly too because they werent lucky to share with an a league side

lmao

siv

First Grade
news-leichhardt-still-3-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-4-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-2-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-5-600x400.jpg
Concept is ok, but northern stand should be a extension of the western stand including seating in the NW corner

According to reports on the radio, the plans to re-develop Leichhardt are estimated at over $100 million and are contingent on the Federal and NSW Governments providing the money. As such I suspect its very much a pipedream by the local council.

King-Gutho94

Coach
So you wouldn’t have moved but want manly too because they werent lucky to share with an a league side

lmao
I don't give flying f**k about Moanly anyway.

Like i said i only go to that asbestos shithole max once a year if i decide to go to the ground.

If they want to stay there that's fine i am not Manly fan so good luck to them.

But personally think its need to be redeveloped the old stand behind on Pittwater road side is out-dated and the Hill might be good to do once every now and then for a novelty factor. But when you compare it to modern day facilities i know where i want to be especially when i am being charged $35 a ticket & $10.50 a beer to stand for 80 mins.

Wb1234

Referee
According to reports on the radio, the plans to re-develop Leichhardt are estimated at over $100 million and are contingent on the Federal and NSW Governments providing the money. As such I suspect its very much a pipedream by the local council.
I think albo will and that’ll convince nsw govt to follow

Wb1234

Referee
I don't give flying f**k about Moanly anyway.

Like i said i only go to that asbestos shithole max once a year if i decide to go to the ground.

If they want to stay there that's fine i am not Manly fan so good luck to them.

But personally think its need to be redeveloped the old stand behind on Pittwater road side is out-dated and the Hill might be good to do once every now and then for a novelty factor. But when you compare it to modern day facilities i know where i want to be especially when i am being charged $35 a ticket & $10.50 a beer to stand for 80 mins.
Yeh if someone bought me a Ferrari I would mock my neighbours holden too

not everyone wins the lottery though

Pippen94

First Grade

Looks great on TV

Concept is ok, but northern stand should be a extension of the western stand including seating in the NW corner

Nah, design looks good in setting

Timbo

Staff member
They would have to replace the hill if they want to keep it in the NRL long term. Kids hate the hills and they're the future of the game

One of the arguments that's always thrown around for hills is that 'kids and families love them!'

In my experience, nothing is further from the truth. Do you know what kids definitely don't love? Standing for two hours with someone much taller than them in front blocking the game.