What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Vlad59

Bench
@Vlad59 ....
Lucky man
Who knows what this means. The afl might be able to get out of this now but time will tell. They didn’t want the team in the first place and the stadium they demanded was meant to be an outrageous demand the government would reject. I think they were shocked when the government said yes to it. Meanwhile Rockliff believes he has won the election. Hes won 14 out of 35 seats. He is insane. And I’m not joking. His ‘victory’ speech last night left most of us dumbfounded.

Wb1234

Immortal
Who knows what this means. The afl might be able to get out of this now but time will tell. They didn’t want the team in the first place and the stadium they demanded was meant to be an outrageous demand the government would reject. I think they were shocked when the government said yes to it. Meanwhile Rockliff believes he has won the election. Hes won 14 out of 35 seats. He is insane. And I’m not joking. His ‘victory’ speech last night left most of us dumbfounded.
Team will go ahead without the stadium

afl locked into 19 teams for its tv deal

docbrown

Coach
Seems like he's going with The Secret approach - if you say it out loud and often enough then hopefully it comes true. Looking at the results, it looks like a pretty clear rejection of the Libs.

Vlad59

Bench
Both have stands on the sideline which don’t run the full length of the field

that’s why he likes both dumps

in more good news

Looks like they lost the stadium in tassie too
For those who enjoy evidence of the culture of blatant lying by the afl the Tassie devils CEO told abc news this morning that Bellerive ovals capacity is 12000. That’s why we need a new stadium apparently. It’s actually 20000 and that’s why we don’t need a new stadium.

horrie hastings

First Grade
For those who enjoy evidence of the culture of blatant lying by the afl the Tassie devils CEO told abc news this morning that Bellerive ovals capacity is 12000. That’s why we need a new stadium apparently. It’s actually 20000 and that’s why we don’t need a new stadium.
and York Park or what it is called now University Of Tasmania Stadium in Launceston can hold over 19,000, just means the Tassie Devils use two grounds which would be fair spreading the games around.

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
He said that holds 14000. I think it’s fair to say whatever he says must be treated with caution.

Here’s an idea. why don’t just refurbish Bellerive Oval and announce it and then fumbleball is under pressure to wind back on this idea.

They would also get pounded considering all of the positive PR they just had if they rejected it

I know this won’t happen but it should happen

Vlad59

Bench
Here’s an idea. why don’t just refurbish Bellerive Oval and announce it and then fumbleball is under pressure to wind back on this idea.

They would also get pounded considering all of the positive PR they just had if they rejected it

I know this won’t happen but it should happen
Making sense is not a thing we do in Tasmania.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
"The AFL aren't used to competition" PVL

They wouldn't be used to push back from Governments either.

Welcome to the real world AFL where a) your comp has peaked with all lucrative expansion options exhausted and b) with the quality of ovals at a good level in every city you will increasingly find moving forward Australia's rectangular stadiums getting priority to catch up.

Colk

First Grade

Welcome to the real world AFL where a) your comp has peaked with all lucrative expansion options exhausted and b) with the quality of ovals at a good level in every city you will increasingly find moving forward Australia's rectangular stadiums getting priority to catch up.

With hope very much on the latter

I'm hoping they put a third team in Perth to rile up Perth Red. The Joondalup mayor wants a third team to be based in his city. That's where Perth Red lives.

Latest posts