What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

jim_57

Staff member
Local story today on 6PR that WA Govt will spend $300mill turning HBF Park into a 25k + finished stadium in readiness for the Western Bears admission into the NRL!
View attachment 92361

Hopefully $300m can get the whole thing finished. At least a new Western stand and northern stand you’d hope. Woshful thinking for a roof on the southern stand and filling in the corners at that price?

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Hopefully $300m can get the whole thing finished. At least a new Western stand and northern stand you’d hope. Woshful thinking for a roof on the southern stand and filling in the corners at that price?
I quite like the open corners and no canopy for the southern stand. I don't want to stadium be turned too inward focused. I think they've got a really decent opportunity to enhance the original Architectural concept of a "stadium in the park". A smaller, rectangle version of Adelaide Oval. A striking modern stadium while still keeping elements of its 100 years historical identity as a suburban ground, important to Perth's sporting culture and the romanticised suburban ground so loved by many NRL fans.
The Moreton Bay figs need to remain visible inside the ground, and may help in forging the relationship between Perth and NS Bears and NS Oval