What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Due to the popularity of this thread we are considering a Forum specifically to discuss stadiums.

Appreciate and feedback or discussion here.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/new-subforum.459903/#post-12654555

Cheers

Popularity?
Just relegate PR and carch to the fight club and I think you've got a pretty well rounded mix of opinions and people with pragmatic ideas about the infrastructure required by a major national sport.

Otherwise. A more broadly defined sub forum for stadia, crowds, memberships, etc, could be a decent shout.

Canard

Immortal

carcharias

Immortal
Popularity?
Just relegate PR and carch to the fight club and I think you've got a pretty well rounded mix of opinions and people with pragmatic ideas about the infrastructure required by a major national sport.

Otherwise. A more broadly defined sub forum for stadia, crowds, memberships, etc, could be a decent shout.

Please stay on topic

I hate that
It really irks me

siv

First Grade
Gee I hate the way they announce sponsored stadiums

Prefer something like

Optus Perth Stadium

Not just Optus Stadium - it means nothing. A local tennis ground pops up in the GPS or Optus HQ in North Ryde

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Due to the popularity of this thread we are considering a Forum specifically to discuss stadiums.

Appreciate and feedback or discussion here.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/new-subforum.459903/#post-12654555

Cheers

Shit idea...

The topic only has enough content for one thread and thats only because there is so much going on right now.

Its not like the Expansion threads that were filling up the NRL forum with bullshit. You dont need to clear the NRL forum up. Put this is a separate forum and all you will do is stifle the discussion...

jim_57

Staff member
Sub forum may be a bit much for reasons already mentioned. Best case scenario would probably be to separate the main talking points to their own thread i.e. Parra, ANZ, Allianz, Townsville etc. Then have a general thread for the rest. Some would get more traffic than others but who cares?

Unless you have plenty of time to check frequently some news & discussions get buried pretty quickly.

jim_57

Staff member

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Strange about the kid in Pirates gear, a team that doesn't exist (yet) in the top grade and will probably play at the new stadium very rarely if ever. Encouraging though I guess.

I guess they were referencing RLs commitment to playing Origin there, but it was awkward using a jersey representing another state...

Roos jersey would have been my suggestion, but the Pirates jumper served well. And it shows the government is committed to supporting a team if one was to come over.

Edit: Its just as relevant as that Force jersey :cool:

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member
I could talk him through watching his team lose for 49 years
Not sure how to help a kid without a team to watch though.

I used to think not having a team might just be easier until 2015. Would have been worth a 100 year wait.

M2D2

Bench
Like I said earlier the Olympic stadium was built for the Olympics.
I’ve seen
The Olympics
The sharks win the comp
And the Rolling Stones there

The old SFS gets used for many different things
I’ve seen U2 there

I know the Catholics had world youth day in one of them
ANZ. I was there. Everyone boo'd John Howard. Good times.

Latest posts