What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

T-Boon

Coach
Good article by Masters.

I read that snippet from red bandana tranny a few days ago about Burgess. What a complete twat. Insults Burgess about his lack of credentials to comment when the whole time he puts himself up as the economics expert himself. The tranny has had too many concussions.

T-Boon

Coach
In terms of big events that Sydney might lose (notionally) the NRL should initiate an equivalent of the Magic Weekend that the English Super League has.
Have one next season in Brisbane, get the entire NRL nation in one city for the weekend. Make it huge, really promote the heck out of it. Maybe make it an Easter weekend thing. Offer it to Melbourne for big $ the next year.
Then tell Sydney they can't bid without the right stadiums.

taipan

Referee
fitzmoron hates Sydney
doesn't want his home town to succeed if it means RL will too

that's the depth of derision this toffball tosser has for our game

No he just hates rugby league with an unhealthy passion.,every article he writes has a personal shot at the code.He's not that keen on soccer either.
He sees a new ANZ reconfigured to rectangular, as giving that code a big boost in crowds.Union crowds are sporting low here, he's got little else to argue with.
He also shows his true colours when he regularly genuflects to AFL,ignores the Govt monies outlaid at the SCG and Spotless.
In the past I've stirred him up with emails on Vichy and union, and apartheid.He literally went off this tree.For him a tree his the proper place for him to reside.

Crippler

Juniors
This is anti stadium argument

When anz is full for a concert they say ....look why need new stadium. See how many people come. No need to waste money let's spend in hospitals and schools.

Then when it has a low crowd for a sport event. Look why spend a $billlion if noone will use it.

You can't have the argument both ways.

This is anti stadium argument

When anz is full for a concert they say ....look why need new stadium. See how many people come. No need to waste money let's spend in hospitals and schools.

Then when it has a low crowd for a sport event. Look why spend a $billlion if noone will use it.

You can't have the argument both ways.

Who’s they? The govt?

We’re not losing concerts over ANZ stadium that’s for sure. Anyone peddling that is lying.

The events that are helped by a new stadium are those limited events. Touring EPL teams, rugby & fifa world cups, NRL grand final can be thrown in due to the threats to move it. Team USA basketball V boomers is a classic example, we don’t have a big enough indoor arena to host it, so instead they’ll get 2 games in Melbourne.

magpie_man

Juniors
No he just hates rugby league with an unhealthy passion.,every article he writes has a personal shot at the code.He's not that keen on soccer either.

He can give up all the alcohol and meat he likes, that kinda acidic resentment is going to eat away at you like cancer.
For the sake of his own well-being, old mate just needs to let it go and embrace things as they are:

Rugby League is king in Sydney.
Aside from an ever-shrinking enclave here and there, Rugby Union is dying in Australia.
Soccer is THE world game.
The contemporary working class are never going to go back to the good old days of the "dinkum little Aussie battler".

TheRam

Coach
In terms of big events that Sydney might lose (notionally) the NRL should initiate an equivalent of the Magic Weekend that the English Super League has.
Have one next season in Brisbane, get the entire NRL nation in one city for the weekend. Make it huge, really promote the heck out of it. Maybe make it an Easter weekend thing. Offer it to Melbourne for big $ the next year.
Then tell Sydney they can't bid without the right stadiums.

See there's where your great idea fails though. You need the NRL to promote it and make huge.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

insert.pause

First Grade
ANZ won't happen, they were always going to find a way to f**k it up.

With the new parramatta stadium I really don't see the benefit for any club in continuing to play out of ANZ. Better facility, better transport link, better size, better atmosphere, better local amenities.

Let the government maintain a white elephant for an origin game & maybe a grand final each year, provided they are successful bidders.

ANZ won't happen, they were always going to find a way to f**k it up.

With the new parramatta stadium I really don't see the benefit for any club in continuing to play out of ANZ. Better facility, better transport link, better size, better atmosphere, better local amenities.

Let the government maintain a white elephant for an origin game & maybe a grand final each year, provided they are successful bidders.

The benefit is the deal they get at ANZ, and according to the tigers the deal has carried over from the old owners to Venues NSW.

Bulldogs will never play out of parramatta full time. They’ll move there for a couple of years if ANZ gets rebuilt, but that’s it. They’re not going to line the pockets of their biggest rival (parramatta leagues club next door)

Souths won’t play there because it’s too far west.

Only team I see that might play there is the tigers, but not if Venues NSW maintaining the good deal they get at ANZ. Maybe venues NSW would match the deal at parramatta? But I doubt it. My guess is they’ll say no deals because it’s a new facility.

unforgiven

Bench
The benefit is the deal they get at ANZ, and according to the tigers the deal has carried over from the old owners to Venues NSW.

Bulldogs will never play out of parramatta full time. They’ll move there for a couple of years if ANZ gets rebuilt, but that’s it. They’re not going to line the pockets of their biggest rival (parramatta leagues club next door)

Souths won’t play there because it’s too far west.

Only team I see that might play there is the tigers, but not if Venues NSW maintaining the good deal they get at ANZ. Maybe venues NSW would match the deal at parramatta? But I doubt it. My guess is they’ll say no deals because it’s a new facility.

That's because it is an existing contract, it will be interesting to see if the good deals continue once they negotiate new deals.

That's because it is an existing contract, it will be interesting to see if the good deals continue once they negotiate new deals.

If the deal disappeares I’d hope the tigers give strong thought to playing out of parramatta. It’d be good to see two teams use that venue.

T-Boon

Coach

They could negotiate some deal between Canterbury Leagues and Parra Leagues. Advertisement or revenue sharing. Calculate the revenue the Dogs games bring to Parra Leagues and they get compensated in some way. That would work better than playing at ANZ where there is no venue to attend afterwards so Dogs get hero revenue. I don't know, this must happen occasionally.

Souths could play at Parra it is only 15 minutes further out than ANZ. Better public transport.

Latest posts