What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Timbo

Staff member
I think this was always the plan. Now they get to look like heroes for 'compromising'.

As long as it's close to the original refurb plan, who cares.

LineBall

Juniors
In a couple of years, the costs for Allianz will blow out, and then they will revise their plans for ANZ. Could possibly be a new government by then too. I wouldn't hold my breath regarding ANZ.

applesauce

Bench
Original $700M Redevelopment:
ANZBefore_After.jpg

ANZ-east-west-stands.png
ANZ-north-south-stands.png

anz_stadium_rectangular17.jpg

New Build Comparison:
STILL6.jpg

applesauce

Bench

Timbo

Staff member
I think it'll be fine this way. As long as the original refurb comes to fruition.

I think it'll be fine this way. As long as the original refurb comes to fruition.

I’m more or less fine with it, but unless they rebuild the upper decks it’s going to be seriously compromised. It’ll also look really weird.

The original plan did include the upper decks being redone though.

Other question is the closing roof, which I undersood was required in the original plan, reason being the new lower decks would be completely open to the elements otherwise.

Ayers will be on the trust in 10 years.. u watch

Only if the Coalition retain office. If Labor wins he won't get appointed to the Trust's Board anytime soon.

Following is the NSW Government release about the stadium plans -

A major renovation of ANZ Stadium will ensure that Sydney continues to host the NRL Grand Final for the next 25 years.

The NSW Government has decided to proceed with a renovation of the ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park.

The refurbished facility will deliver a better experience by bringing fans closer to the action and making all seats undercover.

Construction is expected to start in late 2019 and be completed by mid-2021.

The government has also announced it will fully redevelop Allianz Stadium into a world-class venue. Improvements to the Moore Park stadium include:

• substantially improved sightlines
  • a roof that covers all patrons
  • significantly improved amenity, and food and beverage options.
Work on Allianz Stadium is expected to commence in late 2018, and be completed by March 2022.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian said compared to a “knock down rebuild”, the cost of renovating ANZ Stadium would save $500 million and complete the rebuild two years earlier than previously scheduled.

“We will be able to deliver two outstanding stadiums for Sydney at the best possible value for taxpayers,” Ms Berejiklian said.

The revised plans for these stadiums will cost around $1.5 billion.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Last edited:

Latest posts