What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

siv

First Grade
Original $700M Redevelopment:
ANZBefore_After.jpg

ANZ-east-west-stands.png
ANZ-north-south-stands.png

anz_stadium_rectangular17.jpg

New Build Comparison:
STILL6.jpg

Aa long as the refit option still has its roof it may end up being the better option

I havent seen a plan if they leave the upper deck as is. And what happens to the lower bowl and if they still plan to lower the playing surface by 3m

I wonder if the NRL was playing for a higher cost option just so it still got its preferred option

siv

First Grade
I find it totally bizarre that they are doing both stadiums at the same time. If ANZ is taking less than two years why would they not do that first so teams have somewhere to play games in 2020/21,

Election politics - if you dont get it started and 50-60 completed before the election you may not get it done at all

Opposition will have a veto to redirect the funds elsewhere

Jamberoo

Juniors
With all that extra money 'saved' they can probably build an extra school classroom and paint a few corridors. A win for stupidity/Fitzsimmons/ignorance/AFL.

Not a fan of Greenberg but he did his best. Gallop and the muppets at soccer and union have done nothing. Sydney now left without a suitable size purpose rectangular stadium for the next 50-100 years.

Astonishing.
How is this a win for AFL? They wanted ANZ to stay oval.

This really isn’t the worst outcome.

Still think $730 million on Allianz is way too much though.

My main concern is they’ll drop the club modes at both stadiums.

beave

Coach
Weak as f**king piss. But not surprised. This game gets shit on all by the media, politicians, journos and the people who run it. It’s a f**king miracle the game actually still exists to be bluntly honest.

Well done Helen Lovejoys.

LineBall

Juniors
So the NRL agreement regarding Grand Finals in Sydney was dependant on ANZ being re-configured - not rebuilt. I was under the assumption, obviously incorrectly, that they wanted a complete rebuild, or they would take the GF elsewhere.

King hit

Coach
Would Queenslanders go to the grand final in Brisbane because Queenslanders have no interest in games that don't have Queensland teams?

Last Week

Bench
I hate this sport sometimes. It is the most maligned sport I've ever seen. It gets hammered by the media way too often and shoots itself in the foot all the time.

And when we have the upper hand in a negotiation, we always bend over. So short sighted.

Cant blame John Grant for this one.

Robert B

Juniors
As long as the lower bowl is the same steepness as Suncorp, then it's a win for the NRL fans.

Just read that the new ANZ will only have a capacity of 70,000 now.

Marlins

Juniors
New Parramatta stadium = Win
New SFS stadium = Win
Refurbished Rectangular ANZ = Win

That’s how I see it. It would of made more sense to build a 30K at SFS and a brand new ANZ but hey it could be worse. Even just Anz being Rectangular stops fumbleball ever getting a crowd over 40k odd.

Now that SFS is getting the money I think it would be great for Souths to move in permanently with the chooks. Tigers to use WSS with the Eels & Dogs to divide their games between belmore & WSS. Only use ANZ for Soo, GF and Big derbies/Holidays.

New Parramatta stadium = Win
New SFS stadium = Win
Refurbished Rectangular ANZ = Win

That’s how I see it. It would of made more sense to build a 30K at SFS and a brand new ANZ but hey it could be worse. Even just Anz being Rectangular stops fumbleball ever getting a crowd over 40k odd.

Now that SFS is getting the money I think it would be great for Souths to move in permanently with the chooks. Tigers to use WSS with the Eels & Dogs to divide their games between belmore & WSS. Only use ANZ for Soo, GF and Big derbies/Holidays.

I don’t see Souths moving back, they pushed hard for ANZ to get an upgrade, from everything I’ve read they feel it’s a better fit for most of their fans.

And the dogs are no chance of parramatta.