What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

T-Boon

Coach
Once this goat f**k of a stadiums thing is done and dusted and the stadiums are built to the NRLs satisfaction (or lack of) I would love to see the NRL give some of this back to the government and renege on the deal and start negotiating with Queensland and Melbourne.

T-Boon

Coach
Because that extra money will ( eventually) go towards future upgrades of the SCG. on top of the 100's of millions already received. There will not be a peep out of any journo or any 'consultation' with the community because it doesn't benefit Rugby League.

This is one of the reasons why even though I am a long term cricket tragic I actually am starting to hope the sport of cricket fails. They totally work hand in hand with AFL.

Parra

Referee
According to this piece the upper decks stay where they are, really disappointing.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/03/29/11/43/sydney-stadium-knockdown-anz-pushed-back

View attachment 18696

You'd think they would have to be looking at the backs of the heads/stands in front of them if they are left where they are....or ANZ will not be getting a steep-sided setup to get fans near the action in this new rectangular layout. Sitting just as far away with more rows of people in front, relatively flat, solves nothing. Save the $800million.

beave

Coach
According to this piece the upper decks stay where they are, really disappointing.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/03/29/11/43/sydney-stadium-knockdown-anz-pushed-back

View attachment 18696

Of course they are mate. Those original plans we saw, from memory it was based around $700mil and the costings blew out in the end and it wasn’t worth doing it. Now that the $700mil is confirmed, those original plans are pointless as everything will be scaled back deluxe.

I’m no architect, I’d say it will be the ends demolished and brought in the 25 odd meters and the lower bowl dropped a few meters and rebuilt with a bit of a steeper rake. Everything on the 2nd tier and upwards wont be touched as you’d have to f**k with the structure behind it too much to support any changes. Again, no architect at all but that’s what I reckon we’ll see for that sort of money.

The leaders in the NRL are the weakest pissant execs of the major codes in this country. I cannot beleive they are settling for this. They had the upper hand in this and they turned around and took it in the ass.

Absolute f**king disgrace, and Greenbergs tweet shows just how weak he is.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dave Smith clearly knew what was going on, hence hitching the NRL to Moore park rebuild from the beginning.

ANZ might not be a bad outcome if its done as the designs posted on here, but certainly wont put Sydney on the map for sports stadia.

As for NRL, its just another Ch9 "Use it or lose it" moment for one of the weakest sports administrations in the country.

Raiderdave

First Grade
this is tripe

utter tripe

how can this be tolerated
the new venue will be barely any better then the piece of poop we have now !!
so why bother
why do anything
the top tiers needs to be brought closer along with the lower ones to make it a

PROPER f**kING RECTANGLE VENUE

as a sport we've caved
we talked tough , but when it came to the crunch
we folded like soft cocks

Oh
we hoped for a rebuild

but whadaya gunna do ??

WTF ?????

seriously ??
theres plenty you can do .... like telling the NSW Govt to
GET f**kED !!!!

our promised stadium will be lipstick on a pig ... & we're coping it

not good enough
not even close to being good enough !!!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Dave Smith clearly knew what was going on, hence hitching the NRL to Moore park rebuild from the beginning.

ANZ might not be a bad outcome if its done as the designs posted on here, but certainly wont put Sydney on the map for sports stadia.

As for NRL, its just another Ch9 "Use it or lose it" moment for one of the weakest sports administrations in the country.

its not going to be done like those designs

the lower bowls moved closer
26K upper seats to remain too far away & at a dreadful gradient
a hotch botched , half solution to what our code , & Sydney needs

& the countries largest city is supposed to compete with the other capitals for events with this are they ??

Raiderdave

First Grade
Greenberg is a gutless moron
Beattie barely any better
paper tigers
dogs with plenty of bark , & zero bite ... gummy sharks

how can we spend the same money on a venue that gets about 30 sporting events a year .. including only 12 odd RL games
up against one that gets up to 60 events , including the states biggest sporting events in Origins & Grand Finals & is supposed to be the cities & states premier sporting venue in the population heartland of the nations largest city

this outrageous decision cannot go unchallenged
this wishy washy cow in charge of the nations biggest state changes her mind at a whim & the slightest bit of pressure

this ludicrous , laughable decision should be howled down at every opportunity
if the gutless clowns who supposedly run our code won't stand up for it , or us

then we should

f**k the SCG TRUST
f**k the ALLIANZ REBUILD

down grade that elitist eastern suburbs toff nosed self indulgent wank to a Parramatta stadium sized 30K seat project
& funnel the 400 Million saved into ANZ & do it propely

Timbo

Staff member
I'll wait till I see the designs before I pass judgement.

I doubt the top tiers can be completely unchanged, despite what the early reports say.

Raiderdave

First Grade
so the budget is 1.6 billion approx.
800 odd Million isn't enough to get a rebuild done at Homebush or a proper refurbishment despite the original plan for a refurbishment including moving in the upper decks coming in at around 700 million

if Allianz has to be knocked down , why ... why does it need to be the plan in place ??
that's right
it doesn't
just the same way the NSW Govt abandon .... 2.. plans now for ANZ
they can do it a 3rd time & downsize the plan for Moore Park
it is illogical & extravagant for its size & return for sport in Sydney

ANZ has to be the priority
1.2 Billion should get us something close to what is needed

jargan83

Coach
What happened to the tough talk from Peter Beattie a fortnight or so back? Looks like Rugby League administrators have bent over and settled for second best.

Latest posts