What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
So basically we are giving the AFL a 5 year window to get giants into a team that can get 35k+ to a game..

Then ANZ will be forever oval

Reactions: Vee

jim_57

Staff member
Must say I think if Allianz is built to plan with club mode it'll be a great ground for Rugby League in Sydney. If it comes at the expense of ANZ it will be disappointing though.

Lastly, something seemed "right" about Souths playing at Allianz even if they did stink up the joint with their performance tonight. The club and their fans will be better judges of what is right for them though obviously.

Must say I think if Allianz is built to plan with club mode it'll be a great ground for Rugby League in Sydney. If it comes at the expense of ANZ it will be disappointing though.

Lastly, something seemed "right" about Souths playing at Allianz even if they did stink up the joint with their performance tonight. The club and their fans will be better judges of what is right for them though obviously.

The club mode & designs we’ve seen were just early concepts, no official plan has been released. I have a feeling the club mode will get dropped though. Heard some whispers that it was too expensive.

I heard Stuart Ayres on the radio yesterday and he said they were very close to finalizing the design and something should be released soon.

Hopefully the Roosters are pushing hard for the club mode option, would really improve the atmosphere at their games.

So frustrating the hold the SCG trust have over this situation. Having a gold members section was originally a way of helping to fund the stadium, but that funding isn’t needed anymore. The membership model of the stadium really hurts the tenants.

Last edited:
Have heard that Venues NSW will be strongly encouraging tenants of ANZ to take their smaller games to WSS, hopefully we see something from the bulldogs soon.

Hopefully we see ANZ end up a big game venue only.

jim_57

Staff member
Have heard that Venues NSW will be strongly encouraging tenants of ANZ to take their smaller games to WSS, hopefully we see something from the bulldogs soon.

Hopefully we see ANZ end up a big game venue only.

Where will they play when ANZ is being redone? Surely not all at Belmore or Allianz.