What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

taipan

Referee
I thought they have had 20K to a regular match? One not featuring a local side either. It's a bit shit ragging on a 37K regular season crowd. It's one of the bright spots this year in terms of crowds and one of the best advertisements for the game this year.

For a start I'm not sh*tting on the crowd.I'm simply pointing out it was a unique double header involving clubs like the Storm/Warriors/Souths as an argument for what to expect for a home team is a bit rich.The latter two with big WA followings and people going over from the east.It was also in a unique exciting stadium ,even I would love to attend.To use that as one example as to the support at NIB is a bit rich.

Yes they have had the odd 20,000,just like Sydney clubs which PR wants to flick have had.
In effect what happens, you remove one and gain one, and your fan base remains not that much unchanged.

Sydney has had rationalisation, and crowds have remained flat, grassroots only now starting to recover.I doubt the AFL would rationalise further.
The NRL has had so much instability and negative press, further cuts, unless a club is in real financial trouble would create further animosity.From what I gather, the NRL thinks the same.

There are enough players ,here,NZ,PI,PNG and Aussies in SL England to fill two extra expansion teams.And Perth would be one of them.

And you should know the effect of moving Storm home games from Olympic Park to your new stadium,all seater, cover, the effect it has on crowds, membership and probably grassroots.That's where AFL has it, they all have all seater stadiums ,the nRL ATM does not.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is going to be the best NRL stadium in the country.
Finally, this country has realized what a true football stadium should look like, for ALL the rectangular sports. Our attempts in the past have been nothing short of laughable.
Suncorp is probably the best at this stage. AAMI Park tried to be too f**king fancy with it's stupid roof and the expense involved in a capacity upgrade.
Parra has got it perfect with capacity and everything else.
Sure, there will be growing pains at Parra. I just hope they have got the catering and toilet facilities right, because that's where things can go seriously wrong.

Going to be great. So far then we have eels most games and tigers for ?3games confirmed? Bulldogs would be nuts not to make it their home as well. Is there any reluctance from doggies fans to play there over anz?

Vee

First Grade
Going to be great. So far then we have eels most games and tigers for ?3games confirmed? Bulldogs would be nuts not to make it their home as well. Is there any reluctance from doggies fans to play there over anz?
I'm as excited about WSS as everyone else but I think people are going overboard with how many games should be there. Parra and WSW every second week, WT four games confirmed so far. And every man and his dog thinks Bulldogs should play there as well as some Bunnies games. What about wear and tear on the pitch?

They need to invest in those light banks they have at the G to help the grass grow better.

In any case, it will come down to dollars. Whichever ground offers the best deal will attract games and the government will want big dollars to play at WSS so they can start paying it off.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm as excited about WSS as everyone else but I think people are going overboard with how many games should be there. Parra and WSW every second week, WT four games confirmed so far. And every man and his dog thinks Bulldogs should play there as well as some Bunnies games. What about wear and tear on the pitch?

They need to invest in those light banks they have at the G to help the grass grow better.

In any case, it will come down to dollars. Whichever ground offers the best deal will attract games and the government will want big dollars to play at WSS so they can start paying it off.

Didn’t anz pay around $100k a game? Will that deal continue? You would need to be attracting 3-4000 extra fans to cover that at wss. Clubs tend to be lazy so your probably right about them going four the easy money. I’d rather see Souths at new allianz than wss but seems tthey will also gomwho pays them most.

taipan

Referee
He supports a club that can’t even crack 13k in a season they came joint top. He has zero credibility to be talking about anyone’s crowds lol. Nib has sold out 3 times. 38k is a record crowd for rugby league in WA. We’re going ok considering. One area has great potential to help the game grow, one area is a small club going nowhere fast.

I'd be humble in your situation, when you don't have a team.Playing Mr Authority ,on what's right for Sydney..
Yeah growth in junior numbers don't matter and having a strong club from juniors through to the NRL team The population in that "small area "continues to grow, and area with one of the biggest junior rls.
Membership at record levels. Have their own ground which they will develop, without interference by the likes of FitzSimons.And a new Centre of Excellence with $10m already received from the NSW Govt.

Do yourself a favour ,work hard to get a team in Perth,and I'll be cheering you on when you do.But your so called credibility, is shot to ribbons when you continually trollishly bag teams like the Sharks and indeed others.

Anyway this thread is all about stadiums.I applaud the WSS development.I worry about red hanky heads comments that the SFS is not a lay down"watch this space"..

Parramatta - 10 games

Bulldogs - 8 Games

Tigers - 8 games

Plus 1 or 2 finals games.

Wanderers - 13 games (no need for FFA cup or Asian champions league there)

Could easily be done.

Pretty sure they’ve brought in an American firm with some different pitch technology.

Didn’t anz pay around $100k a game? Will that deal continue? You would need to be attracting 3-4000 extra fans to cover that at wss. Clubs tend to be lazy so your probably right about them going four the easy money. I’d rather see Souths at new allianz than wss but seems tthey will also gomwho pays them most.

Once the current contracts at ANZ are finished the money won’t be renewed.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Do we really think now ANZ will be re built?

Liberals are rushing to bulldoze sfs before the election.. to appease scg trust..

Trust will blow costs out hugely.. liberals will lose election

Labor won't honor ANZ

taipan

Referee

Liberals are rushing to bulldoze sfs before the election.. to appease scg trust..

Labor won't honor ANZ

And Shepherd will get his wish for ANZ remaining oval favouring his outfit, and stuff the rectangular codes.
And people wonder ,why one late arrival code gets favours over 3 others in this city ,re infrastructure.
Still you'll be more than happy, and that's all that matters.Hey what.

Marlins

Juniors
Labor will f**k it up. The Libs will remain. SFS to go ahead with it’s ridiculous 800m rebuild. Homebush will start to get knocked down/Refurbished after 19’ GF. Wether it is a complete $1B rebuild as originallly planned,or a touch up is still up in the air.

Labor won't honor ANZ

Yes if Labor win it’s in serious peril.

In the end it may not be the worst outcome for rugby league if it forces teams to take more games away from ANZ. But it will be a bad outcome for Sydney, left without a proper world class stadium.

Labor will f**k it up. The Libs will remain. SFS to go ahead with it’s ridiculous 800m rebuild. Homebush will start to get knocked down/Refurbished after 19’ GF. Wether it is a complete $1B rebuild as originallly planned,or a touch up is still up in the air.

There’s no point doing anything unless they completely rebuild the lower bowl up to levels 3/4.

That would be enough to make it a greatly improved stadium, level 6 is only used 4-5 times a year.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Labor won't honor ANZ

Tbh that wouldn’t be a bad outcome. Then in a few years knock it down and do it properly.

Reactions: Vee