What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

franklin2323

Immortal
Sack the trust and replace them with whoever... the fact the new Trust is still going to responsible for an unsafe stadium. . Hillsborough enquiry found the following.
"
The inquest jury delivers its verdict. Among the 14 questions it is asked to decide upon, it concludes that the 96 people who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed, overturning the verdict of accidental death at the original inquest.

It adds that no behaviour on the part of Liverpool fans contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles. This, at last, comprehensively exonerates the supporters who were blamed for causing the disaster in its immediate aftermath.

Defects in the construction and layout of the stadium contributed to the disaster, the inquest finds, adding that “errors and omissions” by the entire police operation on the day contributed to the causes of the disaster. It adds that errors and omissions in the stadium’s layout and design, and its lack of a valid safety certificate also contributed to the tragedy, as did Sheffield Wednesday FC’s preparation for the match.

Maybe so but the new board maybe better to deal with to get capacity reduced etc. If it is unsafe fine but put a business case for why it needs to be size it is

Maybe so but the new board maybe better to deal with to get capacity reduced etc. If it is unsafe fine but put a business case for why it needs to be size it is

Michael Daley want sack the most of the board and replace them. His Shadow Minister, Lynda Voltz, reckons the whole shebang should be wound up and management of the SCG and DSFS precinct be placed under Venues NSW. Personally, I'd prefer option (b). Its time the SCG Trust stopped being used as a sinecure of power.

franklin2323

Immortal
Michael Daley want sack the most of the board and replace them. His Shadow Minister, Lynda Voltz, reckons the whole shebang should be wound up and management of the SCG and DSFS precinct be placed under Venues NSW. Personally, I'd prefer option (b). Its time the SCG Trust stopped being used as a sinecure of power.

Which is fine. Then you wouldn't get the self interest that the trust has shown and would get them doing best for the whole state

taipan

Referee
This is the same Michael Daley who stated he did not know Eddie Obeid well.Yet gave Obeid kudos in his first speech, when he (Daley) first entered parliament for assisting him.
The same Daley who did not disclose the $500,000 the Labour Club provide to the party when he was on the local council, and which approved a $5m extension to their building.
Yep I trust Michael implicitly.
I also believe the Libs stuffed up on the light rail in the city.Costing businesses and owners their livelihoods.

But geez these anti stadium tactics are just typical party opposition grandstanding, to grab the popular votes.Also by the arm twisting of the Greens and some genuinely concerned locals.

Any party that leaves a stadium like Allianz in the current state of "undress"
by doing nothing, deserves turfing at the next election.

Daley made the comment with the $2.2bn saved he will build hospitals and schools.
Yet he is going to spend huge sums on the South Coast rail nearly $2b, and stop the badly needed F6 development.
Where do these guys get off?

Delboy

First Grade
Daley and his current antics are the definition of Labour policy "whatever it takes" as per Graham Richardson.

The possibility of a Greens/ Labour/ Clover Moore triumvirate in control of the state is terrifying. No doubt Gladys has made the odd mistake and the greyhound fiasco under Baird and light rail hasn't helped, but this stadium building being blamed for everything but the Black Plague is a terrifying insight into the future.

Even Latham managed to destroy the policy nightmare of Daley today, and he's no genius. We need the stadium building to,proceed, and no doubt if Daley is in charge when BankWest Stadium is opened, he will be front and centre.

Daley and his current antics are the definition of Labour policy "whatever it takes" as per Graham Richardson.

The possibility of a Greens/ Labour/ Clover Moore triumvirate in control of the state is terrifying. No doubt Gladys has made the odd mistake and the greyhound fiasco under Baird and light rail hasn't helped, but this stadium building being blamed for everything but the Black Plague is a terrifying insight into the future.

Even Latham managed to destroy the policy nightmare of Daley today, and he's no genius. We need the stadium building to,proceed, and no doubt if Daley is in charge when BankWest Stadium is opened, he will be front and centre.

Mark Latham is loose as a goose, but I can assure you he’s highly intelligent. One of the best policy minds in labor’s history, has an extremely high IQ from what I understand too.

Not an endorsement of his current direction mind you.

Mark Latham is loose as a goose, but I can assure you he’s highly intelligent. One of the best policy minds in labor’s history, has an extremely high IQ from what I understand too.

There've been many MPs who were very intelligent and had qualifications up to the yin yang who as legislators and Ministers were complete and utter duds.

There've been many MPs who were very intelligent and had qualifications up to the yin yang who as legislators and Ministers were complete and utter duds.

Sure, but the idea he’s stupid is silly. Latham knows policy better than most, he wasn’t effective in communication but he’s always been across the details.

Timbo

Staff member

I am absolutely certain that Latham had a minor stroke at some point that went undiagnosed.

How on earth do you go from leader of the ALP to being so far right that Bob Katter reckons you need to back it off a skooch otherwise?

I am absolutely certain that Latham had a minor stroke at some point that went undiagnosed.

How on earth do you go from leader of the ALP to being so far right that Bob Katter reckons you need to back it off a skooch otherwise?

It’s a weird one, but he was always a firebrand. Remember the taxi incident? The George Bush comments? I think he’s this combination of intelligence & nationalist.

T-Boon

Coach
How much does the demolition job cost? They should just get Matt Lodge in to do it after a few drinks.

Reactions: Vee
It’s a weird one, but he was always a firebrand. Remember the taxi incident? The George Bush comments? I think he’s this combination of intelligence & nationalist.

The NIMBY’s in and around the CBD are just something else. Apparently on the metro west they didn’t go ahead with a station between five dock & white bay because of the headache. Similar protests over the Bondi beach train line back in the 1990’s.

Delboy

First Grade
Are you getting paid to say this stuff?
We are realists in the current political stoush, which has nothing to do with reality.

Daley is using $2 billion in a $90 billion infrastructure spend on schools, hospitals and roads as a symbolic launch pad. No need to underline what his stance will do to the best performing state, still tough to understand why people other than the inner city greens actually think it makes sense.

M2D2

Bench
Haha.
Shove that up your arse Michael Daley and all the local Greenies./NIMBYS.
Member when you said you were a labor voter and i called you out on that being bullshit
st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u6.jpg