What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

steeden.

Juniors
ANZ stadium officially cancelled. Be interesting to see the NRL’s response.

NRL was totally outplayed here unfortunately, ANZ should’ve gone first but instead they caved and Allianz went first. Out of all this we’ve only got stadiums that basically benefit 2 clubs. Total disaster.

What an unsurprising turn of events. SCG Trust got their way.

Time for the NRL to show they’re serious and move the grand final

T-Boon

Coach
NRL was totally outplayed here unfortunately, ANZ should’ve gone first but instead they caved and Allianz went first. Out of all this we’ve only got stadiums that basically benefit 2 clubs. Total disaster.

In my opinion it would be weird if Souths don't move to Moore Park and reclaim the city and surrounds. And the Tigers and Dogs need to think about Moore Park or Bankwest.

In my opinion it would be weird if Souths don't move to Moore Park and reclaim the city and surrounds. And the Tigers and Dogs need to think about Moore Park or Bankwest.

Souths have been pretty adamant their future is in the west. Dogs at Parramatta makes sense, but they’ll need to swallow some pride.

Valheru

Coach
Moore park is not just for the roosters, never has been. It's not even just for the NRL.

Roosters, waratahs and sydney FC are already confirmed tenants meaning unlike ANZ it will be used year round.

Wallabies and Socceroos will also use it for all but their biggest games.

I find it likely that souths will move there full time and possibly dragons down the track.

Moore park is not just for the roosters, never has been. It's not even just for the NRL.

Roosters, waratahs and sydney FC are already confirmed tenants meaning unlike ANZ it will be used year round.

Wallabies and Socceroos will also use it for all but their biggest games.

I find it likely that souths will move there full time and possibly dragons down the track.

No one said it was. I was talking from the perspective of what the NRL got out of all of this. Remember it was the NRL that led the charge for the stadium rebuilds, the other codes hardly lifted a finger.

$750m is an absurd amount of money for what is essentially just a club stadium. Wallabies will use it once a year, Socceroos hardly ever.

Marlins

Juniors
I’m glad there’re not going ahead with the refurbishment of Homebush. Bad idea, 70k refurb. It should either stay as is, for now, or a total rebuild. And imo I wouldn’t decrease the size, Sydney should have a 80k-100k big premium event stadium.

All watch, King Emperor Lord Vlandy’s will get what he wants. Suburban ground upgrades/Refurbs/Rebuilds coming in.
All things are pointing to the NRL persisting with suburban grounds, And money being dedicated to them.

I’m glad there’re not going ahead with the refurbishment of Homebush. Bad idea, 70k refurb. It should either stay as is, for now, or a total rebuild. And imo I wouldn’t decrease the size, Sydney should have a 80k-100k big premium event stadium.

All watch, King Emperor Lord Vlandy’s will get what he wants. Suburban ground upgrades/Refurbs/Rebuilds coming in.
All things are pointing to the NRL persisting with suburban grounds, And money being dedicated to them.

I doubt the suburban grounds get money, sounds like it’s being diverted to shovel ready projects.

80k is an okay size if it’s done properly with a club mode, but 100k is way too big for Sydney. We just don’t have the attendance culture. Sadly I suspect this was our best chance to get ANZ done for decades.

If the bulldogs go to BankWest and Souths go back to Moore Park, it won’t be the worst result. I just have real doubts they’ll do it. Instead persisting with playing out of the soulless ANZ. I see no point with rugby league using ANZ unless it’s for SOO or the GF, but rugby league rarely makes the smart choices.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I wanted to see both stadiums revamped, but putting ANZ ahead of Allianz would've been ridiculous given the safety issues around Allianz and the fact it's more than 10 years older.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At least now the NRL has an option for the Grand Final if the T20WC goes ahead

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Anz will never go rectangular now..

Wouldn't be surprised if AFL whack on some giants finals there over next 3-5 years.. if they get more than 25k.. they will demand it stays oval..

magpie_man

Juniors

Great news! I look forward to some much-needed suburban stadium upgrades and the NRL GF going on the road. Get it done Vlad the Impaler.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Time for nrl to get sharks and dragons in a room and start lobbying for a southern bankwest stadium for them to share.
Re anz, decision was obviously going to happen.its not a bad call, australia needs a world class national stadium and lipstick stuck on Anz wasn’t going to be it.
Hope to god clubs now take their games to the decent stadiums to play and the cavernous empty seats of anz become a distant memory.

Latest posts