What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The current Brookvale upgrade is just the centre of excellence which includes a northern stand. The proper upgrade will be announced soon and I imagine will include a complete rebuilding of the old stands as well as a new stand on the hill. That would be logical.

MugaB

Coach
The current Brookvale upgrade is just the centre of excellence which includes a northern stand. The proper upgrade will be announced soon and I imagine will include a complete rebuilding of the old stands as well as a new stand on the hill. That would be logical.
That and possibly NOT fixing up Brookvale, but instead they should be building a brand new stadium, more closer to public transport, and not so far away from manly beach, maybe closer to the spit bridge, although there isn't many reserves or land around there

we don't have an open cheque book to build new stadiums everywhere , maybe one max & the rest will be new stands configured into existing venues
Its either liverpool or penrith for the new venue & tbh , I think the case for liverpool is stronger seeing as it will have more tenants & a lot more use so easier to justify from a govt point of view.
It'll cost 400 million to build a good 25K seater there.

Brookvale only needs an eastern stand to be an all seater
Kogarah the same
Penrith stands at either end
this work can be done quickly & have the ground operating whilst the work is being done
600 million to get the above done.

The sharks ground is privately owned & shouldn't get tax payer money for upgrades

Colk

First Grade
That and possibly NOT fixing up Brookvale, but instead they should be building a brand new stadium, more closer to public transport, and not so far away from manly beach, maybe closer to the spit bridge, although there isn't many reserves or land around there

Manly getting away from Brookvale could be the best thing to happen for all stakeholders. Firstly, Brookvale Oval needs constant refurbishment (essentially it is a ground that is only suitable for second tier competitions) and it is hard to justify when there is only one tenant.

Secondly, moving Manly away from Brookvale might force them to look outside their existing area and attract new supporters from the North Sydney area which would help remove the continual bring back the Bears sentiment

TheRam

Coach
Manly getting away from Brookvale could be the best thing to happen for all stakeholders. Firstly, Brookvale Oval needs constant refurbishment (essentially it is a ground that is only suitable for second tier competitions) and it is hard to justify when there is only one tenant.

Secondly, moving Manly away from Brookvale might force them to look outside their existing area and attract new supporters from the North Sydney area which would help remove the continual bring back the Bears sentiment

Really if they refurbish Brooky it is such a narrow and small aspirational viewpoint from all parties concerned.

It needs to be on a train line more central to all of the north shore. Building it in Brooky is thumbing their nose at the greater northern area of Sydney and basically saying stuff ya, we only care about this immediate area. The rest of ya can go and get f**ked!

Colk

First Grade
Exactly right TheRam. For a club that has struggled off field in terms of sponsorship and supporters it makes very little sense from the outside. Whether you use an existing facility like the SFS or angle for a new stadium I don’t know but Manly need to find a facility more accessible to a greater number of supporters

T-Boon

Coach
Yep Manly have a history of relocating (twice since 1995) so I would not be spending a cent at Brookvale.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
I heard different a few weeks back, can you post the link please?

I heard it was Brookvale upgrade 1st, then Penrith brand new stadium across the road on the paceways, NO to Kogarah as not many games of 1st grade in any code to justify any refurbishment (*same as Leichardt), then Liverpool brand new on dogs land out there, purpose built for Bulls/Dogs.. and then the fantasy of tigers based there too... bwahahaha
Where did you hear this?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Note the word shouldn’t. He is not saying that it won’t happen, he is saying that he is against it which considering it is a privately owned asset is probably a fair call
Yes and no.

If it received govt funding it wouldn’t be for free. There would be agreements about its use moving forward which the sharks would have no issue with. The more tenants attracting people to the area the better when you have a brand new development attached.

Some of the most recent posts have confirmed my thoughts regarding brooky even being in the conversation. It wouldn’t be on the radar at all if I had any skin in the game, who else would use it other than MWRLFC

MugaB

Coach
Where did you hear this?

Screenshot_20211108-012933_Samsung Internet.jpg
This was mentioned as a possible complete rebuild of the stadium to hold upto 30k

Not sure where i heard of the paceway being the site, maybe just hearsay, but i did read it somewhere... (possibly hear on the forum as a suggestion maybe)

As for Kogarah and Leichardt, i dont see a need other than fixing up amenities really, the grounds arent that bad, its more the buildings/kiosks/toilets around the grounds that need attention.. this could still be done without overspending, and really since dragons spend 5-6 home games a year at kogarah and tigers spend 3 games max a year there at leichardt, doesn't seem to be a need to build in future, not since the new SFS can accommodate those two teams... but again there's heritage value i suppose

Last edited:

TheEroticGamer

Juniors

View attachment 55758
This was mentioned as a possible complete rebuild of the stadium to hold upto 30k

Not sure where i heard of the paceway being the site, maybe just hearsay, but i did read it somewhere... (possibly hear on the forum as a suggestion maybe)

As for Kogarah and Leichardt, i dont see a need other than fixing up amenities really, the grounds arent that bad, its more the buildings/kiosks/toilets around the grounds that need attention.. this could still be done without overspending, and really since dragons spend 5-6 home games a year at kogarah and tigers spend 3 games max a year there at leichardt, doesn't seem to be a need to build in future, not since the new SFS can accommodate those two teams... but again there's heritage value i suppose
Nothing about paceways?