What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Personally I don’t want to see Brisbane 3 be the 18th team. Perth is the next one if we are going way outside the east coast.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
I don't care, my only concern is NRL and its current clubs, over saturation is just a throwaway line, for expansionist that are looking at Sydney and trying to simplify it, taking away a current sydney club wont grow the pie, keeping the brands alive ALL brands including the expansion clubs is the way forward, and also only adding clubs from areas without representation, in otherwords no more new NSW teams, yes add Perth, Adelaide, PNG, NZ2, P.Is, more QLDs whatever, but keep what existing, the biggest mistake RL ever did was cull and merge teams, yes there was 22 at one stage, and was unsustainable, but if the league had the set up we have now, with Grants, Salary caps on Players and Coaching Staff, maybe Reds, Rams, Hunters, Orcas, Silktails and other teams exists and the comp thrives being that most of the clubs 30 years ago were either run badly or weren't giving a chance to blossom further... my hope is that we can get more teams, in a larger comp at a salary cap of 7 million player and coach/staff cap at 3 million.
as teams have way too much to spend on each 30man squad.. paying overs for run of the mill average joes... and get more 1st presence all over Oceania, change the "National" part of our games name to Pacific or Oceania .. and if we can get to 24 teams in the comp spread across the Pacific, sydney with its 9 clubs isn't an issue, not when expansion teams outnumber them close to 2 to 1
The most sensible post I've seen in regards to expansion on this forum. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Personally I don’t want to see Brisbane 3 be the 18th team. Perth is the next one if we are going way outside the east coast.
If things keep going the way they are over in WA with their government all but cutting themselves off from the rest of the country we should probably move on from Perth indefinitely.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If things keep going the way they are over in WA with their government all but cutting themselves off from the rest of the country we should probably move on from Perth indefinitely.
Yeh if we are expecting a once in a century global pandemic to be indefinite or reoccurring you might be right lol

Tiger Shark

Bench
tbf the 2020 financial report was made to look a lot healthier due to the one off $11.8million payment from the developers ringfenced for the LC refurbishment which was in lieu of claiming ongoing revenue from the retail land. If you take that out they made a $2mill loss in 2020 on top of a $3million loss in 2019. We haven't seen the 2021 figures yet.

You can't just omit figures because it doesn't your agenda. LOL

Ozzi_78

First Grade
And it's a very good product on TV.

Also it's a bit of a lottery on what games are on before the main game. Need to bring back Flegg and NSW cup so you can get your money's worth and watch 3 games
Will probably put some noses out but the Chicks won’t cut it. I must be the only person who has zero interest in it.

Nah. Double the population on the GC and nearest NRL club is 1hr by car away.

Sharks nearest is over a bridge away.
You don't know it, but you've just explained why The Sharks should go to Adelaide.

Southern Sydney has a population of 500k, yet it has two teams that it cannot support. The two have taken turns at being weak and on death's door since the 1990s and the Dragons lost their dominance around the time The Sharks entered the NSWRL.

How can anyone justify this when the Ipswich/Logan area has a higher population, more passionate rugby league fans, produces more players but has zero NRL teams?

Only a one-sided Sydneysider can argue in favour of the imbalance.

If The Sharks rebranded as the Southern Sydney Sharks and represented the entire Southern Sydney area, with the Dragons shipped to Wollongong, then it might have a chance to become a big powerful club. But as it stands, there's no chance of them being anything more than a small club with a parochial but small fanbase.

Nope I’m saying the Gold Coast aren’t pulling their weight.
I don't disagree with you. It would help if the club was an extention of a local team, like the Burleigh Bears, who are based not that far from Robina Stadium. Gold Coast Bears would be an ace brand and a shot at AwFuL, as the old Brisbane Bears fumbleball club was based on the Goldie.

Croz Au

Juniors
And it's a very good product on TV.

Also it's a bit of a lottery on what games are on before the main game. Need to bring back Flegg and NSW cup so you can get your money's worth and watch 3 games
Oh yes
Presidents cup, reserve grade and firsts …

Could have sworn it his was a stadium thread rather than a crowd thread. Sadly for all the haters the Sharks have gone from one of the most vulnerable clubs to having a very bright future in just a handful of years. I’d suggest you hold fire on the Sharks until you see how the game day experience and stadium pans out in the next 18 months or so. Glad that Vlad and his cronies see it that way too.
I would be happy to see your club rebrand as the Southern Sydney Sharks and market itself to all 500k residents of the Southern Sydney region. Split games between Kogarah and Shark Park. If you did that you could become a much bigger club in the long-term. Over time your club would run the Dragons out of Sydney or into extinction. There's just not enough room for two teams in Southern Sydney.

Croz Au

Juniors
You don't know it, but you've just explained why The Sharks should go to Adelaide.

Southern Sydney has a population of 500k, yet it has two teams that it cannot support. The two have taken turns at being weak and on death's door since the 1990s and the Dragons lost their dominance around the time The Sharks entered the NSWRL.

How can anyone justify this when the Ipswich/Logan area has a higher population, more passionate rugby league fans, produces more players but has zero NRL teams?

Only a one-sided Sydneysider can argue in favour of the imbalance.

If The Sharks rebranded as the Southern Sydney Sharks and represented the entire Southern Sydney area, with the Dragons shipped to Wollongong, then it might have a chance to become a big powerful club. But as it stands, there's no chance of them being anything more than a small club with a parochial but small fanbase.
Small club? we have the 2nd biggest junior RL nursery. We have laid the foundations of being a powerful club. We are doing a lot of good things that have been kept quiet and setting up for success.
a lot of clubs in the competition are focused on RL income and that’s it’s; whilst sharks haven’t we diversified.
I have lived in Sydney a few times, though I have lived in many locations away from the shire, ie: Darwin, Townsville, Newcastle, Brisbane and so on. You see numerous of sharks fans up at those locations hah
Here is an honest question for you, who do you follow?