What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Atmosphere? Is THAT all you've got for an argument?

In a decently designed modern stadium (steep stands, close to the sidelines, modern amenities) there's TONS of atmosphere.

Problem is we haven't had properly designed 21st century stadiums that are constructed solely for footy until Bankwest was built... and you just have to see the effect THAT has had - now everyone wants their own Bankwest!
As much as I detest the Wanderers with every fibre of my being if it wasn't for them Bankwest/CommBank would never have been built.

Prior to the late Bourbon Becky's infamous shame file the Wanderers had to cap their members at 20K such was the demand for season ticket memberships.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
if sharks could play out of a bankwest stadium within half hour commute and then sell the rest of the land off for property and actually keep the $50mill this time not use it to pay off debts or do things up wouldnt that be a good outcome? More residents for the pokie den as well.
Are you and GroundZero one and the same? Your constant Cronulla hate is becoming an absolute joke.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
read it again more like 30 or 40 games a year all Sydney games played in only 5 stadiums. except sharks off course play in your pissy little undeveloped 3rd world stadium.
Be f**ked if I’m gonna read that dribble again….struggled with it the first time. I guess at least if Oki Joki gets an upgrade it wouldn’t have to be big enough for semi’s because the Goons don’t play them.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
It is also people from Newcastle. Sydney needs to learn from Newcastle by having less teams and less stadiums.
My point exactly…. People from outside Sydney giving advice on what works best in Sydney…. I’d say worry about your own shit. Be f**ked if I’d ever try and advise another city on what would work there. Not to mention giving advice on public transport and what the punters want etc. etc.

TGG

Juniors
The evidence is everywhere that newer all seater stadiums or at least improved facilities draw better than the suburban grounds:

Parra
Averaged 18k at Bankwest in 2018 when it opened, their 5th highest season average in their history, up 11k from the previous year. They had averaged 14k over the ten years before Bankwest opened.

Souths
80's pre-SFS average: 8k
SFS era (1988 to 2005): 9k
ANZ era (2006 to 2019): 15k

Dogs
80's & 90's pre-ANZ average: 10k
ANZ era (1999 to 2019) average: 17k

Broncos
Lang Park era (Suncorp Stadium - pre-rebuild, 1988 - 1992) average: 19k
ANZ Stadium era (1993 - 2001) average: 25k
Suncorp Stadium era (post-rebuild, 2001 - 2019) average: 31k

Canberra
Seiffert Oval era (1982 - 1989) average: 8k
Bruce Stadium era (1990 - 2019) average: 12k

Roosters
80's pre-SFS era average: 7k
SFS era (1988 - 2019) average: 12k

That is not even mentioning the same thing happening in AFL with all of the Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide clubs.

Spot on.

And that’s what the new wave of fans want. They want to be able to go to a modern stadium, that has is comfortable to be in, has short lines for food and toilets, good connections to internet and for some of the female fans, a safe place to be where they aren’t going to be crushed by some fans who’ve had too much to drink on some wet and greasy hill. Despite what people who post on a forum may think. Young people don’t post on forums.

Bankwest stadium is a thousand times better than Parramatta stadium (which itself was a million times better than Brookvale and Kogarah).

TGG

Juniors
Just because there’s an unneeded “s” on a word there doesn’t mean you need to misquote what was written.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nah
My point exactly…. People from outside Sydney giving advice on what works best in Sydney…. I’d say worry about your own shit. Be f**ked if I’d ever try and advise another city on what would work there. Not to mention giving advice on public transport and what the punters want etc. etc.
yeh youve not mentioned perth or Adelaide at all in the expansion threads lol.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Hate? I’m putting forward an opportunity for Cronulla to genuinely be one of the financially strongest clubs around Playing in a state of the art stadium.
Problem with your constant hate filled nonsense is we are currently financially strong right now.

You conveniently forget the development that is currently under construction is putting us in position to be one of the richest clubs in the league.

We get it you are desperate for a Perth team to be in the NRL but your constant deathriding of the Sharks is in the same class as Paul Kent's constant bullshit.

Latest posts