What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cherry pickin MF he is, i read that thread, that twat grotd is on a smear campaign, you watch anytime you reply to him, he'll throw that out of context garbage at you on repeat, like some little child.. the only satisfying part of it, is knowing that his town he lives in wasnt worthy of even a BRL team (scorpions), and will never get another one, purely coz of wankers just like grotd
Man that’s a lot of hate for someone youve never met and has had no real influence in your life! It’s ok to have different opinions.

tis the season to be jolly, far lalala and all that………

I feel like if aircraft like the Concorde still existed and had gained mainstream traction, perhaps we could have looked at places like Singapore and Hong Kong with all the expats. But the reality is it's too far away for regular showings.
Brisbane to Singapore is currently 7h45min.

Brisbane to Perth is 4h30min.

Perth is definitely doable. Singapore is a going to be difficult.

The big advantage to having teams in Singapore and Perth is they're in the same time zone. Add those two teams and NZ2 then we could have three games every Friday with a game played at 7.30pm in NZ, AEST, Perth/Singapore.

Being top dog on poor islands of 100k people isn’t a great target!
The only reason I would target these small islands is because Polynesians and Melanesians have the perfect body type for rugby league and there's a large expatriate community in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. My long term goal would be to recruit players from the south Pacific and expand the game at the professional level through southeast Asia. Players from the south Pacific could make a nice living playing in wealthy southeast Asian countries that share an Austronesian history while living relatively close to home. The tropical climate of southeast Asia would be better than the cold of Europe.

Pippen94

First Grade

The big advantage to having teams in Singapore and Perth is they're in the same time zone. Add those two teams and NZ2 then we could have three games every Friday with a game played at 7.30pm in NZ, AEST, Perth/Singapore.

Great, clubs can spend millions on travel with little return for league

And why is League most under threat from these games played in London?
1. Rugby league is a minority aport in London that lags well behind soccer and rugby union.
2. American football shares more commonalities with rugby league than any other football code. If it gains a strong foothold in London then I'd hate to see the impact it has on the rest of the country.

View attachment 68657

Thread needs more stadium chat......
Queensland gov should bid for the 2029 RLWC and host the semifinals in Townsville Stadium and Robina Stadium, with the final in Brisbane. A perfect lead-in to the 2032 Brisbane Games. Stage the pool games across Queensland in cities like Cairns, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Moreton Bay, Mackay and Ipswich if it gets a boutique stadium.

Last edited:
You and he can believe what you like but that doesnt make it real.

And in any case thats not why ive been absent for a bit. Things happening elsewhere that dont involve people like you, that are worth my time.
Tell that to your disciple @Phil McGrawhan. He's the one who brought you into the discussion and made the accusation.

Deny it all you like buddy, but you were exposed for putting words in my mouth.

Man that’s a lot of hate for someone youve never met and has had no real influence in your life! It’s ok to have different opinions.

tis the season to be jolly, far lalala and all that………

I took @MugaB of ignore momentarily to see what you were responding to. Like usual he's full of shit, so I've put him back on ignore.

Logan currently has a team in the BRL called the Beenleigh Pride RLFC.

Here's a video of them playing against Fortitude Valley Diehards in the 2022 finals.

A few years ago we had Logan Brothers playing in the BRL. Logan Brothers are the largest club from the Pastoral Brothers Leprechauns Confraternity and the man behind the Brothers NRL bid has an association with them.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Singapore would def be the best away game trip of the season for sure!

Perth Red

Post Whore
1. Rugby league is a minority aport in London that lags well behind soccer and rugby union.
2. American football shares more commonalities with rugby league than any other football code. If it gains a strong foothold in London then I'd hate to see the impact it has on the rest of the country.
It did, London monarchs. Filled wembley. Made zero impact on RL.

Singapore would def be the best away game trip of the season for sure!
It would be a great destination for English, Canadian and Papuan RL players looking to compete in the NRL. Melbourne Storm helped Papuans who were overlooked by the other clubs get a spot in the NRL and thrive.
Clubs don’t pay for travel, doh!
That's right. In the mid-90s they did due to the ARL only getting $10m from Packer for the broadcast rights, but with the amount of money paid by Foxtel and Ch9 over the last 20 years it has covered by the NRL for years.
It did, London monarchs. Filled wembley. Made zero impact on RL.

The professionalisation of RU has hurt RL. I really fear what a London-based NFL team will do to RL. We already have players jumping ship to play RU for the money and big crowds at Twickenham that England draw to their Tests. A London-based NFL team can draw those crowds 8 times a year and offer substantially more money to their players than the RFU and RFL can provide. The NFL would target RL and RU players for a London-based franchise. The NFL Commissioner reckons London can easily support two teams and plans on having a 4 team European division. If that happens then our sport will become even more niche and regionalises in England than it is today. The national media attention will be sucked up by soccer, RU and NFL. Thank God we're a summer sport in England and won't be competing with the NFL every week for fans.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Cherry pickin MF he is, i read that thread, that twat grotd is on a smear campaign, you watch anytime you reply to him, he'll throw that out of context garbage at you on repeat, like some little child.. the only satisfying part of it, is knowing that his town he lives in wasnt worthy of even a BRL team (scorpions), and will never get another one, purely coz of wankers just like grotd

This thread is much better with him on ignore

Meanwhile back to stadiums. What happened to the Sharks 300 million dollar upgrade off Shark park.
They don't have the money for it and the NSW gov won't fund it because the ground is owned by the Sharks.

Cronulla got themselves into debt a few years back and needed to sell their stake in the Woolooware retail development for just $39m. A little over half of the $39m they got for selling their stake went on paying off debts and expanding their Leagues Club. There isn't enough space to rebuild Shark Park and there certainly isn't enough money within the club's coffers to fund it. If the club has any brains it'll sell Shark Park to a developer and relocate permanently to the SFS.

Manufactured? ROFLMAO. You do realise the Rugby League World Cup has been in existence and played for since 1954?! The idea to have one was actully mooted in 1951 by the then President of the French Rugby League, which was endorsed by the IRL Board in 1953 and France hosted the first tournament in 1954, which was won by Great Britain.
Yes a world cup of sorts and in name only was held in 1954 where only 4 teams participated in it - France/Great Britain/Australia/New Zealand.

France have well and truly fallen away as far as League goes at an International Level and England will be lucky to win another Major Comp in League - Bit like in Football (1966)

It is manufactured though - Great Britain split up into England/Wales/Scotland/Ireland plus add Rugby Union mad nations such as Tonga , Samoa , Fiji and even Cook Islands with a population of 17k plays in it.

I didn't even know Greece and Jamaica played league and well one can say judging by the results neither did they.

Maybe later on they can have North and South New Zealand as separate teams to increase the numbers.

The only country in the World where League is a national sport is PNG.

I think people are kidding themselves in thinking there is some sort of Rugby League Renaissance at the International level though.

Yes a world cup of sorts and in name only was held in 1954 where only 4 teams participated in it - France/Great Britain/Australia/New Zealand.

France have well and truly fallen away as far as League goes at an International Level and England will be lucky to win another Major Comp in League - Bit like in Football (1966)

It is manufactured though - Great Britain split up into England/Wales/Scotland/Ireland plus add Rugby Union mad nations such as Tonga , Samoa , Fiji and even Cook Islands with a population of 17k plays in it.

I didn't even know Greece and Jamaica played league and well one can say judging by the results neither did they.

Maybe later on they can have North and South New Zealand as separate teams to increase the numbers.

The only country in the World where League is a national sport is PNG.

I think people are kidding themselves in thinking there is some sort of Rugby League Renaissance at the International level though.
At the international level the game is weaker than ever. There was a time 60 years ago when Australia, France, Great Britain and New Zealand could field teams made up of players who were born and raised in the countries they represented and legitimately compete with each other. PNG became the fifth team to play in the world cup in the 80s or 70s, but by that stage France had fallen off a cliff and Great Britain was in steep decline.

There are amateur competitions in Serbia and Russia, but nothing of significance. I think they play on soccer fields and don’t even have goalposts. If the IRL wants to expand the game then it should use the proceeds from this year's RLWC to purchase goalposts and footballs for RL clubs across Europe. Getting the game played at universities across Europe would be a good start so that the University RLWC can become a genuine way of expanding the game.

The worst part about the RLWC is there is very little interest in Australia.

NFL won't be relocating any team to London as Canada would be their next market since there is no NFL team in Canada.

Only one MLB team now as well (Toronto Blue Jays) since the Montreal Expos were relocated to Washington to become the Washington Nationals.

Last edited:
NFL won't be relocating any team to London as Canada would be their next market since there is no NFL team in Canada.

Only one MLB team now (Toronto Blue jays) as well since the Montreal Expos were relocated to Washington to become the Washington Nationals.
The Buffalo Bills took games to Canada, but they didn't draw well. A Canadian team might be in the mix at some stage, but I cannot imagine the country's poor reception to the Buffalo Bills helped their cause.

I think the biggest impediment to a Canadian NFL franchise is the impact it would have on the CFL. It would pretty much kill it off. For that reason there will be opposition to it.

Latest posts