What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

JD-Roo

Juniors
Pretty much this.

The owners of Docklands being the AFL, just to clarify both the Melb City (Heart) and the Rebels inaugural seasons were post the opening of AAMI (they never played at Olympic Park).
For what it's worth, the AFL weren't the owners of Docklands when the development of AAMI was signed. It was a private consortium that had the agreement with the Vic State Govt so they wouldn't lose events to a competing stadium..

Wb1234

Referee
Thanks for telling me a whole raft of stuff I already know because I live in Hobart and am politically aware. Luckily for me I I know more than you about this. It’s more than a few thousand people up in arms. But keep posting. Smart asses like you are amusing.
Yeh the thought that this doesn’t get approved sounds like it will upset that guy lol

Wb1234

Referee
If gould stays around long enough at the dogs it won’t surprise me if belmore gets redone

they still own the land at Liverpool and could probably come up with some funds themselves if needed

accor should never be used for club games again

Pneuma

First Grade
Yeh the thought that this doesn’t get approved sounds like it will upset that guy lol
The stadium won’t affect me either way. I’m not interested in watching rugby league, if it’s ever played there, on a cricket ground and I’m certainly not watching turd ball. The fact is the stadium budget will blow out and its positioning will have a significant impact on access to our underfunded high maintenance hospital. But that’s okay. Football and all that. As for old mate. He’s just an afl troll. Plain as day.

Wb1234

Referee
The stadium won’t affect me either way. I’m not interested in watching rugby league, if it’s ever played there, on a cricket ground and I’m certainly not watching turd ball. The fact is the stadium budget will blow out and its positioning will have a significant impact on access to our underfunded high maintenance hospital. But that’s okay. Football and all that. As for old mate. He’s just an afl troll. Plain as day.
I hope the govt say no to the afl

you watch they will accept the stadium as is with no extra money from the govt

214Four

Juniors

Regarding North Sydney Oval. I hope that the NSW government and the SCG Trust continue the trend they started in the early 80s using NSO as the new home for the SCG's old heritage listed stands.

there will be a ttme when the ladies and members stands at the SCQ will need to make way for a future upgrade.

NSO is already a fav of mine with its picturesque old stands and its hill and high walls around. Its a picturesque ground in a perfect location.

could you imagine how good NSO would look with the ladies and members added to it. It would be one of the most iconic grounds in Australia, it would look like a time capsule

It's Been Done

Juniors

Regarding North Sydney Oval. I hope that the NSW government and the SCG Trust continue the trend they started in the early 80s using NSO as the new home for the SCG's old heritage listed stands.

there will be a ttme when the ladies and members stands at the SCQ will need to make way for a future upgrade.

NSO is already a fav of mine with its picturesque old stands and its hill and high walls around. Its a picturesque ground in a perfect location.

could you imagine how good NSO would look with the ladies and members added to it. It would be one of the most iconic grounds in Australia, it would look like a time capsule
The SCG Trust before they were wound up and merged into Venues NSW had no plans on demolishing or moving the pavilions and they are heritage listed as well. Not sure if there's any provisions for relocating them or similar heritage listed buildings in the relevant Act of Parliament in NSW. But the SCG has bigger problems than those pavilions, such as the awkward looking and placed O'Reilly Stand and where to put the old scoreboard into the precinct again

Pippen94

First Grade

The ladies & members aren't going anywhere. There's no need for a 100k seat oval venue ever

Pippen94

First Grade
The SCG Trust before they were wound up and merged into Venues NSW had no plans on demolishing or moving the pavilions and they are heritage listed as well. Not sure if there's any provisions for relocating them or similar heritage listed buildings in the relevant Act of Parliament in NSW. But the SCG has bigger problems than those pavilions, such as the awkward looking and placed O'Reilly Stand and where to put the old scoreboard into the precinct again

Members & ladies will outlast any new stands which are to be built

Pippen94

First Grade
They spent around $100mill building the East stand, South stand, two new screens, new pitch an drainage, new electric advertising, new seating lower bowl and new changing facilities for three home clubs and an away club.

To do the West stand they could pull out the current lower corporate boxes and fill in with new lower bowl seating which could become Gold members area like at commbank corporate stand, a terrace for bars etc for those members then a new 2 level corporate stand behind that giving around 30 corproate boxes and a Gold members lounge. Thatd be perfect. No idea on cost but proably not much change out of $120mill youd think.

View attachment 70726

Nobody cares about Perth rectangular thing..

Pippen94

First Grade
Pretty much this.

The owners of Docklands being the AFL, just to clarify both the Melb City (Heart) and the Rebels inaugural seasons were post the opening of AAMI (they never played at Olympic Park).

I agree, and AAMI is f**king brilliant, even a crowd of 12k or so really has some atmosphere in that stadium.

Its sounds mad now, but in the last 00s the Victory were averaging 27k per game and getting 50k to event games.

It seemed like they would be getting bigger and bigger (Frankly the A-league canniblised their fan base by introducing 2 new teams in Melbourne)

Western united have no fans & victory's highest membership wouldn't been in Melbourne city era. A league made mistake of introducing teams nobody cares about. Dandenong & south Melbourne would've done better

Pippen94

First Grade
Funding for Browne Park has been increased to $54 million with another new stand at the Albert Street end to be built as part of Stage 2 and the current Jack Crow Stand gets demolished from the middle of the year to make way for the new Crow Stand
334073431_1809810196071570_9057311406940299598_n.jpg

334040808_560836415814810_654097874795914887_n.jpg

First look at the new Albert Street stand to be built as part of Stage 2, looks like a new and extended roof for the Nev Callaghan Stand is to be built as well
334161896_723488099234689_5794075063262280268_n.jpg

Queensland Government media release

Nice looking ground but how does it cost so much?! Marconi & Sydney United both built 10k stadiums back in day, now these thing cost half a billion

Pippen94

First Grade
It’s probably heritage

all those trees are protected

and the neighbours losing their water views would have major objections

Don't think it's blocking many views. Trees give ground such an amazing look. Ppl here think something needs to be metal & plastic to be worthwhile

Bukowski

Juniors

I couldn't imagine them moving those 2 stands, more chance of moving the harbour bridge