What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Timbo

Staff member
Looks like an amazing spot for a ground with a stadium with plenty of potential for improvement. You could get that to 18-20000 with covered stands for a reasonable cost.

Smack bang in the murder and rape capital of the world. Truly an amazing sight an a pilgrimage all league fans should do on what may be the last day of their lives!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Smack bang in the murder and rape capital of the world. Truly an amazing sight an a pilgrimage all league fans should do on what may be the last day of their lives!
Never mind that half the locals dont have adequate roofs over their heads, lets build them a modern fully roofed all seater stadium with corporate boxes lol

Suitman

Post Whore
Coz the mods gotta do their jobs

So you're asking the mods to do your job for you. Ok then.
Seriously, just stop replying. The more YOU reply, the more THEY reply.
Ignore them and they go away pretty quickly.

The only reason there's more talk about rugby crowds than stadiums is because YOU keep continiuing to have the chat with the wanker. Just Stop.
You know very well that he can't back up his claims. TBA is a continuing rugby theme. We all know this and the reasons why.
If you can't do this, then I cannot help you, and you have no reason to complain about this person if you continue to engage with him. Blaming the mods is laughable.

Pneuma

First Grade
So you're asking the mods to do your job for you. Ok then.
Seriously, just stop replying. The more YOU reply, the more THEY reply.
Ignore them and they go away pretty quickly.

The only reason there's more talk about rugby crowds than stadiums is because YOU keep continiuing to have the chat with the wanker. Just Stop.
You know very well that he can't back up his claims. TBA is a continuing rugby theme. We all know this and the reasons why.
If you can't do this, then I cannot help you, and you have no reason to complain about this person if you continue to engage with him. Blaming the mods is laughable.
Whatevs

beave

Coach
I've spent about 6 months up in PNG over my working career. Their passion and love for RL is unsurpassed.

But giving them an NRL side would be like giving a houso a Lamborghini.

It might go alright for a while and get them some attention but how will they afford the upkeep or store it in a decent "garage"??

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've spent about 6 months up in PNG over my working career. Their passion and love for RL is unsurpassed.

It might go alright for a while and get them some attention but how will they afford the upkeep or store it in a decent "garage"??
The answer appears to be to put the garage in Cairns and have the federal govt pay the servicing bills.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Seriously if I was building a stadium in PNG It’d be 10K of standing terrace space surrounded by a 20k single tier of uncovered stands with maybe a 2-4K roofed area on the same side as the media facilities with a small handful of corporate boxes for govt and mining types.
You’re not trying to entice people with big screen TVs and surround sound stakes away from the comfort of their lounges, you’re trying to give as many dirt poor but fanatical footy fans an opportunity to go to a game. They don’t care about cover or seating, they just want to be there.

MugaB

Coach
I think it's worth noting, with all the nonsensical blabber V'landip has been going on with thinking he's the UN Secretary General about a PNG team, this is the stadium they'd play at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PNG_Football_Stadium

Papua-New-Guinea-National-Football-Stadium-1.jpg

14,000 mostly uncovered seats, almost no corporate facilities (not that they'd be selling too many boxes in Port Morsesby). It's basically Dolphin Stadium. We say it isn't up to snuff to host 12 NRL games per year, are we seriously going to say this place is?

Another reason why this whole idea is dumb as f**k.
Looks better than kayo stadium, already had more capacity too... i doubt it gets more than 6 games not 12.. the team has been mooted to be a Pasifika team, which means games in Suva, Samoa and Tonga.... might also get a few in Cairns.... THATS IN QLD

Wb1234

Referee
Do we think a new stadium is vital? HBF Park is perfectly fine as the home ground of an NRL team. Should they build to a point that it's warranted, they can play finals matches at Optus.
It’s not perfectly fine

it’s got poor corporate facilities and it looks dated and has a mismatch of stands

they just spent 3 billion on an afl stadium

if a small state like tasmania can raise 500 millio. Itself for stadia a rich state like Perth can do the same

the biggest problem with the western reds was playing in a poor stadium

Wb1234

Referee

Albaneses cheque book

writing an annual cheque of 25 million pa sure helps an nrl clubs finances

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It’s not perfectly fine

it’s got poor corporate facilities and it looks dated and has a mismatch of stands

if a small state like tasmania can raise 500 millio. Itself for stadia a rich state like Perth can do the same

That doesn’t mean it needs completely replacing- All three of the problems you mention would be fixed by building a new Western stand with corporate and media facilities that matches the existing eastern one, and adding a two tier northern stand to match the southern.

Bukowski

Juniors
It’s not perfectly fine

Which was the WACA you pelican.