What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

JD-Roo

Juniors
It’s not perfectly fine

it’s got poor corporate facilities and it looks dated and has a mismatch of stands

they just spent 3 billion on an afl stadium

if a small state like tasmania can raise 500 millio. Itself for stadia a rich state like Perth can do the same

the biggest problem with the western reds was playing in a poor stadium
$3 billion? For Perth/Optus I assume you mean.

Would you possibly have a link for that to clarify?

Most things I've read have it finalised at $1.8B

Timbo

Staff member
Buzz reports that McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle will get a new large screen at both ends, installed for the start of next season. About time we got some investment.

The southern screen has been out of action for probably a year now.

And the Northern Screen is a hand-me-down from the old Parramatta Stadium. About time we actually got something new and nice in the Valley.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How anyone can justify spending $100mill of taxpayers money on a stadium thats only 10km from a $800million state of the art one is beyond me. The interview was all over the place, one minute its not fit for NRL next he's saying its about it being a community ground for amateur sport. I'm sure it can be made safe and more usable for amateur sport for a whole lot less than $100mill. if they want to continue its existence for that purpose.

news-leichhardt-still-3-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-4-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-2-600x400.jpg
news-leichhardt-still-5-600x400.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
A couple of sketches put together in 10 minutes by Cox and Partners.
What a joke.
Just dump the place from the NRL altogether.
Massive increase in crowds this season has been due to the great game itself but also the better stadiums that the game is being played at more often.
While we are at it, dump Brookvale as well. That is as bad as Leichhardt.
Two horribly embarrassing grounds for the NRL.
As for Shark Park, I am speechless. It's barely good enough for NSW Cup.

westerntiger

Juniors
They would have to replace the hill if they want to keep it in the NRL long term. Kids hate the hills and they're the future of the game

How anyone can justify spending $100mill of taxpayers money on a stadium thats only 10km from a $800million state of the art one is beyond me. The interview was all over the place, one minute its not fit for NRL next he's saying its about it being a community ground for amateur sport. I'm sure it can be made safe and more usable for amateur sport for a whole lot less than $100mill. if they want to continue its existence for that purpose.

A redevelopment in the style of Redfern would be perfect.

and a Back To LO once pr twice a year…

beave

Coach
They would have to replace the hill if they want to keep it in the NRL long term. Kids hate the hills and they're the future of the game
there was a lot of NQ fans that sooked when the pics of the new stadium surfaced and there was no hill areas.

But then as soon as the same people go to QCB and experience the game in a mint all seater the whinges disappear pretty quick.

From someone that used to love the hills back in my teens and 20's but is approaching mid 40's, they're a relic of a bygone era and should be pissed off.

bazza

Immortal
A couple of sketches put together in 10 minutes by Cox and Partners.
What a joke.
Just dump the place from the NRL altogether.
Massive increase in crowds this season has been due to the great game itself but also the better stadiums that the game is being played at more often.
While we are at it, dump Brookvale as well. That is as bad as Leichhardt.
Two horribly embarrassing grounds for the NRL.
As for Shark Park, I am speechless. It's barely good enough for NSW Cup.
they are no Kenilworth Road