What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

It will be enough to keep a couple of games there. Richardson probably would have preferred the govt monies go to Campbelltown.

Richardson would look at the financial bottom line for the Tigers. I dare say he'd rather no money be spent, so they can justify moving game away from them both to ground with better amenities (e.g. Commbank, Allianz, even Accor). That money spent on Leichhardt Oval will have the same section of the Tigers fan base more strident in wanting NRL games being played there, which in my opinion, is the biggest obstacle the Tigers administration have in moving games.

Bukowski

Juniors
Richardson would look at the financial bottom line for the Tigers. I dare say he'd rather no money be spent, so they can justify moving game away from them both to ground with better amenities (e.g. Commbank, Allianz, even Accor). That money spent on Leichhardt Oval will have the same section of the Tigers fan base more strident in wanting NRL games being played there, which in my opinion, is the biggest obstacle the Tigers administration have in moving games.
I tend to agree, I don't think this is good for the tigers.

Bukowski

Juniors
Still won’t really be NRL standard. That’s not enough to upgrade the corporate facilities. It’ll get it to decent boutique stadium level. Maybe Kayo equivalent
It's already better than Kayo just on capacity. Would $40mill get you a northern stand like the one at Brookval? That looks like it has Corp facilities.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Nailed it. The blokes on the hill want games at Leichhardt. And Phil Gould.

It does nothing for the tigers' growth as a club.

horrie hastings

First Grade
It's already better than Kayo just on capacity. Would $40mill get you a northern stand like the one at Brookval? That looks like it has Corp facilities.

Unfortunately the northern grand stand looks like it would be just all seating and nothing like what they have at Brookvale unless they come up with a completely new re design different to what has been proposed by the last inner west council draft master plan .

If they are keeping the Latcham Robinson stand ( the western grandstand ) in its current form , they need to extend both ends to in line with the dead ball line, that way they can increase the corporate facilities somewhat but 40 million is not going to get all that done along with a northern grand stand, i think in the 100 million draft plan it had a knock down or partial knock down of the Western stand and the rebuild including the extensions along the sidelines plus the northern stand. 40 million is only going to get the cheap Northern grandstand plus new toilets and change rooms.

kurt faulk

Coach
Yeah, they should let their NRLW side play there to keep a connection with the ground.

That's exactly why it's important to keep these grounds viable. Upgrading the women's dressing rooms was a must as the women's leagues will most likely use these grounds the most.

As they're trying to increase their foothold in the public psyche it's a much better look to have games in these grounds than empty stadiums.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Meanwhile in Canberra the Government is continuing to pay lip service to the rectangular sports whilst quietly getting all their ducks in a row for a run at BBL and AFL licenses-
Manuka upgrade: Budget plan for new facilities at historic venue

Forget a new rectangular stadium. Manuka Oval might be the first major sporting venue in Canberra to get a significant facelift after the ACT government committed to design work for a new eastern grandstand. The government will fund a study as part of the budget later this month.

The venue capacity for Australian football matches will increase from about 14,000 to 20,000, and cricket will jump from about 11,000 to 18,000 when the construction is complete. The eastern upgrade was expected to cost at least $24 million in 2013. Given construction costs have increased significantly, that figure is expected to at least double.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...ost-canberras-big-bash-bid/?cs=14329#comments

Maybe PVL could get into the ear of the PM about that next time instead of sooking until he gets a layer of lipstick slathered on yet another shithole in Sydney.

Latest posts