What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

That article validates every criticism I've made about Perth. It refers to antiquated structures at PRS as being culturally significant because they're linked to a local fumbleball club. If the WA Gov won't knock these shithole structures down because a local fumbleball club that plays in a second tier competition is deemed more important then the game has no chance of getting a fair go in WA.

I was right when I said Western Australians hate rugby league and are fiercely loyal to fumbleball.

Last edited:

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
The John Langoulant stadium taskforce report from 2007 call for a 30000 seat Rectangular Stadium along with a 60-70000 seat Oval Stadium. The report became politicised,
GFC happened,
Alan Carpenter called an ill-timed election and lost to Colin Barnett,
Barnett delays Stadiums, Australia's 2022 FIFA WC Bid flopped,
Stadium locations moved,
Force and Glory couldn't wait longer for what had long been promised,
WA Govt and Town of Vincent opt for staged rebuilt of Perth Oval instead of new Rectangular Stadium either at East Perth Power Station, Next to Optus Stadium, or even the WACA site,
Masterplan drawn up for a 25000 seat Rectangular Stadium at Perth Oval,
Stage One build new Eastern and Southern Stands with the later only ⅔ built,
Stage Two (western stand) paused indefinitely after NRL backtracked on 2012 expansion, thus leaving the stadium with not enough tenants to make it viable.

Image1675227644.475966 (1).jpgImage1675227739.753908.jpgImage1675227633.716865.jpgImage1675227652.061285.jpg
Image1675242783.243241.jpgImage1675227731.998817.jpgImage1675227575.723923.jpg

*These are conceptual forms, the design of what has been built is slightly different, and hopefully a more spectacular western stand can built to.
I'm happy leaving the northern end as is with the Glory Shed

Wb1234

Referee
Look he’s said he’s spending 150 million so obviously that’s going to be the heritage stand

let’s hope the Perth bid team ask for more and provide a good business case for it

hbf isn’t terrible

Half of it is pretty good it can be made into a very good ground

Bukowski

Juniors
The John Langoulant stadium taskforce report from 2007 call for a 30000 seat Rectangular Stadium along with a 60-70000 seat Oval Stadium. The report became politicised,
GFC happened,
Alan Carpenter called an ill-timed election and lost to Colin Barnett,
Barnett delays Stadiums, Australia's 2022 FIFA WC Bid flopped,
Stadium locations moved,
Force and Glory couldn't wait longer for what had long been promised,
WA Govt and Town of Vincent opt for staged rebuilt of Perth Oval instead of new Rectangular Stadium either at East Perth Power Station, Next to Optus Stadium, or even the WACA site,
Masterplan drawn up for a 25000 seat Rectangular Stadium at Perth Oval,
Stage One build new Eastern and Southern Stands with the later only ⅔ built,
Stage Two (western stand) paused indefinitely after NRL backtracked on 2012 expansion, thus leaving the stadium with not enough tenants to make it viable.

View attachment 90364View attachment 90365View attachment 90366View attachment 90367
View attachment 90370View attachment 90371View attachment 90372

*These are conceptual forms, the design of what has been built is slightly different, and hopefully a more spectacular western stand can built to.
I'm happy leaving the northern end as is with the Glory Shed
Cheers mate. Looks like that ends the debate about the old Stand and Donkey can green light the bid.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
That article validates every criticism I've made about Perth. It refers to antiquated structures at PRS as being culturally significant because they're linked to a local fumbleball club. If the WA Gov won't knock these shithole structures down because a local fumbleball club that plays in a second tier competition is deemed more important then the game has no chance of getting a fair go in WA.

I was right when I said Western Australians hate rugby league and are fiercely loyal to fumbleball.
It was Heritage listed in the 90s, when it was still an Oval and still home to East Perth

Jamberoo

Juniors
OMFG I just can't get enough of the salt that AFLers are having over the Brisbane stadium proposals.

Sorry bitches last thing that's needed is Stadium Australia 2.0.
That didn’t sound all that salty. Just a description of what has transpired and the ridiculousness of spending $1.6B on a temporary stadium that will never be used again when you could upgrade/reconfigure the Gabba to 45K AND rebuild Suncorp at 65K for the $2.6B total that they are spending on the three venues.

t-ba

Post Whore
That didn’t sound all that salty. Just a description of what has transpired and the ridiculousness of spending $1.6B on a temporary stadium that will never be used again when you could upgrade/reconfigure the Gabba to 45K AND rebuild Suncorp at 65K for the $2.6B total that they are spending on the three venues.

images

Vlad59

Juniors
You really love your afl venues don’t you? I really enjoyed the utter nonsense you posted about the proposed Tasmanian stadium. A load of rubbish and terrible analysis if ever I’ve seen it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Victoria Park is the nuclear energy of stadiums.

Not planned, expensive, rushed at last minute, and designed to benefit faceless organisations behind the scenes.

Beware the bullshit.

Ding Ding Ding.

These numbers are also bullshit.

That QSAC shit ain't costing $1.6bn.

Let's be real, it'll be double that AT LEAST by the time it's done.

Same with Victoria Park or the Gabba.

That shit gonna run BILLIONS over budget.

Sooner spend money getting a nice athletics venue at QSAC (And maybe a busway extension) than spunk like 3 billion more on a ground that will be barely half full except for the occasional T20 match or AFL Finals game.

If some money can be spent improving corporate facilities in Lang Park even better.

t-ba

Post Whore
Literally the only people whinging about Australia being embarrassed by this are all followers of the one sport that is somehow more parochial than Rugby League!

Like thanks for your opinion my dudes but you know what I reckon was embarrassing? How much you merkins whined about a World Cup bid that would have brought us plenty of quality stadia!

Vlad59

Juniors
Ding Ding Ding.

These numbers are also bullshit.

That QSAC shit ain't costing $1.6bn.

Let's be real, it'll be double that AT LEAST by the time it's done.

Same with Victoria Park or the Gabba.

That shit gonna run BILLIONS over budget.

Sooner spend money getting a nice athletics venue at QSAC (And maybe a busway extension) than spunk like 3 billion more on a ground that will be barely half full except for the occasional T20 match or AFL Finals game.
The TAS stadium was originally costed at 750 million for a 23000 seater with a roof. Clearly that was conservative . Most recent estimate is between 1.6-1.8 billion. Fun and games.

t-ba

Post Whore
They're looking at it.

The IOC will demand improved corporate facilities so they can all be fed at a gilded trough. I reckon they literally don't give a shit about what Brisbane does so long as Muhammed Bin Salman is comfortable for the ten minutes he spends in the city.

Reactions: Vee

Latest posts